Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Donating Plat

GrandMasterV

Had some spare euros and i i thought why not donate some one a bit of plat.

Does not have access to it cause of certain payment methods not being global etc.

But i can not donate bloody plat, i can donate games through steam but no plat.

Why is this feature not available so that you can donate plat through steam as a gift?

bollocks! i already agreed not to reset by donating to the Clan Dojo

Not to mention that i got most of the warframes to lvl 30 and most of the weapons, working to get mastery rank 9 atm.

I need this feature i need to give some one a little hand!

Either let me donate plat straight through WF or donate Plat packages through steam.

So when is this coming back anyway?

Edited by GrandMasterV

I've also wondered this, had an excess of plat at one point and felt a bit bad for some of the genuinely nice people in the various bad luck threads, so i bought some void key packs and took them on runs.

This could be an option although it's limited, and not quite so useful with the increased drop chance of them.

I've also wondered this, had an excess of plat at one point and felt a bit bad for some of the genuinely nice people in the various bad luck threads, so i bought some void key packs and took them on runs.

This could be an option although it's limited, and not quite so useful with the increased drop chance of them.

Believe it or not i got full prime gear from 5 key packs and some key drops from defense missions.

Yes lucky indeed, and i take people on those void runs.

But this is about getting some frame and weapon slots and a reactor/catalyst.

What I don't get is why you can't buy platinum for another account, you know actually gift the platinum. Not give someone platinum from your account. That way it belongs to their account, and if their account is reset they get the plat back because it is their plat, but if your account is reset it does nothing to that platinum, you just bought it.

Yeah i do understand, especially that currently you can't gift it. i also understand the want to, and the unfortunate reasons we can't, I was just giving people an alternative :)

In our case especially where there is no longer a chance to reset it seems a big shame that we can't. I do see that it could potentially reduce overall plat sales, but as you stated, and as i feel, those who want plat will buy it and those who actually can't, are stuffed.

Although i can foresee endless amounts of begging overrunning every forum thread were it to be an option.

i also don't think it fair to ask DE to use staff resources for this purpose (via support tickets or something) so i'm a bit stumped.

Perhaps they could ask for a plat donation to be added to the livestream to increase giveaways, but i like to personally give it (even if it remains anonymous on the givers side) to know that the person is actually worthy of the gift.

I could get behind an ability on the site to gift plat for people, maybe those on your friends list, similar to what you can do on steam and gift friends games. Its not like steam is full of beggars. It would be easy I think to use steam to gift plat that you could buy on steam to other peoples accounts. That is, if the Devs made it available. Currently it isnt though...

As far as giving someone else plat from your own account though? i doubt DE ever would do that.

I wouldnt mind an IN GAME ability to buy something with plat, but donate the item to someone else though. Like, buy a friend whos just starting a new warframe for example.

Works as well but you need plat to buy slots, you can not obtain slots without plat.