Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distress Beacon

KevinnTCG

Don't know if this has been suggested before - but here goes.

I was playing a game of defense solo hoping someone would join up but it wasn't happening, was having trouble around wave 3 and started thinking it would be nice if there was a Distress Beacon type button in the ESC menu, which puts a ping on the mission you are on in the planet and players could see it and join for some sort of extra reward for helping out a fellow Warframe. Once again if this was already suggested don't flame me just tell me.

(Limited to a few times a day and only the host of the party can put up the beacon)

Using it during solo mode should probably be prohibited considering it would probably be hard for them to even code it in.

Pasted from the steam community forum.

Id suggest just inviting friends, or if you need to, make more friends :p

Really though that suggestion only works until wave 5... I think people should be able to join at any wave since if someone leaves it really can handicap the rest of the team.

If you want though feel free to add me to your friends in game and we can do some missions together. I can be your SuperTenno :p

As far as your suggestion... honestly I have no idea how the current system even works, Ive seen numbers on planets before but not sure if thats the amount of people, amount of individual games, or if those are the number of people I can join. Ive tried joining some with numbers on them and I've had mixed results... sometimes I join a game in progress, sometimes people join me, sometimes nothing happens and I just sit until I hit "play now" then all of a sudden people join me. Then Ill go to play on planets without numbers, like boss missions late at night, then join someones game.

It would help for one if the UI was improved some so you know if theres a person you can join... maybe even information like a lobby screen about who's playing on that planet and how many people are with them.

Not a bad idea, except the distress beacon could be exploited to start, and use this as a method to get additional rewards.  So how it's applied, what conditions etc would go a long way to making this more viable.

I think this is a good idea, could be like calling in reinforcement tenno.

This would need some limits though so it doesn't get exploited.

I still think we need some more lore to elaborate on what we are actually doing... seems like we are the bad guys :P