Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Range On Polearm: Orthos

Lolander3

I say the orthos is Fine DPS and speed wise.  its not faster than fang and dual zoren so its not a huge deal.  my issue with it is,  it should have way better range.  The weapon ive had the most fun and experience with in real life feels like its about as long as a ruler in this game lol.  find myself missing enemies i feel like i should be hitting, and getting rifle butted at the tip of this weapons current range, which is unrealistic.  a grinnier's elbow swinging out with a rifle shouldnt reach you at the full swing of a spear or bo type weapon.

Only weapon I have range issues is Furax. Range of Orthos 2nd and 3rd attack are meant to hit enemies around rather than in front of you, and 4th has actually good range, about 1,5 meters. Slide attack also has good range. And I also can hit enemies trough walls with Orthos.

Yeah, Reach seems weird with weapons and animations in game, I.E. you have to be fairly close, but once I maxed out Reach, I keep knocking out the windows while in the middle of hallways/standing at the supports. You do want Fury and Reach on it, then it ends up fine, but melee weapons are close to the chest in general. Also, Rifle butted? That only happens when you charge..so you're having trouble with the reach on charge attacks?

See my issue is that since its a polearm the initial reach with NO mods should have been better to start.  its just bugs me cuz its my favorite style of weapon and have to move kind of unnaturally right of the bat just to make it work till i find reach and boost the crap out of it?  i figure since its space ninjas and all reach seems more like the ability to cut using the force of the swing and the air pressure so the crazy range is fine to me.  i just want a realistic base range for a weapon that should keep the enemy out of average melee range such as rifle butting, and other super close range stuff.
If i have to walk into just about trapping/ grappling range just to hit with a weapon thats as long as i am tall just because i havent found a reach mod yet it just seems weird to me lol.