Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested maps need ceiling crawlers.

Enfo

All Infested enemies are already easy to deal with, fire all weapons/slash like normal and its like a cake walk in the park. They just need a little more annoyance factor like stagger making you think more before engaging like the other factions. :3

The current mad jogger design based on staggerlock isn't player-friendly. You can deal with them in two ways.

1. shoot fast, shoot faster (sounds naughty).

2.slash fast, slash faster.

Both of which is repetitive. Fast kamikaze ceiling crawler will just add one more dimension for the jogger to run without really adding a 'Fear' factor to the game.

thats why the infested should be more faster and aggressive, and the all current infested except ancients are easy just shoot fast/slash faster to deal with them dont you think? :3

And a running ancients like the big disruptor at you and you didnt noticed it, how much more if its ceiling infested surprisingly chasing/attacking you xD, that doesnt make you scared a bit?

and itll make warframes like ember shine against those annoying infested, like volt being useful on corpus and grineer areas :3

It's a good idea, missions with infested are quite easy; it all comes to slam you down, and gass you. I think infested should be terrifying, fleshy-like, space-parasite creatures violating hosts(they don't look scary right now). Their sudden appear should make You do random stuff in panic, forcing you to look around surrounding carefully (now you can go through them like train). Wall-crawlers is a good idea, and why not something like facehugger or headcrab in the future.

Agree! xD

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Now I know what we need... or the infested needs.

Something what slowers your movement speed.

Yeah?

Stagger and knockdown are both a bit annoying, but if only slowed you could still fight, but not run. And then they swarm you. YES!

So people think ceiling crawlers would slow the game... Well that's exactly what I would like. I'd like everybody to actually play the game, search rooms, eliminate mobs and overall get in the military feeling of the game, not just rush like crazy, melee anything as fast as possible and go to the exit.

That just makes it boring and average. I'd also want the game to be a lot harder, not in the sense that you make enemies HP x 10, just more of them and more dangerous.

I love infected missions with that dark light and stuff, more scary things lurking around those levels would be great.

So people think ceiling crawlers would slow the game... Well that's exactly what I would like. I'd like everybody to actually play the game, search rooms, eliminate mobs and overall get in the military feeling of the game, not just rush like crazy, melee anything as fast as possible and go to the exit.

That just makes it boring and average. I'd also want the game to be a lot harder, not in the sense that you make enemies HP x 10, just more of them and more dangerous.

I love infected missions with that dark light and stuff, more scary things lurking around those levels would be great.

+1

wouldnt mind having evil falling from the ceiling and infested bustin out of walls... after all it seems like they are going for that fear factor anyway

I'm thinking about morphers. Infest with ability to morph into other objects or species.

You open a locker only to find that it isn't a locker but an infest with sharp teeth (remind me of the first Alien when the xenomorph managed to hide within the escape pod with Ripley). Or morph into one of the player - suddenly you have an extra member for your picnic party within the elevator.

Sounds fun.

http://en.wikipedia....eons_&_Dragons)

Mimic says hello.

Also, lol @ this thread. It's like, "Let's take stuff from RE and L4D and put it in WF, this will make the game much more engaging and not derivative at all."

Now I know what we need... or the infested needs.

Something what slowers your movement speed.

Yeah?

Stagger and knockdown are both a bit annoying, but if only slowed you could still fight, but not run. And then they swarm you. YES!

And then Excalibur presses "4" - or better yet, "1" and doesn't even care.

Yay.

In all seriousness, yes the infected/infested need a redo, but ripping off other games is not a solid foundation.

Edited by Volume

http://en.wikipedia....eons_&_Dragons)

Mimic says hello.

Also, lol @ this thread. It's like, "Let's take stuff from RE and L4D and put it in WF, this will make the game much more engaging and not derivative at all."

Yay.

In all seriousness, yes the infected/infested need a redo, but ripping off other games is not a solid foundation.

No. Noone's talking about those two absolutely not scary games/series. Please keep it on-topic, atleast if you're gonna complain. And seriously. Scary stuff existed before those games, especially ceiling crawlers. You must be living under a rock since you make such a statement.

Edited by Enfo

Yay.

But it made you use some energy. If you even did have any energy at that point.

And we don't necessary "rip" anything from other games. We're just using other games as examples, they don't have to be exactly alike.

• 2 weeks later...