Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm Denial (Bladestorm Lock)

ChromePhantom

If you find yourself in an infested level, with Runners are closing In, DO NOT USE BLADESTORM!!! It took me awhile to pinpoint the cause of the issue but it is truly mission crippling. When you first start bladestorm theres about a 2 second window in which if a runner explodes near you and causes you to stagger, you will become trapped in a "Pre-Bladestorm Lock". During this you are unable to jump, use any abilities and are no longer affected by gravity (if you manage to go up, you will NEVER come down). Anyone else with ASH please try this. I want to make sure its not just me somehow. My theory is that its the stagger that causes the lock. So any enemy that causes knockback or stagger should be able to do this to. But its only happened to me with Runners.

If you find yourself in an infested level, with Runners are closing In, DO NOT USE BLADESTORM!!! It took me awhile to pinpoint the cause of the issue but it is truly mission crippling. When you first start bladestorm theres about a 2 second window in which if a runner explodes near you and causes you to stagger, you will become trapped in a "Pre-Bladestorm Lock". During this you are unable to jump, use any abilities and are no longer affected by gravity (if you manage to go up, you will NEVER come down). Anyone else with ASH please try this. I want to make sure its not just me somehow. My theory is that its the stagger that causes the lock. So any enemy that causes knockback or stagger should be able to do this to. But its only happened to me with Runners.

I haven't noticed any connections between Runners and this bug. I've been able to use Bladestorm while runners are closing in without experiencing this bug. Many times, actually, since I have played almost exclusively on Infested levels with my Ash. Perhaps the runners are just a coincidence?

Also, do you encounter this issue while playing solo or while you're hosting, is it just when you've joined another person's game, or have you not noticed which it is?

I had the same bug twice now. I enjoy the invincibility but not being unable to finish the map.

It seems to be caused by the enemy dying as you are teleporting to them causing the whole skill to go crazy. This does not neccessarily happen with runners as  Its happened to me with corpus as well due to my teammate killing them as I teleport to them.

I haven't noticed any connections between Runners and this bug. I've been able to use Bladestorm while runners are closing in without experiencing this bug. Many times, actually, since I have played almost exclusively on Infested levels with my Ash. Perhaps the runners are just a coincidence?

Also, do you encounter this issue while playing solo or while you're hosting, is it just when you've joined another person's game, or have you not noticed which it is?

For me the issue happens when a runner explodes while i'm entering Blade Storm, and just a few days ago it happened when I was somehow attacked in the middle of bladestorm. Its only occurred for me during Online play while in a full group. 

I actually got stuck in this recently and was able to finish the level only because a MAG was friendly enough to drag me around with Pull. :D.

Just by reading different peoples posts my diagnosis would be this: Blade Storm is TOO DANG SENSITIVE!!! One single unaccounted for event happening while entering Blade Storm (or being in it) is enough to crash the power!

Also recently i've run into a new Blade Storm bug, I haven't isolated a reason for it, all I know is that it happens. Sometimes you select an enemy and attempt to enter Bladestorm, the beginning animation starts with a small amount of smoke dropping. Then nothing, you don't enter Bladestorm and sometimes if you're unlucky the energy needed for it is spent.