The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After 60 Hours, The Music Is Still Awesome

Majicebe

Whoever had the idea for the drums deserves a medal. I figured I'd get bored or even annoyed by it after playing for awhile, but hell no; every time I hear it I still get all pumped up to blast some baddies. Good choice, guys.

Edited by Majicebe

Whoever had the idea for the drums deserves a medal. I figured I'd get bored or even annoyed by it after playing for awhile, but hell no; every time I hear it I still get all pumped up to blast some baddies. Good choice, guys.

Love those drums

Could use some new ones though. More variety is great

I just didn't like it. At least half of the time it sounds like the music played at a sacrifice ritual of some native tribe form latin America or Africa. I liked the drums, the humming/mumbling is just off. Along with other noises I can't recall since I turned the music off by the 8 hour of playing.

I'm at 300 hours. Those drums got real old. 

Yeah, they were awesome at first. But I would certainly like more music variety. I now play while listening to youtube sci-fi/japanese background music to set the right tone. I shouldn't have to look elsewhere for some basic variety.

BUT, I'd like to think that DE is aware of this. I'm sure they recognize the need.

I'm not the kind of person who enjoys hearing the same thing over and over again. I had this problem with the Elder Scrolls games: the tracks are great the first 10 hours or so, but even a fantastic score gets stale when its used so much and quite often due to coming in and out of combat frequently it will run too long/too short/mix up badly with the action and it's quite irritating.

The drums are very good, a few are rather bland but others have very unique ones and sets it apart from the rest of the genre and its love of wardrums. Its a shame the tracks are rather sparse at times when they need to be a bit more full.

Thanks DE, but unless the tracks match up better in the future I'm going to stick to my own library. Release the OST and we'll talk with wallets.

I counted, and there is about 7 soundtracks. Definitely could use some more. Alot of games (Say, Halo 4) have an individual soundtrack for every level, and even multiple for a single section. It'd be nice to have more variety in the music I beat the crap out of angry old bodybuilders with.

I'm all for DE throwing in some electronic elements to the music, just as long as they keep the taiko drums!

This. I think everyone agrees the drums are amazing and define the game. Still in beta, 'course, I'm 100% on the idea that they just haven't gotten round to it.