Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mods Ideas: Breach + Conquest

Phoenix86

Hi all guys!

First of all i wanna say that these ideas are not really 'mine' i've played this game modes in other games and i simply think that they can be tweaked and used in waframe to add new fun for us!

Breach:

Idea taken from: Unreal Tournament 2k3/2k4 - Assault mod.

The players start the mission outside an enemy facility, their objective is either destroy it, hack it or conquer it.

In order to do this there are different tasks to complete in a pre-determined order, each one has a small reward once completed and lead the team to different parts of the map, once everything's done there's extraction as always.

I'll make a small example to clarify how this would work (mission could be more complicated/long than this):

Breach - Destroy the Grinner's cloning facility:

Tennos land outside the facility, and the first objective is given: kill the scouts and the sentinel patrolling the perimeter, disable the alarm system without being discovered.

Once Tennos make it a small reward (like in defenses) is being given to the players and Lotus inform what's next to do:

Infiltrate the facility and sabotage the facility's construction line, no more stealth required but it's really appreciated in order to not being overwhelmed by enemies, once done another reward is given and the next objective too:

Your presence has been discovered, murder the captain of the facility and run to extraction: this part will be like an assassination, at the end of it a final rare reward is given and you can run to extraction.

This mission is designed to be a 'long task' usually not under 30 min to complete everything, with a lot of xp, a lot of drops and a lot of efforts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conquest:

Idea taken from: Unreal Tournament 2k3/2k4 - Onslaught mod.

Imagine a defense... where you have both to defend and to attack!!

Both teams (Tennos and the enemies) have a cryopod/reactor/relic (whatever you want) to defend and, at the same time, they must destroy the one held by the opposite faction (could be a powerful new tech cannon for grineers, an orokin relic for corpus, an hive for infested).

The problem is... you cant directly rush and destroy it! In order to reach it there are several waypoint in the map, connected each other and only 1 or 2 are directly connected to the objective! In order to damage the objective you have to conquest the nearer checkpoint... in order to get it you must fight checkpoint by checkpoint against the other faction which will also try to open its way to the cryopod you are defending!

There should be at least 2 possible path to reach the target so this game mod requires teamwork and coordination to win! Each time you cap the first time a checkpoint the whole team is rewarded with resources and a full HP restore, each time you become nearer to the objective to destroy the enemies spawn rate becomes faster and their lvl raises (based on planet's level).

Once you destroy the target you get a rare reward + istant extraction.

Here is a map example:

adara.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to comment and ask questions, overall be constructive!!

Edited by Phoenix86

Conquest would be nice for a clan vs clan kind of gamemode. *cough* PVP *cough*

Breach sounds neat but I would rather they add stealth bonuses for all missions. eg. completing a mission without being noticed by an enemy.

Conquest would be nice for a clan vs clan kind of gamemode. *cough* PVP *cough*

Breach sounds neat but I would rather they add stealth bonuses for all missions. eg. completing a mission without being noticed by an enemy.

Yeah well, Onslaught was a famous clan war mode, it's true... but i think it can be adapted for pve purpouses too given an intelligent AI ;)

Yeah well, Onslaught was a famous clan war mode, it's true... but i think it can be adapted for pve purpouses too given an intelligent AI ;)

I would love to have a more challenging gamemode :P

Something more than shooting a Grineer dude a couple times, picking up a Blueprint, and then running to extraction.

Dont get me wrong dude I personally like the ideas but the chances of DE doing this will be pretty slim. They will ask themselves does adding a breach map increase our player pop? I personally know the PvP element defo will but only 1v1 has been incorporated into dojo and even at that the bugs are horrible.