Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Do When You Have Someone Afk In Spawn On A Defense Mission?

Hatecaster

This was a question that a lot of people that were trying to do Olympus had I do beleive for the last hour (at least). However, I had a solution!

Using a combonation of string, duct tape, and air conditioners my trusty Vauban warframe and a considerable amount of free time, I bounced the afker out of the spawn into the actual defense area so that groups of people would stop encountering him.

Granted, I had neither Fraps or my stream up, so I can't actually show everyone how I did it, or me doing it at all for that matter.

If there is one thing I'm going to request, it's a afk-detection system within the actual levels of Warframe, so that if a user is afk for too long within a level, it automatically kicks them out. At any rate, I'm done.

so far I've yet to encounter a "rude" afk-er, people I've played with excuse themselves from the game (toilet breaks, irl stuff etc) and they do go back. I'm usually playing with vauban, ash, frost. I think I know how you bounced him back so kudos to you, but for the rest of the frames I don't know.

Just finish the session until the nearest extraction wave and leave the session, if you're with a couple of friends and a random afk-er joined, best have it in private or just resquad, hopefully you get a "better" player than the previous one.

Just finish the session until the nearest extraction wave and leave the session, if you're with a couple of friends and a random afk-er joined, best have it in private or just resquad, hopefully you get a "better" player than the previous one.

The issue is that Wave 1 will not even start with someone AFK in starting room.

This same issue can happen with Jackal since all players need to be in arena before he activates.

I'm going to request an afk-detection system

It exists sort of, if only one of two people in a mission is active the team doors will open after a few tries. (Personal Experience)

Just needs some implementation in defense missions...I don't think afkers should be kicked, cuz I'm generally happy unless the defense is wrecked because we NEEDED that one person, but it's rarely like that at waves -15.

Yep, we had a Vauban do the same to a friend who went AFK, but forgot to move his Tenno into the playable area first. A few bounces later and he was out.

The irony was that he was a Loki, and it would've been much faster to switch teleport.

They should start the defense as soon as half the team is there, just like they do for extraction.

And afk time out would also work but then youd have to wait for the time out, and some people might complain, saying its too long or too short. It doesnt really fix the problem either.

Its why I think the Host should have a boot command. :)

I once had someone join and go afk. Luckily, he was in a stupid spot and died. Then, at mid-wave 10, I messaged the other person and told him he should claim and exit because I'm failing that match. The other random claimed, and I failed the match for the afker. Might not have done anything but I didn't care.

The bestway to deal with $&*^head afkers who are scared to go solo when they start a session and wait around for other players but leave themselves in session for 10 minutes before coming back is to leave, return with a mag, loki or vauby, force them out of the spawn zone, let them die. If they come back in match and end up dying, Don't revive them, ever. As they are bleeding out, tell them this wouldn't happen if they weren't being a $&*^head. The power of negative reinforcement, brought to us by B.F. Skinner.