The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] "Pain is a delight" Clamor, the mad torturer (Added Concept Gif, Version 2.1)

Tenedranox

"Pain is a delight"

Clamor, Warframe Concept

Pain is a delight, it shows what we truly are. I will open their eyes, to show them. -Clamor

Lotus: "Once tortured, he became the torturer himself. He is a strong fighter on the battlefield and will let his enemies suffer, but watch out for him Tenno, intemperance is his manner, agony his tool."

Spoiler

"Cat o' nine tails" Concept Design:

Spoiler

JFZEZc2.gif

Overall concept (WIP):

Spoiler

Version 3.0:

dpY8jCG.gif

Version 2.0:

pr0gimW.png

Version 1.0:

FYqGXyJ.png

In collaboration with @(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

(Helmet and feet are suspect of change)

Possible Helmet Design:

Spoiler

tglk8Oy.png

Abilities:

Spoiler

How to boost:

1. affected by Power Strength
  2. affected by Power Range
  3. affected by Power Duration

Base Stats

Spoiler
  • Health: 175 - 425
  • Shields: 100 - 300
  • Armor: 50
  • Power: 150 - 225
  • Sprint Speed: 1.1

Passive: Grievous Treatment

Spoiler

Clamor feels satisfaction when hurting enemies. Whenever he deals more than 10% of enemies maximum health as damage, the damaged enemy will become inflicted with pain* for 0.3 second per 10% damage dealt. Furthermore the damaged spot will become a sore zone** which lasts for 30 seconds. Area of effect damage and damage over time effects will not create multiple zones.

*pain: status effect, affected enemies will writhe in agony at the ground, if the duration is smaller than 2 sec it will be a stagger instead of a knockdown

**sore zone: enemies can be inflicted with max. 3 zones, damaging a zone will deal 10% bonus damage, 100% if the sore zone is the head, visual similar to banshee's sonar (inner dot: energy color, outer ring: negative of energy color)

Sadism

Spoiler

Clamor whips enemies in front of him with his cat o' nine tails, knocking them back and afflicting them with pain. He feasts on their suffering. (Cost: 35)

• Deals 100-300 slash damage in a 120 degree 7 meter wide cone
  • Recasting Sadism within 1 second will lead into a combo chain
  • Cant gain energy while in combo chain
  • Deals 25% bonus damage for each consecutive cast, five times stackable
  • Enemies killed by Sadism have a high chance of dropping health orbs, 40%
  • Inflicts pain for 5 seconds, down to 0.2 seconds if Exorbitance is active

Exorbitance

Spoiler

Clamor reminds himself to the suffering he underwent therefore he loses his mind and goes berserk. But the exertion will exhaust him. (Cost: infinite)

• 100% energy efficiency while active
  • Duration depends on used energy, 1 second for every 20 energy (base duration cant exceed 11.25 seconds)
  • Drains 7/6/5/4% health per second for 3 seconds, after a ability has been used
  • 50% reduced overall damage, +100% cast speed
  • Replenishs energy when the duration ends equal to (killed enemies through abilities) * 30 / (used abilities)
  • Cant gain energy while active
  • Exhausted for a quarter of the duration (less if canceled earlier), unable to perform different actions then moving, moves slower while exhausted, decaying over the exhaust duration (0-100% movability)

Pain and Gain

Spoiler

Clamor wants to hurt everything in his sight and gets even more excited if he did so. (Cost: 50)

• Aura range of 15m
  • Base duration 15 second
  • Clamor gains life regeneration for every possible sore zone which isnt applied yet on enemies in aura range, 2% of max. health per possible sore zone each second
  • Half of life reg. is shared with allies in range
  • Furthermore he gains increased overall damage for every sore zone in aura range, 4% per sore zone
  • Enemies afflicted with 3 sore zones in range will suffer under pain for 10 seconds and receive a DoT equal to the combined damage of attacks that caused the zones over 10 seconds

Painless Prison

Spoiler

Out of his memories Clamor creates the chamber in which he was tortured, imprisoning all enemies in range with several walls. (Cost: 100)

• Base duration of 20 seconds
  • Radius of 15m, (7.5 + 7.5 * (power range))
  • Allies can walk through the walls
  • Number of walls is equal to (power range) * 8 / 100
  • Walls can be destroyed by enemies, destroyed walls will explode applying pain to enemies within 5 meters for 3 seconds
  • Everything in the area is invincible (except objectives)
  • Enemies will drop to 1 health if killed and will be inflicted with pain until the ability ends
  • Damage dealt to Clamor and allies while in the area will be stored individually for each, visible in the upper right corner of the HUD
  • At the end of the duration the stored damage will be dealt to Clamor and his allies, also if the area is left or the ability gets canceled
  • Healing reduces the stored damage
  • The ability ends earlier if all enemies within range dropped to 1 health
  • If done so the stored damage wont apply and all affected enemies will be afflicted with 3 sore zones and die after 5 seconds, cant die earlier, unless the ability is canceled
  • Enemies within 10m of "1hp-pain-inflicted-basically-already-dead"-enemies will get feared for the remaining lifespan of the particular enemy
  • Exorbitance will be canceled if Painless Prison is ended in anyway, however the movement incapability lasts only 1 second

Lore

Spoiler

In Short: Clamor got kidnapped by a Orokin who was a prison warden, this warden tortured him for years, until Clamor was able to break free.

In Depth: The warden was one of the orokin scientists, who served on titan before. He brought one of the void childs with him into the prison, for personal gain and tests. This child was Clamor. The wardens plan on taking Clamor with him, had him deleting all known data about Clamor in the orokin database, so he can have one of the tenno truly for himself. Therefore Margulis couldnt find anything about one of her missing childs. Completely alone and forgotten, even during the rebellion and the time when the tenno have been hidden on the moon, Clamor was damned for eternity to be tortured by the warden. Years passed and Clamors mind eroded away, for the torture was too much for his mind to bear. After the warden took his final toll on Clamors breaking body, the tortured young man subsided his sanity and gave into the pain that he tried to fight for so long, giving him the power of desperation to break free in a fit of rage, clearing his way out of the prison and leaving a trial of destruction and tortured corpses. The warden ordered his drones to follow the blood prints in the snow. Although they found him, his body had already collapsed under the deep wounds the warden's torture had left. All that was left of Clamor was his broken body and the expression of madness on his face.

The idea of an orokin moon prison was contributed by@(XB1)KNIGHTX605

Afterword

Spoiler

Greetings fellow tenno,

im proud of u, that u made it until here, i hope u enjoyed the....painful literature i wrote down there...haha.......

So, i was thinking about mechanically interesting abilities and i came up with the idea of Exorbitance. Smth completely different, at least i hope that u noticed and valued this as unique. Whatever, after having such an idea i created his remaining kit around this ability. After some thoughts the idea of an pain inflicting psychopath grew more and more and this is in which it culminated. Also he would be the first frame which applies debuffs on himself. I hope i created mechanically smth unique and new in many aspects, or at least gifted u the joy of thinking about it.

All i wrote down there isnt carved in stone and i would enjoy any feedback by ur side.

Thanks a lot for passing by.

Edited by Dragonblack175
Added version 2.1

52 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

it`s a great concept, but I think u need to reduce the ways which can inflict pain, it`s gonna be broken as hell to have everyone lying on the ground crying and licking their wounds

other than that, GJ

Thx a lot

Well, its not much stronger than any other cc ability that is in game atm, but passive-wise ure absolutely right, i reduced the pain duration on the passive and made it a stagger.

15 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Thx a lot

Well, its not much stronger than any other cc ability that is in game atm, but passive-wise ure absolutely right, i reduced the pain duration on the passive and made it a stagger.

that sounds more balanced ;)

but I don`t really get the knock down part, I thought it was a special animation of squirming on the ground or smth, can u explain further please?

CC is the main reason enemies get the cheese they have, I really wish coming frames avoid broken CC not keep it with the justification of it already exists 

Edited by Bizzaro21

12 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

that sounds more balanced ;)

but I don`t really get the knock down part, I thought it was a special animation of squirming on the ground or smth, can u explain further please?

CC is the main reason enemies get the cheese they have, I really wish coming frames avoid broken CC not keep it with the justification of it already exists 

Well i only wanted to state that enemies have to stand up after the pain effect and also arent in line of fire if laying on the ground.

True, but i can only balance around things we know ^^ and atm its one of the best things (besides percentage finisher damage against grineer, which also would be claimed as broken) to let a frame scale, kinda, also i think its aint that strong because of relatively high costs and low range compared to other cc abilities.

38 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Well i only wanted to state that enemies have to stand up after the pain effect and also arent in line of fire if laying on the ground.

True, but i can only balance around things we know ^^ and atm its one of the best things (besides percentage finisher damage against grineer, which also would be claimed as broken) to let a frame scale, kinda, also i think its aint that strong because of relatively high costs and low range compared to other cc abilities.

ah ok

well it kinda is broken if passie alone lets it happen when u do damage, unless it is power damage, but if weapon damage counts too then it`s OP af ^^

43 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

ah ok

well it kinda is broken if passie alone lets it happen when u do damage, unless it is power damage, but if weapon damage counts too then it`s OP af ^^

Well calculate it, when u deal 2/3 of enemies max health, they will be knock downed for 2 secs, otherwise its a stagger, which can also be called damage feedback.

17 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Well calculate it, when u deal 2/3 of enemies max health, they will be knock downed for 2 secs, otherwise its a stagger, which can also be called damage feedback.

u can stagger lock people then lol, 10% is nothing, and it`ll pointless on enemies who cant be CC`ed like bursas

now for an idea I had, when an enemy is affected by any power, he gets the pain proc and lays on the ground in pain for 2 secs as u say

33 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

u can stagger lock people then lol, 10% is nothing, and it`ll pointless on enemies who cant be CC`ed like bursas

now for an idea I had, when an enemy is affected by any power, he gets the pain proc and lays on the ground in pain for 2 secs as u say

Well, in most mission types the point when this passive become useful is quite late, because most of the time they are one shot, on the other hand weapons that deal constant aoe damage do not deal enough damage to even trigger the stagger at all. On the other hand weapons that deal enough damage are single target in most cases. His whole kit resolves around "end" game. Furthermore stagger lock is already possible with some weapons by their own.

Kinda pointless, because the only ability that deals damage is his first and that ability already applies pain.

Edited by Dragonblack175

19 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Well, in most mission types the point when this passive become useful is quite late, because most of the time they are one shot, on the other hand weapons that deal constant aoe damage do not deal enough damage to even trigger the stagger at all. His whole kit resolves around "end" game. Furthermore stagger lock is already possible with some weapons by their own.

Kinda pointless, because the only ability that deals damage is his first and that ability already applies pain.

fair enough

I said affected, not damaged :P

2 hours ago, Bizzaro21 said:

fair enough

I said affected, not damaged :P

First affects enemies, 2nd and 3th are just self buffs that dont directly affect enemies, instead they are self buffs and his last applies pain in the end anyway, apllying it earlier would mess up the mechanic of the ability a bit tho...

9 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

First affects enemies, 2nd and 3th are just self buffs that dont directly affect enemies, instead they are self buffs and his last applies pain in the end anyway, apllying it earlier would mess up the mechanic of the ability a bit tho...

hmmmmm I might need to read abilities again then xD

6 hours ago, Dragonblack175 said:

"Pain is a delight"

Clamor, Warframe Concept

Pain is a delight, it shows what we truly are. I will open their eyes, to show them. -Clamor

Lotus: "Once tortured, he became the torturer himself. He is a strong fighter on the battlefield and will let his enemies suffer, but watch out for him Tenno, intemperance is his manner, agony his tool."

Reveal hidden contents

Base Stats

Reveal hidden contents
  • Health: 250 - 450
  • Shields: 100 - 300
  • Armor: 50
  • Power: 150 - 225
  • Sprint Speed: 1.1

Passive: Grievous Treatment

Reveal hidden contents

Clamor feels satisfaction when hurting enemies. Whenever he deals more than 10% of enemies maximum health as damage, the damaged enemy will become inflicted with pain* for 0.3 second per 10% damage dealt. Furthermore the damaged spot will become a sore zone** which lasts for 30 seconds.

*pain: status effect, affected enemies will writhe in agony at the ground, if the duration is smaller than 2 sec it will be a stagger instead of a knockdown

**sore zone: enemies can be inflicted with max. 3 zones, damaging a zone will deal 10% bonus damage, 100% if the sore zone is the head, visual similar to banshee's sonar (inner dot: energy color, outer ring: negative of energy color)

Sadism

Reveal hidden contents

Clamor whips enemies in front of him with his cat o' nine tails, knocking them back and afflicting them with pain. He feasts on their suffering. (Cost: 35)

• Deals 100-300 slash damage in a 120 degree 7 meter wide cone
  • Recasting Sadism within 1 second will lead into a combo chain
  • Cant gain energy while in combo chain
  • Deals 25% bonus damage for each consecutive cast, five times stackable
  • Heals Clamor for 20% of damage dealt
  • Inflicts pain for 5 seconds, down to 0.2 seconds if Exorbitance is active

Exorbitance

Reveal hidden contents

Clamor reminds himself to the suffering he underwent therefore he loses his mind and goes berserk. But the exertion will exhaust him. (Cost: infinite)

• 100% energy efficiency while active
  • Duration depends on used energy, 1 second for every 20 energy (base duration cant exceed 11.25 seconds)
  • 50% reduced overall damage, doubled cast speed
  • Replenishs energy when the duration ends equal to (killed enemies through abilities) * 30 / (used abilities)
  • Cant gain energy while active
  • Exhausted for a quarter of the duration (less if canceled earlier), unable to perform different actions then moving, moves slower while exhausted, decaying over the exhaust duration (0-100% movability)

Pain and Gain

Reveal hidden contents

Clamor wants to hurt everything in his sight and gets even more excited if he did so. (Cost: 50)

• Aura range of 15m
  • Base duration 15 second
  • Clamor gains life regeneration for every possible sore zone which isnt applied yet on enemies in aura range, 2% of max. health per possible sore zone each second
  • Life reg. is shared with allies in range
  • Furthermore he gains increased overall damage for every sore zone in aura range, 5% per sore zone
  • Enemies afflicted with 3 sore zones in range will suffer under pain for 10 seconds and receive a DoT equal to the combined damage of attacks that caused the zones over 10 seconds

Painless Prison

Reveal hidden contents

Out of his memories Clamor creates the chamber in which he was tortured, imprisoning all enemies in range with several walls. Then the suffering starts. (Cost: 100)

• Base duration of 20 seconds
  • Radius of 15m, (7.5 + 7.5 * (power range))
  • Allies can walk through the walls
  • Number of walls is equal to (power range) * 8 / 100
  • Walls can be destroy by enemies, destroyed walls will explode applying pain to enemies within 5 meters for 3 seconds
  • Everything in the area is invincible (except objectives)
  • Enemies will drop to 1 health if killed and will be inflicted with pain until the ability ends
  • Damage dealt to Clamor and allies while in the area will be stored individually for each, visible in the upper right corner of the HUD
  • At the end of the duration the stored damage will be dealt to Clamor and his allies, also if the area is left or the ability gets canceled
  • Healing reduces the stored damage
  • The ability ends earlier if all enemies within range dropped to 1 health
  • If done so the stored damage wont apply and all affected enemies will be afflicted with 3 sore zones and die after 5 seconds, cant die earlier, unless the ability is canceled
  • Enemies within 10m of "1hp-pain-inflicted-basically-already-dead"-enemies will get feared for the remaining lifespan of the particular enemy
  • Exorbitance will also be canceled if Painless Prison is ended in anyway, however the movement incapability last only 1 second

Afterword

Reveal hidden contents

Greetings fellow tenno,

im proud of u, that u made it until here, i hope u enjoyed the....painful literature i wrote down there...haha.......

So, i was thinking about mechanically interesting abilities and i came up with the idea of Exorbitance. Smth completely different, at least i hope that u noticed and valued this as unique. Whatever, after having such an idea i created his remaining kit around this ability. After some thoughts the idea of an pain inflicting psychopath grew more and more and this is in which it culminated. Also he would be the first frame which applies debuffs on himself. I hope i created mechanically unique and new in many aspects, or at least gifted u the joy of thinking about it.

All i wrote down there isnt carved in stone and i would enjoy any feedback by ur side.

Thanks a lot for passing by.

I think the torture concept is net. But how would you find him or go against him? Who does he work with? Well, if you want to we can work together I have a location were he was tortured and why.

Just now, Dragonblack175 said:

point for me! i made it so nice and complicated that no one...understands it....fck seems like a minus point for me :/ XD

well tbh I dont quite understand second, if u can give an example of someone using it it`d be nice, and please no math im not so good at it :P

1 minute ago, (XB1)KNIGHTX605 said:

I think the torture concept is net. But how would you find him or go against him? Who does he work with? Well, if you want to we can work together I have a location were he was tortured and why.

Oh mean lore-wise? well i didnt made much thoughts about it yet, only had a character in mind. But well ye why not, but let us dicuss this with pms, dont wanna spam this topic too much

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

well tbh I dont quite understand second, if u can give an example of someone using it it`d be nice, and please no math im not so good at it :P

Hmm how the **** can i make my thoughts more clearly...?!? I understand ur problem, i showed a friend this topic and he was....lets say at least confused...

So ill try: So u use ur second, then u can go rampage with ur first, spam the sht out of enemies applying pain and so on, because u deal less damage but attack faster, which leads basically into the same dps, but because u attack more often for the same overall damage, u apply more sore zones and can stack up ur first faster. u are also able to activate ur third while doing so to dynamically increase ur damage output furthermore the longer u fight (because u apply more sore zones). Made this it more clearly?

32 minutes ago, Dragonblack175 said:

Hmm how the **** can i make my thoughts more clearly...?!? I understand ur problem, i showed a friend this topic and he was....lets say at least confused...

So ill try: So u use ur second, then u can go rampage with ur first, spam the sht out of enemies applying pain and so on, because u deal less damage but attack faster, which leads basically into the same dps, but because u attack more often for the same overall damage, u apply more sore zones and can stack up ur first faster. u are also able to activate ur third while doing so to dynamically increase ur damage output furthermore the longer u fight (because u apply more sore zones). Made this it more clearly?

yea, so basically it just makes u spam weaker attacks for proc`s sake, right? if so then it sounds cool, Im a spam fan anyway :P

10 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

Morbidly fascinating, definitely takes on a darker twist to the Warframes. Novel concept, good ideas all round, though I can't help wondering if his sole purpose is damage output.

Thanks a lot ^^

Mainly damage dealing but with a tendency to support cause of heal and temporal immortality.