Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DYRWWFM (Part: 5)

Revel72

I walked with her to my ship and she gets to see the jet fighter I pilot in the Earth "Feel like taking a ride?" I asked "As long as you won't do anything crazy" Mirage said "Only if I end up in to aerial combat" I said and opened the pilot room and take a seat. She did too and I attach the seat belts and other restrains required. Then I connect air pipe on my helmet hangar opened and lights turned off. I started the engines and soon we started to gather some speed. Soon enough to take off and I took the jet fighter off from speedway then to air. "By the old" Mirage said in radio I look around "Beautiful sight isn't?" I asked "It is" Mirage said.

I steer to sunlight as my helmet's light overflow vizier system activated. I saw something on radar "We got company" I said "Oh no..." Mirage said sounding slightly desperate "Don't worry. I am not just a commando" I said and engaged aerial combat. One to 6 situation although I reduce that number quickly in to 3 but after taking down two more. Last one started to be a problem not that my own fighter took damage but I couldn't deal damage on enemy. "I will take this bird higher now. Get ready" I said as I forced the jet to fly up in straight up position then dive. I manage to lock on my last enemy and fired as I stabilized my jet.

For fun I made an Aileron roll and then barrel roll. "You are really good pilot" Mirage said "Best one in the offer although numbers can affect the fight" I said "You okay there? I don't know does warframes have good blood control" I asked "I am hell of a moves there though" Mirage said "Grineer don't know nothing about flying with these kind of machines. I was pretty much only one who got complete training to it" I said "Can get back home?" Mirage asked "Depends on where your home is... My own is in here Earth" I said "To your home. We might attract attention more to here by flying around" Mirage said.

"You are right on that" I said and I steer towards the home. Soon I land after the speed dropped to level of able to stop the engines. Fighter stopped and I unlocked my seat belts. Took off the air pipe. Mirage started to get up too. I opened the cockpit for us and got out same time with Mirage. "Is there other armor variations than that?" Mirage asked "There are but they are in the main base what we had before we got decimated" I said "Can you describe any of them?" Mirage asked "My own is IaA variation. Infiltration and Assassination. My girl friend used Pathfinder meant for extremely large distance traveling" I said.

"It must have had been using speed increasing technology then" Mirage said "Allows skiing in flat surfaces and latching on walls. Also it has greater radar range but no detection preventing systems. Then there is Engineer variation with all kinds of tech and tools for all kinds of jobs. Medic variation and that's about it" I said "Really no more?" Mirage asked "Nope. I have engineering skills, explosives, assassination, infiltration, sabotage, sharpshooting, marksmanship and I am a quite okay cook too" I said "How did you manage to make time for that? And what would you have wanted to do if you have had been able to step down in to normal life after reuniting Grineer?" Mirage asked.

"My team did missions too but somebody had to be ready with the meals at home. That was I. I think I would have wanted to learn to bake something or paint. Now I just bake some good plots to kill somebody and paint walls, floors and roofs with somebody's blood. Unless I decide to do something else for sake of difference" I said "How many kills you have in your books?" Mirage asked "More than 300. All of them planned and executed to save lives. Or just murder somebody in cold blood" I said "Basically you want to say that more than I have killed?" Mirage asked "Yeap... I know my rifle, I know my enemy and I know where to aim to kill" I said.

"Ballistas what I have seen are really bad in the fields. How come you are different?" Mirage asked "I do not fire when I see my enemy. I fire when I can predict the next move" I said "I have seen some bodies what have had been shot in the head and some of them are probably by your rifle. How does the bullets go through enemy armor so easily when fired from your weapon?" Mirage asked "Extremely high speed. These rounds go nearly speed of sound. When all the energy is pinpointed in to one small place on the bullet's tip. It is going to make some nasty work on somebody's armor or shields. Bullets I use are designed for complete penetration" I said.

"Over penetration. Well good reason to use shotgun instead of a sniper rifle against Infested" Mirage said "Indeed. Corpus helmets ain't having a chance against my rifle neither their shields. Although on MOAs I need to place the shot really well" I said "It has two magazines though. Why?" Mirage asked as I closed the cockpit and we headed back to small apartment. "One has assault rifle ammunition and second has sniper rifle. This thing can be fired either semi automatic, full auto or bolt lock" I said "Basically like our Vectis rifle?" Mirage asked "No your sniper rifle what you call Vectis is more of a cousin to extremely old air rifles" I said.

"Oh... Alright" Mirage said as we arrived to apartment. "What kind of sidearm do you use?" Mirage asked. I pulled out my handgun "Large magazine ones. This one has 20 rounds in one magazine more than capable for self defense. This gun also uses same barrel, hammer and ammunition design as my rifle does. Although from 143 meters if I shoot. I won't be shooting through heads as easily as my rifle does" I said "That is quite long range though" Mirage said "Indeed. Most critical about success of a shot is where you are and what kind of position you have" I said.

"Continue" Mirage said "Best position is either behind cover or while lying and waiting" I said "Will you allow me to use your rifle to try?" Mirage asked "Some day but not this time" I said "Ah I see" Mirage said "I will be heading to one place to see if there are any missions tomorrow if you feel like it. You can come with me" I said "I will consider it" Mirage said as I put my handgun on the holster and went to make something to eat. Mirage followed me and wanted to learn how to cook. I decided to teach her same time we had conversation about something else than killing or weapons. I didn't really feel anything major about her but she has had become a good friend.

Something what has great rarity these days. Specially what comes on me. People would just turn me away because of fear of getting targeted by Grineer or Corpus. Unless they finds them in situation of having a grudge towards me from something. I do have to admit. People have lost their working places because of me gardening away all the corrupted business ships in Grineer space. She is a good person although the questions are still making me nervous a bit. Although by the time I spend with her. They became less and less nerving. I wish I would be able to be more for her but I can't. This war is too big for a relationship right now. At least I think so...