Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions: Stealth And Gun-Blazing

MilkMans

This is my second week into Warframe, and I have to say, I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this.  A third-person shooter that inherits RPG traits, such as exploration of planets (Planet traveling) and leveling up characters (Warframes) and weapons.  Warframe is a very addictive hack-and-slash game, and does its job at keeping non-paying and paying customers hooked on to the game by giving us players incentive to work and grind towards new gears and warframes.

Although the downfall to this game, in my opinion, is the repetitive maps, missions, and rewards, I know full well that this game is still in it's beta and more maps are too come in the future.  I would like to narrow my focus to rewards.

As a Tenno, we have two options to go at when faced with a mission: 1) Go stealth, or 2) Go-Guns-Blazing.  The result is the same, we are rewarded with experience and modules that we have either obtained through stealthy kills, or through hack-and-slashing.  The downside to this is that a person who stealthed their way through a mission aren't rewarded a lot of experience for primary and secondary weapons, as opposed to players who hack-and-slashed their way through a mission.  As a result of this, I believe there should be an emphasis on rewarding players with uncommon  or rare modules,and  material rewards. such as morphics/gallium/nanspores/etc rewarded by Lotus for playing stealthy, for stealthy players, but keep the rewards normal for guns-blazing players.

For example, an alert is programmed each time a player is caught shooting at an enemy face on, or when an enemy spots a Tenno.  If a player has less than X amount of alerts, lets say two, than the player has a better chance of earning the rewards listed above, for stealthy players.  But as the game goes on and the player is noticed by more enemies, than the chances for these rewards drop.  

Please add any criticism/additons to my idea, and if this topic was already brought up already, I'll remove my post.

I like this idea for a few reasons

1. stealth is way more time consuming than just running in guns blazing..

2. stealth is very hard to do (going the whole mission undetected)

3. rewards players to actually try harder, and have a reason to be challenged...

1 problem i see is that balancing might be an issue, while i dont doubt the developers of this game, i think this would be a difficult task for them.

Overall great idea.. would love to see this in game