The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos, Hate Or Reaper Prime?

Razfallo

Question

17 answers to this question

Orthos. The only real "advantage" the Hate has over the Orthos is the fact that its jump attack knocks things down, and there's way better weapons for that sort of thing anyhow, so it's kind'a moot. That said, the Reaper Prime is complete garbage and a real travesty considering how one is to obtain it.

Edited by Asbyn

Reaper prime is the worst heavy weapon in the game. They tried to make it viable by giving it the highest crit damage, but that is worthless with such a low crit chance. I prefer the Orthos for it's speed, and reach.

Orthos = Infested

Hate = Corpus, Grineer, Void

That is ofc. just out of my experience.

I has not tryed the Reaper prime since I has not gotten that yet,

What exactly makes you think that the Hate is better suited for fighting Grineer/Corpus than the Orthos? They're both classed as slashing weapons, so they both deal the same damage to each faction (x3 bonus to non-Ancient Infested), whereas the Orthos at least has the advantage in both speed and range/reach.

"But the Hate does 5 more damage per normal swing," you might say. What a joke.

Edited by Asbyn

At low level it doesn't matter.

At higher levels (probably from around 40+) Orthos will perform better because it has better charge damage. (You should be using charge attacks wherever possible because they have dps.)

The only alternatives would be Gram / Scindo.

What exactly makes you think that the Hate is better suited for fighting Grineer/Corpus than the Orthos? They're both classed as slashing weapons, so they both deal the same damage to each faction (x3 bonus to non-Ancient Infested), whereas the Orthos at least has the advantage in both speed and range/reach.

"But the Hate does 5 more damage per normal swing," you might say. What a joke.

bcz of the mods I got wich makes those "5 dmg" more like 15 more base dmg, + the other mods.

I personally prefer Hate, because the drop attack has saved my butt multiple times.

When you get overwhelmed, just do the drop attack and everything get's knocked over (even ancients).

Also, you can knock things into those areas where "you" get tp'd back, but they just disappear, effectively instantly killing them.

Also, they have very similar stats, so with some modding, you can make Hate just as fast or even faster, and Reach allows it to get huge range too.

Thank you all for answers, but there are a few comments about reaper prime, what can obtainers of it  say? (I've got the recipe and the mats)

I have the reaper prime, and I have leveled it to 30. It is simply an awful weapon. If you care about good numbers I do not recommend it. However if you simply like the looks of it, and numbers are not a concern to you then by all means have fun.

As of right now the only reason I leveled it was for the mastery rank.

Just take one of them and start levelling it... before you know it is level 30 and then comes the moment you want to level another one. So basically it is the question.. which one to level first ;-)

Oh and a reach increasing mod on both the Hate and the Reaper works like a charm....so then only few  pro's and cons   (probably mostly player style pref) remain when choosing...

Personally do not spend days on stats... unless you always want to keep playing with one Frame and one Melee weapon and thus stay at a comfortable Mastery level of 2

"It is not the sword that makes the warrior deadly.. it is his skills in wieling it."