Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OP one shot weapons

(XBOX)XShadowDragon94

The only one shot weapons in the conclave are Opticor, with a full charge, and Bows/Snipers with headshot multipliers (exception of daikyu mod for 15m+ away targets to usually be killed in one hit). Those demand high-level handling to use to one shot; however the existence of a one shot weapon in a competitive mode is not healthy for a player base. It will always be attempted by many players to use it making it feel like the only go-to weapon or "meta". The weapons themselves are not bad nor should players be ashamed for using them; they're NOT weapons for everyone to use easily. I'm not saying nerf them but to instead bring in weapons to compete against those players who are decent with a bow or sniper. Also, the skill gap for its effective use in combat for it is justified.

I think there are only two weapons that can one shot (excluding head shots), the Opticor and the Daikyu. Opticor has a long charge time that is immediately released at full charge. Daikyu has a long charge time (slightly shorter than Opticor), travel time, and only one shots a long range, sometimes it doesn't even one shot a long range.

Is Opticor worthy of removal or nerf. No but maybe a nerf to the partial charge which in my opinion does too much damage.

Is Daikyu worth of removal or nerf. Hell no, if anything I think it needs a buff to either the damage or the weapon specific mod.

The Daikyu, with the mod, does enough damage to all warframes that don't have extra defense mods on to kill effectively with one shot. Now to buff its damage to a point where defensively modded warframes are still killed with one shot would make defensive builds irrelevant to use. Yes, the skill that would take to land the far away shot on the target is difficult but to take an already great bow and make it an end all weapon would be ridiculous in a matter of gameplay. If the Daikyu was to receive a buff of any sorts it would be its hip-fire accuracy. 

10 hours ago, (XB1)XShadowDragon94 said:

how does everyone feel about removing weapons that are able to Oneshot from conclave? One shot weapons are boring in my opinion. What do you think?

Lol. Aren't you a one shot weapon user in conclave. You use them yourself. Interesting you would want them out of conclave. 

I agree with Punisher. Remember, this game is so great because of the diversity in weapons and play style. 

To handle daiyku users realize there is a half second delay between release and contact. Do a hasty roll and usually it misses then fight back. If u gain superior position of a daikyu user they will be cake in a hand basket. 

Opticore gives away the users position. Dodge the shot then light them up. 

Thunder miter is a one hit headshot weapon. Dodge the shot then light them up. Listen for the charge up of the disk. Very easy to hear. 

Punisher uses the Daikyu and he is good at it but not everyone can use that weapon. I cant. I use one of the hardest to use weapons in the game. To have a chance with anyone in conclave i need speed and position. With a daiyku user its even more so. 

Most of us that have commented on this play at a very competitive level. Ive faced you Shadow. You are no pushover and i enjoy the challenge. Ive faced lorewalker and punisher and each of us have a different play style. Use your playstyle and what u know about those weapons to your advantage. 

I think just cause a group of people may find a particular play style boring should not mean a complete removal of such a concept.

The same could be said about non lethal weapons in a similar manner and still be unreasonable. 

I and shadow both use the one shot weapons, daikyu and Miter. After using these weapons I agree, once you've used them for awhile and adjust your sensitivity a bit, they become fairly easy to use and the most powerful weapons in conclave.  Only real way to stop them is using the same weapon. This makes it where if everyone where to get good with the one shot weapons a very boring match with nothing but one shot weapons. I would like to see matches with all different kinds of weapons that stand a chance against each other. I use the daikyu and never aim for a headshot and as long as I'm 15m away, its a one shot anywhere on the body. Even if its not one shot you just follow up with an auto target ability from frames like ash or nova and its a done deal. In my opinon one shots should be removed. Yeah it is a little difficult because you have to hold the charge while you jump, but think about it. The person that uses the latron, or Sybaris they actually have to have the aim on you for several shots to kill you, with the daikyu,miter opticor, you just have to have it on them for that 1 shot to hit. I think it would make the game a lot more interesting if you eliminated all one shots and made us have to fight more. But in that case you would have to decrease the damage of blast weapons because right now the only real defense against a constant jumping frame with a penta is a one shot weapon,, so eliminating the one shots would mean a review of blast radius damage weapons as well.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)LastxMOHICANx said:

I and shadow both use the one shot weapons, daikyu and Miter. After using these weapons I agree, once you've used them for awhile and adjust your sensitivity a bit, they become fairly easy to use and the most powerful weapons in conclave.  Only real way to stop them is using the same weapon. This makes it where if everyone where to get good with the one shot weapons a very boring match with nothing but one shot weapons. I would like to see matches with all different kinds of weapons that stand a chance against each other. I use the daikyu and never aim for a headshot and as long as I'm 15m away, its a one shot anywhere on the body. Even if its not one shot you just follow up with an auto target ability from frames like ash or nova and its a done deal. In my opinon one shots should be removed. Yeah it is a little difficult because you have to hold the charge while you jump, but think about it. The person that uses the latron, or Sybaris they actually have to have the aim on you for several shots to kill you, with the daikyu,miter opticor, you just have to have it on them for that 1 shot to hit. I think it would make the game a lot more interesting if you eliminated all one shots and made us have to fight more. But in that case you would have to decrease the damage of blast weapons because right now the only real defense against a constant jumping frame with a penta is a one shot weapon,, so eliminating the one shots would mean a review of blast radius damage weapons as well.

not bad Mohican. I can agree. I play for fun, but people that play for skill and attention (CFE) can get a little overboard. It ruins matches if you're just having fun.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Lol. Aren't you a one shot weapon user in conclave. You use them yourself. Interesting you would want them out of conclave. 

I said they were boring smart one. I wouldn't care if they were taken out. I personally find them boring. I only use them because they are the only weapons I can use against others using the same weapon. I try to get good at it for that reason but I can never get attached to it. I wish for nothing but removal of all one-shot weapons.

Edited by (XB1)XShadowDragon94

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:55 AM, (XB1)CFE PUNiSHER said:

The Daikyu is a 2 shot body and 1 shot head because its takes you 5 seconds to charge for each shot at that i can be killed by a op latron braton are burston prime so this is irrelevant conversation to have

m from the US and I believe in freedom of speech just like you CFE so as well with your "Social Justice"

7 hours ago, (XB1)XShadowDragon94 said:

m from the US and I believe in freedom of speech just like you CFE so as well with your "Social Justice"

Really i just started using the daikyu for the no hud challenge which makes its harder cause you have no crosshairs try taking off your hud 

8 hours ago, (XB1)LastxMOHICANx said:

So the latron.braton. and burston is not op weapons what abouy karak i see noobs go in with the braton and lato mk 1 furis and mk 1 paris and just dominated with no mods. Even the lex prime is a op weapon

10 hours ago, (XB1)XShadowDragon94 said:

I said they were boring smart one. I wouldn't care if they were taken out. I personally find them boring. I only use them because they are the only weapons I can use against others using the same weapon. I try to get good at it for that reason but I can never get attached to it. I wish for nothing but removal of all one-shot weapons.

If they're so boring to you than stop using it lol. Easy problem fixed. But you clearly care about your conclave stats a lot so to keep up with everyone else you decided to pick up one shot weapons to and here you are posturing like you just care about having fun while other clans are overboard lolol. You don't play for skill? Really? Who doesn't play for skill? Who plays to be bad? Lolol. Yet your here saying other clans who play for skill and attention. You don't play for attention? So you don't care if the attention you get is bad and everyone says you're bad in conclave? Obviously you play so that people will say good things about you. Once again who plays conclave to be bad? 

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

10 hours ago, (XB1)LastxMOHICANx said:

I think weapons like the Daikyu and Miter are going to do better against other weapons in a 1v1 type situation because it's just harder to compete against a good player with a one shot weapon. However in a FFA or TA that's not always the case. Simply by having a lot of players in the game a player can still effectively get a lot of kills by not playing directly into the one shotter. And honestly I don't know about you but how many 1v1s do you really play? Mostly it's just FFA anyways. I think the one shotters add a certain dynamic to conclave. And I'm saying this as a player who does not use a one shot weapon. I use the Sybaris. So I don't have an agenda to defend one shot weapons cause I don't use them. But they offer a certain kind of challenge that otherwise might not be there. And I don't have a problem with the players who do use them. If you're good with the one shot weapons, more power to you.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

GBv 21 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

If they're so boring to you than stop using it lol. Easy problem fixed. But you clearly care about your conclave stats a lot so to keep up with everyone else you decided to pick up one shot weapons to and here you are posturing like you just care about having fun while other clans are overboard lolol. You don't play for skill? Really? Who doesn't play for skill? Who plays to be bad? Lolol. Yet your here saying other clans who play for skill and attention. You don't play for attention? So you don't care if the attention you get is bad and everyone says you're bad in conclave? Obviously you play so that people will say good things about you. Once again who plays conclave to be bad? 

what I am saying is that I don't worry about it so much. I just want to have fun. I am a little competitive, but conclave is not very important to me. My main goal is to have fun, my second goal is to have fun. Overall I am playing for fun. Even if I lose its ok as long as I enjoyed it. A few people say I suck. Do I give sh? No I do not. Your opinion as well as others do not define me. I do not practice 24/7 and I even go easy on lower lever opponents to help them get uses to the game sometimes. It's not the end of the world if I lose and getting clipped after I have a bad game does not bother me as much as it might bother you son.

22 hours ago, (XB1)CFE PUNiSHER said:

So the latron.braton. and burston is not op weapons what abouy karak i see noobs go in with the braton and lato mk 1 furis and mk 1 paris and just dominated with no mods. Even the lex prime is a op weapon

youre not getting the point. One-shot means one-shot. Those weapons are not that OP anyways.

Anyways people all negativity aside thanks for your opinions. You all had some agreeable and some that are not so agreeable. Either way DE will not change a thing in sure so like it or not I guess conclave will be like this for us all. I'll have to practice the OP one-shot weapons. Wish me luck on my frustrating journey.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)XShadowDragon94 said:

Anyways people all negativity aside thanks for your opinions. You all had some agreeable and some that are not so agreeable. Either way DE will not change a thing in sure so like it or not I guess conclave will be like this for us all. I'll have to practice the OP one-shot weapons. Wish me luck on my frustrating journey.

Good luck i think your pretty good with it ??

3 hours ago, (XB1)XShadowDragon94 said:

what I am saying is that I don't worry about it so much. I just want to have fun. I am a little competitive, but conclave is not very important to me. My main goal is to have fun, my second goal is to have fun. Overall I am playing for fun. Even if I lose its ok as long as I enjoyed it. A few people say I suck. Do I give sh? No I do not. Your opinion as well as others do not define me. I do not practice 24/7 and I even go easy on lower lever opponents to help them get uses to the game sometimes. It's not the end of the world if I lose and getting clipped after I have a bad game does not bother me as much as it might bother you son.

No one is your son, son lol.