Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Less Health On Revive, More Health From Enemies.

Ohman95

It has bugged me for some time. When you get revived your health is fully restored.

I would rather have it so that you get a lot less health when revived, but enemies have a chance to drop orbs when killed.

According to my history of suggestions, no one's gonna like this.

Reason on why you get full health is because if you're revived in the middle of a gun fight, then most likely you'll get knocked down again just as you got up. With the full health restore, it guarantees a safe exit.

i agree, you shouldnt get instantly back on your feets with full health,

BUT i think standing up with 50% while the other 50% slowly regenerate is better

than making health-orbs drop from enemys

Personally Ive always thought it was odd that I have the ability to revive someone to full health when theyre dieing, but I dont have the ability to heal someone at all if theyre injured and not "downed". Or heal myself for that matter.

Its why I've always thought reviving someone should cost a usable item instead, sort of like ammo packs or health kits. Maybe just allow us to stack them in like groups of 9 or something.

I was actually thinking about something rather similar a bit earlier. Basically a player is only allowed four revives within a single mission, regardless of whether they are team revives or solo revives.

1st revive: You stand up with 100% health, all is good.

2nd revive: You stand up with your health permanently reduced to 75% of normal (for the remainder of the mission).

3rd revive: Your health is permanently reduced to 50%.

4th revive: Your max health is now 25% of normal.

On your fifth death you die permanently for the remainder of the mission and neither teammates nor solo revives can help you.

Edited by Winterbraid

or giving 10~20% of you current health to you downen mate

to get them back at their feets

I could get behind that as well, as long as there was an option to buy a usuable item which would revive them to full as well.

I could get behind that as well, as long as there was an option to buy a usuable item which would revive them to full as well.

a mod maybe? i would like that more than buying stuff

Edited by Depar

a mod maybe? i would like that more than buying stuff

God no, too many mods. Handspring for example, and even Retribution,,, bad mod choice. Diamond skin, Flame Repellant, Insulation, Lightning Rod.

Problem with all of them is they way too "circumstantial" as it is. No... don't ever suggest nerfing a general gameplay element and replace it with a mod ability ever again. *serious face*

God no, too many mods. Handspring for example, and even Retribution,,, bad mod choice. Diamond skin, Flame Repellant, Insulation, Lightning Rod.

Problem with all of them is they way too "circumstantial" as it is. No... don't ever suggest nerfing a general gameplay element and replace it with a mod ability ever again. *serious face*

yeah this mods are useless xD

but still like my idea :<

I was actually thinking about something rather similar a bit earlier. Basically a player is only allowed four revives within a single mission, regardless of whether they are team revives or solo revives.

1st revive: You stand up with 100% health, all is good.

2nd revive: You stand up with your health permanently reduced to 75% of normal (for the remainder of the mission).

3rd revive: Your health is permanently reduced to 50%.

4th revive: Your max health is now 25% of normal.

On your fifth death you die permanently for the remainder of the mission and neither teammates nor solo revives can help you.

I for one dislike this idea quite a lot. I really don't see why should you get punished so much for dying, but this is my personal preference.

The true problem lies in the fact that this system will destroy new players, they are already squashy and newbie, punishing them for dying will make most new players quit.

Personally Ive always thought it was odd that I have the ability to revive someone to full health when theyre dieing, but I dont have the ability to heal someone at all if theyre injured and not "downed". Or heal myself for that matter.

Its why I've always thought reviving someone should cost a usable item instead, sort of like ammo packs or health kits. Maybe just allow us to stack them in like groups of 9 or something.

Hm, why not have the 4 revives per 24 hours be that "consumable"? Though maybe that'll make them revives too precious.

yeah this mods are useless xD

but still like my idea :<

The ONLY way I could get behind more "useless" mods is if we had more slots for mods. For example, our frame has a set of mods, why not our helmet, or our "systems"? I specifically remember there being THREE parts to a frame I had to build.

If they split up some of the mods some, like enemy sense, thiefs wit, warm coat, Handspring, Retribution, Diamond skin, Flame Repellant, Insulation, Lightning Rod, warm coat, maybe flow, continuity, stretch, streamline, and put them in your helmet instead, then great. Give me some useless mods. But as someone said... mod slot, 9 mod capacity, for 12% fire damage reduction? Even if all enemies and all traps did EXCLUSIVELY fire damage, I STILL wouldnt use that POS mod. Id expect something like that to max out to like 80-100% fire reduction at that cost. Really its better to just have 320% more health right? Come on DE, get some common sense. *shakes head*

I for one dislike this idea quite a lot. I really don't see why should you get punished so much for dying, but this is my personal preference.

The true problem lies in the fact that this system will destroy new players, they are already squashy and newbie, punishing them for dying will make most new players quit.

I also agree, punishing people for dying is not the answer... its why I suggested non reusable items. As it stands theres really not much reason to buy any of those items in the game. Heck Ive been given more ammo packs and health kits than I know what to do with, and never ONCE have I needed one.

Hm, why not have the 4 revives per 24 hours be that "consumable"? Though maybe that'll make them revives too precious.

No helping a team mate shouldnt take away one of YOUR revives. The reason your trying to revive someone is so that no one loses revives in the first place. *slap* Bad!

Edited by unmog

Well, I've got 100 hours and counting and I've played both solo and with randoms quite extensively, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone die more than four times within a mission, nor have I ever run out of my daily revives. I don't think it's an excessive punishment either since it only becomes significant if you die more than twice in a row, and by that time you should have a general idea of what killed you and how to avoid it.

I think death in this kind of game should happen rarely but have slightly more severe consequences than it does right now, and from my personal experience the 'happens rarely' bit is there while the consequences aren't. But if people are dying as much as you claim they are, then that is a problem, not the potential consequences of death.

If they split up some of the mods some, like enemy sense, thiefs wit, warm coat, Handspring, Retribution, Diamond skin, Flame Repellant, Insulation, Lightning Rod, warm coat, maybe flow, continuity, stretch, streamline, and put them in your helmet instead, then great. Give me some useless mods. But as someone said... mod slot, 9 mod capacity, for 12% fire damage reduction? Even if all enemies and all traps did EXCLUSIVELY fire damage, I STILL wouldnt use that POS mod. Id expect something like that to max out to like 80-100% fire reduction at that cost. Really its better to just have 320% more health right? Come on DE, get some common sense. *shakes head*

These mods should have been passives. DE are so lazy and so in love with their flawed mod system that they simply don't want to add any bonuses/passives or other stuff that is outside the mod system.

And the artifact system is just as flawed, even so most of these crappy situational mods should have been artifacts. They keep adding S#&amp;&#036;ty situational mods to the table just because they don't want to do some sort of passive system.

I bet in one year we'll get 50 more situational mods, by then you won't equip mods based on utility but based on how much points you are wasting with them: ''Hey, this situational mod is wasting 1 less point than these 20 other situational mods, I chose you!''

Sorry for turning this into a ''why the hell do we have so many situational mods with bad stats'' post.

yeah good idea and yeah not in the form of a mod :O

These mods should have been passives. DE are so lazy and so in love with their flawed mod system that they simply don't want to add any bonuses/passives or other stuff that is outside the mod system.

And the artifact system is just as flawed, even so most of these crappy situational mods should have been artifacts. They keep adding S#&$ty situational mods to the table just because they don't want to do some sort of passive system.

I bet in one year we'll get 50 more situational mods, by then you won't equip mods based on utility but based on how much points you are wasting with them: ''Hey, this situational mod is wasting 1 less point than these 20 other situational mods, I chose you!''

Sorry for turning this into a ''why the hell do we have so many situational mods with bad stats'' post.

Naw its quite alright, good to see someone else with some common sense that agrees. Worst part is I cant just abstain from using these mods, cuz now this BS is clogging up the other mod drops. *grrs* But yea, thats not really about the OP's idea about the problem with revives.

So to get back on track, where do you stand on the idea that maybe you would need to use an affordable one time use item that you could buy with credits to revive someone? Much like how the game tries including already in their inventory system that gets pretty much ignored, EG ammo packs and health kits etc.

Edited by unmog

So to get back on track, where do you stand on the idea that maybe you would need to use an affordable one time use item that you could buy with credits to revive someone? Much like how the game tries including already in their inventory system that gets pretty much ignored, EG ammo packs and health kits etc.

To be honest, it sounds pretty good, I could see it work and as you said it would put the inventory to use. Have you thought about a price?

Edited by Kohira

Nope, have no idea what it should cost. Id assume something in between a large health recovery kit [500 creds], and a full team health recovery kit [750 creds].

I would think much more than that and people would complain since right now its free without any limit.

Naw its quite alright, good to see someone else with some common sense that agrees. Worst part is I cant just abstain from using these mods, cuz now this BS is clogging up the other mod drops. *grrs* But yea, thats not really about the OP's idea about the problem with revives.

I don't see why someone should pay for things that exclusively benefit someone else while granting the owner no benefits at all. Why not just reduce the amount of health restored when revive by a teammate (say 50%) and make the 4 free revives restore 100%. This way people don't have to spend credit on an item that serves them zero purpose and only serves to revive an ally, can't even use it on yourself. And this also makes the 4 daily revives worth something important. 

Say you're down in a intense firefight. Teammate revives you only for you to come back with 50% and you get downed again. Instead of the teammate tanking shots (and most likely taking health damage reviving you as well which only puts them at risk of being downed also) tell your mate to let you die and that way they can fight and you can use the free revive to come to full health and be more useful. Instead of having your mate constantly having to revive you since 50% health is really enough to go looking for health orbs hoping your shield saves you long enough.

Edited by Lomberdia

I don't see why someone should pay for things that exclusively benefit someone else while granting the owner no benefits at all. Why not just reduce the amount of health restored when revive by a teammate (say 50%) and make the 4 free revives restore 100%. This way people don't have to spend credit on an item that serves them zero purpose and only serves to revive an ally, can't even use it on yourself. And this also makes the 4 daily revives worth something important. 

Say you're down in a intense firefight. Teammate revives you only for you to come back with 50% and you get downed again. Instead of the teammate tanking shots (and most likely taking health damage reviving you as well which only puts them at risk of being downed also) tell your mate to let you die and that way they can fight and you can use the free revive to come to full health and be more useful. 

Because its a team oriented Co-Op game, I wouldnt mind having items that I could use on an Ally. Its all about effecient teamwork...

I however do hear you :p I think using it on an Ally should give 100%, while using it on yourself is only 50 or 25% :)

Edited by unmog