Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Mission Type] Resource Mining (Defence Mision)

Nitrobudyn

Tenno, we have located some rare resources. Our mining equipement is already there, but there’s a problem. [Greener/Corpus seems to be looking for those resources too]/[infested seems to be lured by that resources]. You have to keep them distracted as long as posible, so that they don’t find our mining equipement.

This is a variation on endless defence mission, where the enemy don’t want to destroy the pod, but kill tennos instead.

The goal is to keep enemies away from a certain area. If they won’t see any tennos, they’ll begin to search for resources (so that shades ghost won’t break the system). If they are too close they’ll notice presence of the mining equipement and when this hapends, tennos needs to evacuate the equipment and the mission is failed.

Every 5 waves there will be an extraction possibility:
The amount of resource is enough for our needs. Extraction is ready, unless you can handle more.

The 5 waves rewards would be TAM-TARADAM Rare resources!

would be very interesting.

defense with ressource rewards? hell yes.

but maybe you shoul implement a little bit more...defense.

at the moment it sound sliek "survive"

and survive with shade is not hard.

maybe you should need to defend the machines or containers instead of a cryopod?

The 5 waves rewards would be TAM-TARADAM Rare resources!

No. The idea was great until I read this. Each defense mission should reward only certain resources, depending on the planet you are on. If you do one of these defense missions on Mars for example, you could only get gallium, morphics, salvage and fieldron samples. And the 5 wave rewards should reward you a good amount of resources, 3-5x times more than you get normaly.

Or, these defense missions could work this way: you select which material you desire, and then a box will appear on your screen with ''Salvage: 0'', each 5 seconds the amount of Salvage you mine could be increased by a certain numbers. Once you reach wave 5, you get the option to leave with what you acquired or continue to go further while it saves what you acquired up til that 5 wave. If you are to fail at wave 9, you will only get the resources that were saved by wave 5.

Something like that. I'd go for the second option.

And the defense shouldn't be as complicated/exploitable as you said with the whole survival thing, it should be just a normal defense in which instead of protecting a cryopod you protect a mining thingy.

Or, these defense missions could work this way: you select which material you desire, and then a box will appear on your screen with ''Salvage: 0'', each 5 seconds the amount of Salvage you mine could be increased by a certain numbers. Once you reach wave 5, you get the option to leave with what you acquired or continue to go further while it saves what you acquired up til that 5 wave. If you are to fail at wave 9, you will only get the resources that were saved by wave 5.

^This

[...]

at the moment it sound sliek "survive"

and survive with shade is not hard.

maybe you should need to defend the machines or containers instead of a cryopod?

If there were machines to defend, the enemys would rather want to destroy them instead of killing tennos. I'd like to have more survival mode: Tennos are here! kill 'em all! [shade comes in] Huh, there are no more tennos around? let's do what we are here for. - shade helps for a short time, but if You stay off the radar for too long You'll fail the mission.

[...]
[...]

+1 for this idea. Every defence mission should let You choose what You are fighting for.

I would be fine with random resource rewards at the end of every 5 waves of defending a mining machine. It would be nice to choose, but considering how much runs on RNG, I suspect this would as well.

Well, if choosing isn't possible, you could just get random resources from the drop table of that planet. Getting any random resource is insane and unproductive.

Well, if choosing isn't possible, you could just get random resources from the drop table of that planet. Getting any random resource is insane and unproductive.

Your right. It would have to be planet specific. The quantity would also have to be based on difficulty of enemies on the planet as well, in either form (somehow the mining machine on Pluto is just more efficient).

Edited by liavalenth