Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginers Question On Build For Farming Infested/ Defense

Zhapod

Question

Hello evrybody! :)

I'm new to game (started playing a week ago) so i'm wondering, what is a good warframe to use for defense missions against infested and also what weapons are good for this kind of thing.

If you have any expirience with this please post your suggestions, just keep in mind that i'm looking for easy achievable and low cost (under 200k altogether) build, but you can also suggest higer lv builds for later ;).

Thanks in advance.

Fellow Tenno

7 answers to this question

If you're playing online, nearly any decent group can run to at least wave 15 in most defense maps without too much cohesion.

If you're specifically anti-infested, Ember is strong.

The normal 'go-to' warframes for defense missions are some mixture of these: Vauban, Frost(or Frost Prime), Saryn, and more or less anything else.

Frost (or Prime) are used for the shield around the pod. Vauban are good for the DPS scattered around the map, and Saryns have strong AOE damage as long as you mod properly.

As for Weapons, anything capable of killing the lose mobs, defending yourself, and killing the mobs occasionally stuck in various places around the map is suitable.

would be good if you tell us what warframe and what weapons are you using right now and what mods you have

also if you can put orokin catalyst (potato) on it

honestly almost any warframe is good  as long as the person knows what he is doing and have the proper mods on it (NO - rush,marathon,quick rest, acrobat and any $&*&*#(%& mod like that is not good if you want to do late infested defence missions and stay to at least wave 30)

the warframes i would NOT bring to infested defence - Loki,Volt and find Ash kinda bleh on them too

mods to use on your warframe for defence other than your 4 main ones - Focus , Stretch , Streamline , Continuity , Flow , Redirection (make sure at least  your Focus  and Stretch are maxed)

always the first 3 mods stated under each weapon are MUST, rest is whatever you like

if you are early in game, cook yourself a cronus for melee (u get the BluePrint from killing the Mercury boss (very first planet), its cheap to cook and strong as hell if you put good mods on it - sundering strike , pressure point , fury - if u have potato add - killing blow, target cracker,reflex coil,molten impact i also have reach on it

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/3249/9yny.png

buy yourself a kunai BP for secondary it costs 15K credits (in market under weapons), its great against infested

mods to use - barrel diffusion, hornet strike,no return , if you have potato add - target cracker, heated charge ,deep freeze and anything else

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3231/b8k.png

and for primary i recommend shotgun and mod it right, since you are early in game you have no access to HEK ,so buy yourself a Strun its only 75K credits right now in market ,no BP ,no time need for cooking, its the real weapon for 75K

mods to use - hells chambers, flechette, point blank , if you have potato add - ravage, incendiary coat ,chilling grasp and anything else you want

for later infested defence missions and something to look forward, here is my  lol HEK that kills anything in matter of second

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/8241/ioeh.png

Thanks for all advice however i did some of my own reaserch and i've discoverd there is more to this game then just defense missions *total shocker* :O.

So i will listen to all feedback abotu pretty much anything. :D

Curently i'm wondering what warframe to lv up next. Primary wepon i'm using right now is breton but will swap it for grakata when i get my first potato and later i'll also buy hek.

Secondary i own lex right now but will buy akbolto later on just coz then look godam awsome and for mele i'm lving up orthos atm.

I just don't have a clue what sentinel to buy however i'm leaning toward Shade just for invisibility. :)

The normal 'go-to' warframes for defense missions are some mixture of these: Vauban, Frost(or Frost Prime), Saryn, and more or less anything else.

Frost (or Prime) are used for the shield around the pod. Vauban are good for the DPS scattered around the map, and Saryns have strong AOE damage as long as you mod properly.

Vauban is the best pod protector for infested missions, i find Frost's globe to be crap against infested, i'd bring a Nyx instead of him anytime. The ideal infested defense team is Vauban+Trinity+Saryn+Saryn.

LE: Listen to the guy above, buy Kunai and/or Strun and forget about Grakata.

Edited by sleepyzor

For infested defense: any warframe with an AoE ultimate. Notably: mag, frost, banshee, ember, vauban. Easiest to get is either mag or ember, depending what you chose at start.

For anything else, preference before spreadsheets. Look at gameplay videos on youtube and play what you think looks cool. No one will ever berate you for playing a certain warframe or using a certain weapon (except maybe bows).

Thanks for all advice however i did some of my own reaserch and i've discoverd there is more to this game then just defense missions *total shocker* :O.

So i will listen to all feedback abotu pretty much anything. :D

Curently i'm wondering what warframe to lv up next. Primary wepon i'm using right now is breton but will swap it for grakata when i get my first potato and later i'll also buy hek.

Secondary i own lex right now but will buy akbolto later on just coz then look godam awsome and for mele i'm lving up orthos atm.

I just don't have a clue what sentinel to buy however i'm leaning toward Shade just for invisibility. :)

If you want to get akbolto, then i will strongly suggest you to max your lato first. Then craft bolto using your lato. Max bolto, then build akbolto. In this way, you can maximize the mastery exp you can get. This will also allow you to have an open slot when you use the lato/bolto to craft the next weapon. At least, that's how i utilize my slots.