The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exculibur 18.3

(PSN)kobetroy

Question

Is Exculibur still good after the update. Im ok with what the changes look like on paper but my pc friends say they over did the nerf.  I knew they might nerf in the future but i thought it would be after the release of umbra so they Wouldn't risk losing money on sells

7 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

The wave spam needed a nerf though. Its supposed to be a close ranged weapon, not a gun sword. (we have the Redeemer for that)

I know im fine with that. But was it over done like my friend said or is it still in a good place thats my main concern that he maybe terrible now

Edited by (PS4)kobetroy

Its not as good requiring you to get in close...which means you'll die alot as Excal doesn't have armor or defense to be in melee range like other melee centric frames. Also the slide attack with EB active will cost you energy so closing the distance to get in close will cost you, which DE is forcing you to do if you want to be effective with EB.. DE didn't really think this through. 

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

Damage fall-off was a good idea. Exalted Blade in its previous form encouraged bad habits. I'm not sure about the slide blind, but if you ask me, there shouldn't be slide blind in the first place.

Ah thats all it is not a overall  nerf to base dmg or anything like that,just fall off thats way better than what i thought you . Was worried after hearing about the changes to Valkyrie an Trinity that he was made terrible. This is good then except for the mini blind change 

Edited by (PS4)kobetroy

31 minutes ago, Fate0 said:

Its not as good requiring you to get in close...which means you'll die alot as Excal doesn't have armor or defense to be in melee range like other melee centric frames. Also the slide attack with EB active will cost you energy so closing the distance to get in close will cost you, which DE is forcing you to do if you want to be effective with EB.. DE didn't really think this through. 

You mean..**GASP** you'll actually have to use his other abilities? OH THE HORROR!  :P

But seriously, that is what radial blind is for, enemies that can't see you can't hurt you and they take huge amounts of extra damage to boot. Plus there is Slash Dash which is cheap to cast and you are immune to damage while you are dashing. 

@Fate0 He has damage reduction from the sword while the ability is active from what I recall, which gives him some leeway on taking hits as long as he isn't surrounded. But even then he can just blind the room or push them away with Javelin to clear some space if he's getting overwhelmed. But as for "having cost for closing distance", Valkyr has had this since her inception from what I recall. She doesn't have energy waves when she swipes her claws at people, so Excaliboy still has range over her, it just has falloff now as it should've because are you seriously saying you were fine with every single one waltzing around hearing "swish, swish, swish swish" 90,000 times before you even hit the 2nd room or corridor in a mission if you weren't playing solo?

Also, you can still use Steel Fiber and Vitality (+ Vigor for an added bonus) on him if you're really worried about his survivability. And with 225 base armor, he's only 75 less than Frost and exactly equal to Saryn Prime. That's still a ton of damage reduction without going past the point of ridiculous scaling damage.