Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to progress up the focus Madurai tree?

dodorichard

Question

I have enough to get the next level on the Madurai focus tree, I have unlocked:

Phoenix Gaze (obviously)

Blazing Fury(10% extra slash)

Searing Wrath(10% extra puncture)

Burning Rage (10% extra impact)

Chimera Breath

So what should I unlock next? Or should I go all out damage and start ranking up Blazing Fury, Searing Wrath and Burning Rage? If I do max them out, should have extra 30% for all the damage type for the duration of the mission.

3 answers to this question

Personally I went for max puncture and reduced cooldown.  Be careful what you max out because of the dependency... puncture requires impact or slash (sorry, forgot and not looking it up) and if you max BOTH the cooldown will be horrible.   So I would leave 1 point in the pre-req for puncture ....  but that's just me.  

30% in all 3 is sweet for hour+ long missions but 99% of your non marathon missions will be OVER long before you can activate the power!!  If you do mostly long missions, that's ok.   If you run daily reps and alerts and such that are quick ... its worthless.  

3 hours ago, jonnin said:

Personally I went for max puncture and reduced cooldown.  Be careful what you max out because of the dependency... puncture requires impact or slash (sorry, forgot and not looking it up) and if you max BOTH the cooldown will be horrible.   So I would leave 1 point in the pre-req for puncture ....  but that's just me.  

30% in all 3 is sweet for hour+ long missions but 99% of your non marathon missions will be OVER long before you can activate the power!!  If you do mostly long missions, that's ok.   If you run daily reps and alerts and such that are quick ... its worthless.  

I am seeing the same thing, been doing lots of credit farming which only last 5 min on average so I almost never get to trigger it. The only time I have been using it is when I am using low level Def to both credit farm and rank up weapons, usually its full by wave 7 so I can use it. Can tell by the numbers from my Tonkor, its definitely working.

May rank up Slash first since that is the most useful damage type.