Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Yet Another "friend Shows Up Offline" Topic, But With A Twist

HYBRID_BEING

My friend's living with me and we both play the game, but, the only way for us to get in a single session is joining another friend of ours. The twist is that instead of both of us connecting to router, only my friend does with his laptop, the router itself is connected to my PC, which in turn is connected to ISP and have access to the Internet through VPN (The reason is the router being crappy, this way in case router goes on an unexpected break there still will be connection on my PC, so PLEASE do NOT suggest connecting my PC through router). If my UDP Ports are set to 3960 & 3962 my friend shows up online, but since i'm still offline for him, my invites don't reach him. How should i set up port forwarding in my case?

So my husband and I have had similar issues, I've not set up port forwarding for either computer.  What I did was simply go in game and change the ports my PC uses.  Additionally if you are in a large clan with a lot of people online it can take several minutes for the UI to finally show people on your friends list.

The part about the large clans impacting your friends list looks to me like a prioritizing issue, Clan check is done before friends list when the friends list should really be done before the clan list.

Already tried changing ports to no avail. Nothing happens for my friend, and as for me the answer is in the first post.

Do you have a similar wireless LAN setup? A reminder - my friend connects wirelessly to the router, which is connected by WAN interface to my PC (not ISP as in most cases), which is connected by cable to ISP and has access o the Internet through VPN.

As for clan it only consists of 4 people, so that should not be the problem.