Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Powers Not Working When Near Frost's Snowglobe

Noteybook

So, as of claiming my Frost Prime today and playing around with some friends, I've noticed that when I have a Snowglobe up, a Vauban cannot use Vortex or Bastille nearby-it takes his energy away, but doesn't actually use the power. It occurs nearby(within a short ~10m radius) and it occurs within the actual Snowglobe. It's like the powers are being treated as bullets hitting the Snowglobe and not occurring at all.

I'm not quite sure if this was a bug or not, so I decided to put it here. It does hamper my fun with Vauban-buddies, since they are effectively neutered around me when I play as Frost. I hope this gets some attention, and gets a little reworking though!

I experienced this a lot, too. My friend often plays his Frost while I am on my Vauban for Corpus defense missions, but I can't use any of my skills near the crypod when he uses Snow Globe because it just seems to cancel out any of Vauban's grenades, not just Vortex and Bastille. Very rarely do they actually work.

I did end up testing this a bit more in-game, and it's basically just Vauban's powers don't occur within a 15m Radius of Snowglobe. I'm not sure though it's that's a collision thing(since bullets don't go through Frost's Snowglobe, maybe Vauban's powers are acting the same way) or just some derpy bug.

If you throw Vaubans "grenade" to snow globe from outside, its treated like bullet and stopped. You can throw em from inside like shooting. Just yesterday I threw grenades around cryopod inside snow globe without problems.

If you throw Vaubans "grenade" to snow globe from outside, its treated like bullet and stopped. You can throw em from inside like shooting. Just yesterday I threw grenades around cryopod inside snow globe without problems.

Yeah, use the grenades from the inside. If you throw them outside the globe just make sure not to hit the sphere, and they will work properly.

I was the Vauban on the end of Notey's no-fun-zone Frost. I got the inside/outside thing right off the bat so I moved away and still had my powers do nothing. Vortex popped several feet away from the bubble didn't suck anyone in, etc. Kinda sucks since the two of us are always playing together. Hope this is a bug and not a design decision.