Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I Get More Xp Doing This.

Freemind0

Question

I got a new warframe, and i want to lvl this one. But at the same time i would like to farm some mats from a lvl 10 area.

Im lvl 4 atm. And im just wondering, lets say i would go to a planet thats for lvl 30, that i unlocked by playing on my Excalibur warframe, would i then get more xp if i go there as lvl 4, than if i would go to a lvl 4 planet?

If that sounds confusing, il explain it like this, as lvl 4, where do i get most xp, at a lvl 30 planet or lvl 4 planet.

12 answers to this question

I got a new warframe, and i want to lvl this one. But at the same time i would like to farm some mats from a lvl 10 area.

Im lvl 4 atm. And im just wondering, lets say i would go to a planet thats for lvl 30, that i unlocked by playing on my Excalibur warframe, would i then get more xp if i go there as lvl 4, than if i would go to a lvl 4 planet?

If that sounds confusing, il explain it like this, as lvl 4, where do i get most xp, at a lvl 30 planet or lvl 4 planet.

All enemies give the same amount of affinity no matter where you are - the difference comes in when you start looking at how fast you can kill mobs, how many you have to kill, and how fast they come to be killed. Usually I find that mobile defence missions are perfect for leveling up as there is no limit on the amount of enemies can come to be killed; rather, it depends on how fast you can kill them. Kiste, Ceres, and Kappa, Sedna, are some examples of said mobile defence missions.

All enemies give the same amount of affinity no matter where you are - the difference comes in when you start looking at how fast you can kill mobs, how many you have to kill, and how fast they come to be killed. Usually I find that mobile defence missions are perfect for leveling up as there is no limit on the amount of enemies can come to be killed; rather, it depends on how fast you can kill them. Kiste, Ceres, and Kappa, Sedna, are some examples of said mobile defence missions.

Slightly incorrect, higher level enemies give more XP than their lower level counterparts.

Higher level enemies give a bit more experience, but, as has been said, time to kill is what will level you faster. That and heavy grineer. Kill those every chance you get if you just want experience.

So basically: Grineer mobile defense. Everybodies doing it.

Edited by happyfunba11

Slightly incorrect, higher level enemies give more XP than their lower level counterparts.

Are you entirely sure? Killing infested in Xini or the corrupted in T3 tower runs appears to reward me less affinity than grineer in Mercury.

EDIT: Unless that little number that pops up above them is an entire lie.. and now that I think about it, most of the numbers that show up during missions tend to be absolutely false anyway..

Edited by Jaddit

Are you entirely sure? Killing infested in Xini or the corrupted in T3 tower runs appears to reward me less affinity than grineer in Mercury.

EDIT: Unless that little number that pops up above them is an entire lie.. and now that I think about it, most of the numbers that show up during missions tend to be absolutely false anyway..

Try killing an ancient on wave 5 and then another on wave 10.

Try killing an ancient on wave 5 and then another on wave 10.

I have many many times. They both award me around.. okay woah, tunnel vision like crazy right now.. anyways, they both award around 200 something affinity, with no significant differences. Then again, if I missed a one affinity difference, I'm sorry. I just checked the wiki and the forums for any mention of differences in affinity between levels, but I saw nothing.

Those numbers are not a complete lie. Killing regular infested rewards less exp than killing grineer. The exp gain increases with enemy level, but very little, it's like 1 extra affinity per level, not proportional at all with the increase in difficulty. Generally speaking, the most efficient thing you can do is farm the highest level enemies you can one-shot.

I have many many times. They both award me around.. okay woah, tunnel vision like crazy right now.. anyways, they both award around 200 something affinity, with no significant differences. Then again, if I missed a one affinity difference, I'm sorry. I just checked the wiki and the forums for any mention of differences in affinity between levels, but I saw nothing.

Yes, the difference is small but it is there. But when you go from level 17 to level 100 the XP difference is quite large.

Those numbers are not a complete lie. Killing regular infested rewards less exp than killing grineer. The exp gain increases with enemy level, but very little, it's like 1 extra affinity per level, not proportional at all with the increase in difficulty. Generally speaking, the most efficient thing you can do is farm the highest level enemies you can one-shot.

Ah, now that I can grasp my stubborn little brain around. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

wait, those numbers are affinity? not Health? oh wow, i feel kinda stupid.

Fastest way to lv up stuff is to befriend a Frost and Loki, and then let them babysit you on Kappa/Kiste.

Loki, with Stretch mod, will Radial Disarm all the Grineers in the room and force them to come melee you guys.

And Frost (also with Stretch mod) will do the usual Snow Globe, to protect the pod, and Avalanche, to kill off all Grineers that got disarmed by Loki.

What happen at the end?

Bunch of mods and exp!

It's kinda like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhH_5R0Cpk

Edited by YTakuyaY