Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Suggestion] Diablos, The Dark Messenger.

Luminati07

Hi everyone,

I have posted this idea before, but seeing as the 'Fan Zone' section is the new main area for Warframe and weapon suggestions, I thought I'd repost it in the correct section.

Diablos is a crowd control Warframe, mostly using gravity to his advantage.

While his name is "The Dark Messenger" don't let that throw you off, that's just a tribute to Final Fantasy VIII. I know many people are sick of 'dark' Warframes, Diablos is not one of them. (mostly)

Name: Diablos

Inspired by: Final Fantasy VIII

Skill type/role: Gravity/space skills. Diablos has a variety of skills at his disposal.

Gravity, to slow down his enemies. Space, to alter the very atmosphere around him.

He fills the support area that Trinity lacks, that of crowd control. (and Warframe has plenty of crowds)

Stats

Health: 80

Armour: 35

Shields: 75

Energy: 175 (Diablos is very reliant on his powers, meaning his base energy pool must be high.

This is balanced by his low armour, shields and health)

Speed: The same speed as Ash. Not sure of the actual value.

When Diablos levels up, his bonus to shields and HP should be less, but he should have higher gains for power max, solidifying the original idea of him being a weaker Warframe, but with higher energy and power usage.

Skill 1: Gravity Suspension.

Energy cost: 20

Diablos summons an orb of energy around the targeted enemy.

That enemy, and any nearby, will be in a sphere of altered gravity.

The enemies will still be able to move, but at 10% of their original speed, and with a reduced fire rate.

Leveling up this skill will increase duration and radius.

Skill 2: Shroud of Darkness.

Energy cost: 60

Diablos sends out a wave of dark energy, and enemies who are hit by this wave will have their faces shrouded in darkness.

Affected enemies will have severely reduced accuracy, and a false sense of cover.

They will not intelligently move from cover to cover, they might hide behind explosive barrels, or on the wrong side of a wall etc.

Infested will act differently. They will run around erratically searching for the player. Swinging at nothing in hopes of attacking you.

This is not like Nyx's Chaos, enemies do not fight each other to the death. They will have a very vague idea of where players are, they can still attack you, just not effectively.

Leveling up this skill will increase duration and radius.

Skill 3: Heavy Burden

Energy cost: 80

Diablos raises his arms into the air for a second, and then brings them down fast.

Gravity around nearby enemies will be severely altered, enemies won't even be able to hold themselves up.

As Diablos brings his arms down (fast), these enemies will crash to the floor, taking damage due to the sheer force of the impact.

They will remain grounded for several seconds, unable to act.

Leveling up this skill will increase damage, radius and duration.

Skill 4: Atmospheric Alteration:

Energy cost: 125

Diablos spends a few seconds 'charging up'.

When he is ready, he will create a large area with altered gravity. (this skill does no damage, so the AoE needs to be very large to compensate)

Any enemies who are caught in this area are severely slowed down and an extremely slow fire rate. Any enemy projectiles that enter the area will also be slowed down. Kind of like a bullet time effect, but only for enemies.

Allies will be unaffected by the slow, but will have increased speed.

If enemies walk into the area, they will also be affected.

Leveling up this skill increases duration and radius.

The effect would be something like this:

27xnl8m.jpg

Obviously less dense, more spread out, it shouldn't hinder visibilty at all.

It would be darker inside the area. (not so dark it's hard to see)

Something like the following video.

Funnily enough, the original Diablos summon from FF VIII is exactly what I had in mind.

Dark and bleak, but you are still able to see while inside.

Image.

The FF8 Diablos model looks relatively organic already, would transfer quite well over to Warframe.

The image isn't actually from FFVIII, to those who are thinking of correcting me.

(take away the wings, and the bulky horns from his helmet)

23upykk.jpg

This one is mostly just here for a different perspective of his arms.

They have a sort of...armour plating look, but not as bulky.

Almost as if they are fused with his body, this is also present on his back and legs.

Looks very cool, and would fit into Warframe nicely (I think)

Diablos8.jpg

Thanks for reading. Please post any feedback you may have, doesn't matter if it's negative, it won't offend me. All feedback is good.

Thanks, 

Nugget_

Very n1, but i would frist give it another name maybe Barrow?(Teacher of issac newton who found gravity)

abilty 2 is very creative

also abilty 3 sound extrem fun "hey you. FACEGROUND"

and ash sprintspeed is 1.4 :3

Edited by Depar

Saw the dark messenger in the title, came to pay tribute to a fellow FF fan. In the meantime realized I should be playing FFs again, not this thing xD Unless, of course, we get Diablos frame.

Great to see another FF VIII fan! :)

Very n1, but i would frist give it another name maybe Barrow?(Teacher of issac newton who found gravity)

abilty 2 is very creative

also abilty 3 sound extrem fun "hey you. FACEGROUND"

and ash sprintspeed is 1.4 :3

Barrow sounds like a decent enough name. I just went with Diablos due to my FF fanboyism, plus he's just pure badass.

Thankyou for the feedback. :)

seems like a good idea for a frame to me. would definately be interesting to slow down the enemies (outside of frost's snow globe) and be able to see them hide behind the wrong side of the wall so they think they are hiding from you and shooting at you but are actually in front of you and shooting the other way (would be hilarious to see).

loved ff8 as well.

seems like a good idea for a frame to me. would definately be interesting to slow down the enemies (outside of frost's snow globe) and be able to see them hide behind the wrong side of the wall so they think they are hiding from you and shooting at you but are actually in front of you and shooting the other way (would be hilarious to see).

loved ff8 as well.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd always steam roll Diablos with Laguna's team.

That's the only thing I don't like about Diablos, he was too easy. :(

Although, he did kick my &#! multiple times when I first played the game (primary school).

When I played through the game recently, I ran through him. Once he started sticking to Gravija, it was game over for him.

to OP!

Care to elaborate?

He only has one damaging skill, the rest are there to control crowds and help the team.

I'm curious as to how that's OP.