Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Ironskin And Thrak Helmet

gaurdianaq

So while currently I haven't had to many issues with iron skin not saving me I can definitely see on higher lvls how in close quarters it wouldn't last long. So why not add a soft scaling damage reduction to the iron skin. So it would still absorb 800 damage, but depending on the level of the mission you're in and the average dps you're receiving the amount of damage reduction would scale to a point.

Have any of you seen the movie the core? In that movie they had a tunneling machine, and the greater the pressure on the machine the stronger the hull became due to the special properties of the material it was made of, why not have something similar for iron skin. That way it's not overpowered in low levels but not underpowered in high levels.

Also for the thrak helmet, why not either make the health bonus a percentage or have it give +25 to your base health. That way the 25 would scale with vitality. And if 25 scaling with vitality is to much they could always lower it to 20 or 15.

Thoughts?

EDIT: So I did the math and even at it's current 25 health, at max with redirection it would only increase his health by about 110.

Hmmm what if the helmet increased his overall health, like as if per level. so instead of 300 max health, with the helmet at lvl 30 rhinos max health would be 375, not including redirection.

Edited by gaurdianaq

Iron Skin should be a flat 80-90% damage reduction, affected by Focus and the duration increased by continuity with all cc immunities.

Alternatively Iron skin as it is now could be buffed to 1000 shields, 30% damage reduction and a slightly extended duration that can be recast for a stacking effect (duration and shields)

I think most would go for the first one, but the second one sounds pretty cool as far as converting energy into health goes, although it could be abused heavily.

Personally, i think they should bring back the OLD iron skin but with a time reduction like maybe somewhere between 10 to 15 secs and make him slower or something if so many people think he is op with all that. apparently those dont know that a tank is tank (reason why DE reduced him to basically useless in higher levels, making him HIGHLY dependent of his load out). But if buffing that is too much, at least make his other skills a bit more useful or give him the speed necessary to evade heavy close quarter attacks. im sure what most rhino users have an issue with is iron skin, its just one of those skills that make the character special and makes rhino, well a rhino. hopefully DE does something about this.

as for the rhino helmet and most helmets IMO in the looks category are pretty if i must say, ugly. with the exception of a few that look pretty cool. agree with your idea on the helmet. it would be a better trade off of stats. simply because 25 hp is not worth the lost of speed atleast to me, rhino is already slow as it is.

IMO i think its unfair that frost's snow globe is timed but rhino iron skin is damage cap. now snow globe is OP it covers a wider range than iron skin. and frost shares the same stats as rhino, plus he gets a helmet that gives him 33% armor!! like might as well remove rhino from the game since frost is basically rhino but better in almost all aspects

Edited by SlowMoMo

i agree, the thrack helmet is kinda useless , a scaling added life would be great 

Edit : i would'nt mind if it make me even slower if the slow worth the buff

Edited by Leyden