Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Alerts] A Suggestion

Nixsy

Hi I have noticed in my time playing Warframe the number of player unhappy that they missed an alert or that an alert was at a very unreasonable time for their given timezone.

The Alert system has been with Warframe for a long time and I can see how it was originally thought up but as the game has progressed and more loot is being put into the alert system saturating it, The rarity of BP's is increasing.

My idea would be to give a player up to 20 tokens a day (Lets call them alert tokens) which will act like void keys but entering an alert mission instead.

How to get these alert tokens:

Players Would need to complete 'X' amount of missions on a planet to recieve a token for that planet (So maybe every 40 missions completed 1 token will be rewarded).

How to use these tokens:

The token system could be dropped right alongside the void key and Dojo key system.

Benefits of the system:

The overall benefit would be a viable way of giving player that do not play for extreme lengths of time a shot at Playing the alert system too.

Players will be given a reason to complete missions other than the standard drop.

The system will scale (1 token every 40 missions with a max of 20 tokens still equals 800 runs) so if a player only plays 80 runs they are guaranteed 2 alert missions any time of the day or night.

Adding RNG to the reward of the alert system seems a more fun way to find those rare BP's or get the catalyst you require (as appose to waiting a very long time for Vauban BP's or catalyst BP's).

Adding RNG with planet specific alert drops based upon the planet you received the alert token, Would prevent new players from having to run mission on tougher planets [Thanks TheErebus]

I am always open to suggestions or ideas to improve this.

Example:
40 missions on venus: TOKEN RECEIVED.
Token mission location: VENUS

Edited by Nixsy

That is true, though every 40 missions seems a bit too high. Perhaps 25 is a better amount?

some missions can be completed in under 5 mins. So that would mean a little over 2 hours and you could have your days worth of alert keys.

[Edit] or 1:15 as shown here 

Edited by Nixsy

some missions can be completed in under 5 mins. So that would mean a little over 2 hours and you could have your days worth of alert keys.

[Edit] or 1:15 as shown here 

And how exactly would the token work with the locations?

If you get a token at a mission on mercury, then it may lead you to a mission on Eris with enemies way above your level.

And how exactly would the token work with the locations?

If you get a token at a mission on mercury, then it may lead you to a mission on Eris with enemies way above your level.

This I have not thought through. But possibly you can choose the planet to spend the token on. Some planets have a higher percentage chance for rarer bp's based on enemy strength.

As an example: Spend a token on Pluto for a chance to pickup Vauban parts.

Spend a token on Eris for a chance to pickup Catalyst's

[Edit] Just keep the drop rate high enough so 3-5 runs and you will have a part.

Edited by Nixsy

This I have not thought through. But possibly you can choose the planet to spend the token on. Some planets have a higher percentage chance for rarer bp's based on enemy strength.

As an example: Spend a token on Pluto for a chance to pickup Vauban parts.

Spend a token on Eris for a chance to pickup Catalyst's

Eh...

Then it would be too easy. I think a better way would be that the alert token would only take place in the planet where it was picked up.

Eh...

Then it would be too easy. I think a better way would be that the alert token would only take place in the planet where it was picked up.

Fantastic idea =) Do you mean.. You complete 40 mission on the given planet to receive the token?