Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reflex guard, how does it works nowdays

xubile

Question

i have this mod maxed during exalibur buff quite a while ago(trying to see if the block could stacks, it don't stack btw),  

it visually seen that the frame is rising the melee weapon blocking the bullets.

since the new reworked sayrn had the 3rd skill where i could reach 100% damage reduction while blocking, i tried to put the mod back on her, however it doesn't seems to works like the 1st time i tried it, it just swinging my saryn arm when it triggers and barely had damage reduction on it.

does the mod broken due some sort of bug atm? or the melee update change it? either way hope the dev resolve it.

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure if this will answer why the mod isn't behaving like you expected to behave, but i did noticed the damage reduction is indeed a bit weird.

From what I understand the damage reduction you get from blocking with melee only works when you actively have the melee weapon equipped. When you auto parry when holding the main or secondary, it seems the game isn't able to get the damage reduction from the melee weapons so the reduction would be then 0%. (from a bit testing in the simulacrum) 

I do hope they fix this, as the mod helped alot with frames that have barely armor.

The mod

On 5/26/2016 at 2:58 AM, xubile said:

i have this mod maxed during exalibur buff quite a while ago(trying to see if the block could stacks, it don't stack btw),  

it visually seen that the frame is rising the melee weapon blocking the bullets.

since the new reworked sayrn had the 3rd skill where i could reach 100% damage reduction while blocking, i tried to put the mod back on her, however it doesn't seems to works like the 1st time i tried

The mod hasn't changed, it still works as it always has. What has changed is damage reduction. You can no longer have 100% damage reduction.

Different melee weapons have different levels (%) of damage reduction. Sword and Shield, Nikana, Polearms, and maybe a few others reduce damage by 85%. Regular swords, dual swords, blade and whips reduce damage by 60%. All the others reduce damage by 35%. Nothing will reduce damage by 100% anymore.

Check the wiki for complete list of weapons and damage reduction percentages.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_2.0