Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire And Ice.

Sada_no_Fujin

How? Do you know what happens when you put boiling water, and ice together? you get a roughly room temp liquid, depending on the volumes in question. It can't be both burning hot enough to light something on fire and cold enough to freeze it. While i understand that this is a game and the laws of reality hold no sway here i figure you would also call it a balancing issue. One should remove the other. 

TLDR: Fire and ice are opposite temperatures. There fore something can not deal both heat damage and cold damage at the same time.

Edited by Varo_Sanumai

Im agree, it would be nice to make a little bit of logic in the game, to make the choice of mods more strategic than... farm upgrade and put all the mods in the same weapon...

I think the theorycraft with a little bit of logic would be nice there, make the gameplay of each weapon change with the mods.

Aside from "it's a game about spaceninja, logic has no room here!!!" Well....actually it is possible. Think about a frozen block of wood. On the outside it could be burning, while on the inside it is still frozen.

If you wan't ammunition capable of doing such things: Multilayered bullets, two seperate chemical reactions, splitting up when hitting a target, igniting its surface and freezing its core solid.

Edited by Jhin

Aside from "it's a game about spaceninja, logic has no room here!!!" Well....actually it is possible. Think about a frozen block of wood. On the outside it could be burning, while on the inside it is still frozen.

If you wan't ammunition capable of doing such things: Multilayered bullets, two seperate chemical reactions, splitting up when hitting a target, igniting its surface and freezing its core solid.

The wood bludgeons and burns, hypothetically speaking. Unless its soaked it won't really freeze and in that case it won't ignite. In the case that you actually did ignite frozen wood the parts that are actually aflame that could burn you would heat and melt. Either way your not going to do any sort of cold damage by hitting someone with something that is just frozen. It would have to be cold enough to freeze the target.

well i always thought that it was more like this - you atak an enemey then your weopon sets it aflame the same instant your weopon realeses somthing like liquid hidrogen and freezes part of the enemy this way it is part flame and part freez dmg

Interesting note, I was discussing this very topic with a few of my clanmates days ago, and I came to the same conclusion with the bullets.

If you're actually worried about real-life physics, then the FIRST thing to object to is having cold damage at all.

The amount of heat a bullet would have to absorb to freeze a target with a single round (or even a few rounds) is quite high, considering the target-to-bullet mass ratio is upwards of 250:1. But even if you COULD supercool a bullet such that it could absorb enough heat to freeze a target, firing it at high speeds would rapidly heat it up while it was on the way to said target; it wouldn't be able to arrive at such a low temperature even if we could fire it without adding heat to the bullet.

So yeah ... keep real-life physics comparisons out of any game that uses Ice bullets.

If you're actually worried about real-life physics, then the FIRST thing to object to is having cold damage at all.

The amount of heat a bullet would have to absorb to freeze a target with a single round (or even a few rounds) is quite high, considering the target-to-bullet mass ratio is upwards of 250:1. But even if you COULD supercool a bullet such that it could absorb enough heat to freeze a target, firing it at high speeds would rapidly heat it up while it was on the way to said target; it wouldn't be able to arrive at such a low temperature even if we could fire it without adding heat to the bullet.

So yeah ... keep real-life physics comparisons out of any game that uses Ice bullets.

SMW

If you freeze something and then heat it real fast, it can be frozen and on fire at the same time.

True, but a bit boring if u ask me. If u take an fire frome Thermite (what gets rly hot) and ad a good chunk of ice to it, it will explode! Poor heavy grineer, lol

How? Do you know what happens when you put boiling water, and ice together? you get a roughly room temp liquid, depending on the volumes in question. It can't be both burning hot enough to light something on fire and cold enough to freeze it. While i understand that this is a game and the laws of reality hold no sway here i figure you would also call it a balancing issue. One should remove the other. 

TLDR: Fire and ice are opposite temperatures. There fore something can not deal both heat damage and cold damage at the same time.

Placing thermite and ice together beg to differ with you lol.