Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Scanner questions

DEATHLOK

Question

1. Does scanning specific requested targets use up charges available for each scanner, or are the charges only for "extra" scans?
  2. Are the traps intended to hold targets long enough for a complete scan, or are we expected to use multiple traps?
  3. When playing with others who also have the scanning quest active, does everyone get points for a successful scan, or only the person operating the scanner? What happens when multiple players scan their own points on the same target?
  4. What if more than one person is scanning?
  5. Is it best to have one person deploy traps and another scan? I guess this revisits the points question, above.
  6. Is it normal NOT to get an audio confirmation of a success scan? The particle effects-rich animation of the target disintegrating doesn't seem to play for me the way I've seen on YouTube. It seems that if I don't catch a point award flash briefly on screen, I don't know if I succeeded or not.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Does scanning specific requested targets use up charges available for each scanner, or are the charges only for "extra" scans?
I'm not sure what you mean with this. Extra scans?

Are the traps intended to hold targets long enough for a complete scan, or are we expected to use multiple traps?
Depends a bit on how fast you managed to scan the points. One or two traps should do fine.

When playing with others who also have the scanning quest active, does everyone get points for a successful scan, or only the person operating the scanner?
Everyone gets points.

What happens when multiple players scan their own points on the same target? What if more than one person is scanning?
One person can scan the point, the other scan should cancel out and not be used when two people can the same point.

Is it best to have one person deploy traps and another scan? I guess this revisits the points question, above.
One can use the trap and the other can scan, but I wouldn't say it's best. It doesn't matter much really. Unless you consider it crucial to save a few seconds or something.

Is it normal NOT to get an audio confirmation of a success scan? The particle effects-rich animation of the target disintegrating doesn't seem to play for me the way I've seen on YouTube. It seems that if I don't catch a point award flash briefly on screen, I don't know if I succeeded or not.
I'm not sure. I tend to play with sounds turned off. I don't think I've ever found myself in a squad where the target actually escaped though, lol.

24 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

By "extra" scans, I meant scans you could make with the regular Codex Scanner.

And are you able to sythesize a limited number of targets per day?

It uses up a scan for the scanner you're using. There's a Sol-Battery Widget available (for 50,000 standing) to recharge it though.

You can synthesize loads of enemies, but when you reach the standing limit it's not worth it to keep scanning since you won't be getting any more standing for it anyway. The daily standing limit is 1,000 × Mastery Rank + 1,000.