Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Ability To Stop A Foundry Construction.

TheEvilMouse

Currently, the best method to recover your mats is to submit a support ticket.  They have an entire category for this issue.

I agree that there should be a cancellation button available for foundry items.  I think it should return at least 3/4 of the mats, if not all of them.

Almost agree, with a slight twist, when you cancel you get the mats minus the mats that would have been used at the point of canceling, example:

We start on a Gorgon by mistake, lets just say it takes 10 hours to make. Those 10 hours, if allowed to be completed equals 100%, follow me so far?

ok so lets say 1 hour goes by before we realise our mistake and we cancel the build. Now 1 hour out of 10 equals 10% if 10 hours equals 100% right? so when we cancel, a full 90% of the production is yet to be done meaning we would get back 90% of the amount of mats it would take to build the Gorgon. But only the mats not the credits.

This way we don't get punished severly for what was the result of a moments distraction while at the same time giving us some incentive to consider the possible consquences if we're not paying attention to what we are doing.

How's that?

Edited by Dieson

Almost agree, with a slight twist, when you cancel you get the mats minus the mats that would have been used at the point of canceling, example:

We start on a Gorgon by mistake, lets just say it takes 10 hours to make. Those 10 hours, if allowed to be completed equals 100%, follow me so far?

ok so lets say 1 hour goes by before we realise our mistake and we cancel the build. Now 1 hour out of 10 equals 10% if 10 hours equals 100% right? so when we cancel, a full 90% of the production is yet to be done meaning we would get back 90% of the amount of mats it would take to build the Gorgon. But only the mats not the credits.

This way we don't get punished severly for what was the result of a moments distraction while at the same time giving us some incentive to consider the possible consquences if we're not paying attention to what we are doing.

How's that?

Why should we be punished for a mistake? I think we should get ALL mats back.

Why should we not be?

Sure it was a mistake, so is killing someone while drunk driving or shooting a fellow hunter because he looked like a bear, should either of these two examples also end with no punishment of any kind? too harsh examples? ok, how about a foul in a sportsgame, it might have been by accident but it still has consequences.

As may have become clear i'm a firm beliver in cause and effect, and to me, my suggestion is simply common sense.

But we are all individuals and as such we have differing opinions, so tell me why you think we shouldn't be affected by our actions.

Edited by Dieson