Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pursuit [New Mission Type Suggestion]

Keiiken

Like Capture but the target is in motion trying to get the their version of extraction so you are racing a clock.

Alerting the enemies to your presence causes the target to move faster and of course reduces the time on the clock.
Its in your best interest to be either very fast, very stealthy or able to kill them very quickly.

Please no comments about it being too hard (thats the point) or rushers going to always want to leave their team behind and only play the speed game (that another discussion an issue the plagues co-op in general).

I like this idea but Rhino will need a moped.

Same for Frosty.

The overall is nice, but instead of the "encountering enemies would reduce clock time and make him move faster" i would change to "lock downs screw you up"

The slower

I like this idea but Rhino will need a moped.

I like the idea, but I can see the slower frames being screwed over...

The slower frames would only be screwed over I think if they tried to play it speedy.
I think it can be made to work for all of the warframes, maybe have checkpoints where the target stops periodically.

The slower frames would only be screwed over I think if they tried to play it speedy.

That doesn't really make sense to me... How would they only be screwed over if they try to do what the mission tells them to do and be fast?

maybe have checkpoints where the target stops periodically.

Good idea. This gives slow frames the chance to catch up.

That doesn't really make sense to me... How would they only be screwed over if they try to do what the mission tells them to do and be fast?

Good idea. This gives slow frames the chance to catch up.

I said that the enemies are moving, would only move fast if you can't stealth kill or kill them before they alert the entire map, read the first post.

I said that the enemies are moving, would only move fast if you can't stealth kill or kill them before they alert the entire map, read the first post.

I did read the first post. You didn't say they would only move fast if you don't alert them, you said they would move faster if alerted, implying they would be moving quickly in the first place. You also implied that there would be a timer from the start, since you said that alerting enemies would reduce the timer. This means that the mission would encourage you to move quickly, something that is not so easy for slow frames. This mission type would screw over the slow frames, regardless of whether or not the enemies are alerted. That won't change unless you change the starting conditions.

So wouldn't it be like a form of a defense mission but instead the "boss" moves away from you if you take to long to clear an area?

I kind of like the idea of playing with friends and deliberately going slowly just to see if we can rack up the kill count to an insane level.

I think this would be a great idea once they implement the map generators to have more than one way to the objective. That way maybe you can plan out better strategies and flank? Or perhaps aggro one side of the map with like a rhino(tanky) and ember(offensive) while other more stealthy frames (loki, banshee) can go around the masses and try to capture the target. It would give a good role for tanky players, stealth players, and killeverythinginonebutton players xD

But overall, I think this is something DE should definitely think about.

+1