Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Salvage/disassemble Option.

lZerul

As more Prime Frames/Weapons come out, older players will inevitably get more and more duplicates of gear they already own.

Not everyone is willing to shell out those valuable potatoes + forma on a shinier version of their old favorites that they worked so hard on. The Prime versions may not realistically be better, but people will want to add them to their collection nonetheless.

This makes a lot of people afraid that their work on their existing frames will be rendered worthless when a shinier "Prime" version of their gear comes out.

I propose that we add a Salvage option to Warframes/Weapons, which will return a BP for Potatoes/Formas used on them, but destroy the item itself. This way, they will have to re-farm the materials for those items ( + play time), but will still be able to re-use those items on their shiny new gear ( - wasted effort).

Thoughts/Opinions?

Edited by lZerul

As more Prime Frames/Weapons come out, older players will inevitably get more and more duplicates of gear they already own.

Not everyone is willing to shell out those valuable potatoes + forma on a shinier version of their old favorites that they worked so hard on. The Prime versions may not realistically be better, but people will want to add them to their collection nonetheless.

This makes a lot of people afraid that their work on their existing frames will be rendered worthless when a shinier "Prime" version of their gear comes out.

I propose that we add a Salvage option to Warframes/Weapons, which will return a BP for Potatoes/Formas used on them, but destroy the item itself. This way, they will have to re-farm the materials for those items ( + play time), but will still be able to re-use those items on their shiny new gear ( - wasted effort).

Thoughts/Opinions?

Some implementation of this idea would be great. I polarized my Vauban simply because I know his prime won't come out for a while. I definitely won't be polarizing another non-prime frame as I have Excal.P and Frost.P to do now.

i believe it would be fair to say that this idea on its own is awesome, but there would need to be a bit more of a turn over, otherwise people will just pass them over and over.

most of us know how little time it actually takes to rank up a weapon. how about a purchasable blueprint for a disassemble tool? something that takes a full day to craft, but itd be in the shop. id think itd be fair to say at least 50,000 to 100,000 for that kind of blueprint.

thats my 2 cents.

Note: i only mean this in the sense that youd only retrieve your reactor or catalyst. forma is abundant enough, im pretty sure you can just go farm that again.

Edited by Satwo

i believe it would be fair to say that this idea on its own is awesome, but there would need to be a bit more of a turn over, otherwise people will just pass them over and over.

most of us know how little time it actually takes to rank up a weapon. how about a purchasable blueprint for a disassemble tool? something that takes a full day to craft, but itd be in the shop. id think itd be fair to say at least 50,000 to 100,000 for that kind of blueprint.

thats my 2 cents.

Note: i only mean this in the sense that youd only retrieve your reactor or catalyst. forma is abundant enough, im pretty sure you can just go farm that again.

This idea would be good because then we might actually have something to spend credits on. After I get 10 million of course. I would hate to get a credit dump before I amassed my target number.

Been suggested many times before, and the devs have stated every time that they are not looking into this. However, by leaving things the way they are, eventually 100% F2P players will get screwed over, because they will either hang on to their precious supercharged gear and never get enough mastery for the high level dojo items, or vice-versa.

Edited by modded

Been suggested many times before, and the devs have stated every time that they are not looking into this. However, this will eventually screw over 100% F2P players, because they will either hang on to their precious supercharged gear and never get enough mastery for the high level dojo items, or vice-versa.

I don't see how. If they are filling all their slots with supercharged weapons/warframes and not getting anything else, that is entirely their own fault. Most people usually only heavily invest in 1 Warframe and 2-3 weapons at a time anyway.

If anything, this helps F2P players significantly, considering they are the ones who suffer the most from limited slot availability.

I don't see how. If they are filling all their slots with supercharged weapons/warframes and not getting anything else, that is entirely their own fault. Most people usually only heavily invest in 1 Warframe and 2-3 weapons at a time anyway.

If anything, this helps F2P players significantly, considering they are the ones who suffer the most from limited slot availability.

I meant that the status quo is what is screwing over 100% F2P players, going to edit my post now for clarity.