The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn feels weak - Thoughts?

V31L

17 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

The link you posted isn't bringing anything up.  If you want to share your build, hit the export option towards the top of the page and use the link provided.

Anyway, the most popular dump stat for Saryn is efficiency.  Spores scale incredibly well on their own since they scale up with toxin procs, and they spreads very easily, so you don't have to recast very often.  Builds like that rely on weapons a bit more then abilities since you can't just cast Molt or Miasma on a whim, but if your doing it right, you won't have to.

Here's a thread about it:

Here's the build I use, just for an example.  If you use this build and run into energy problems, you can get shot to activate the Rage mod and use Regenerative Molt to gain ~100hp/s for 10s (the hp gained scales with power strength).  If you time it out right, you will gain all your energy back + more.  Zenurik Energy Overflow makes efficiency almost a non-issue, but it's not a requirement.  I only cast Miasma when I'm feeling bored/trying to kill-steal from friends/someone in the squad went down and I need everything to die.  Try to be conservative and keep spreading spores so you don't have to recast it.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Saryn_Prime/t_30_3022400230_2-4-10-4-0-5-12-2-10-34-8-5-46-5-5-59-1-3-411-7-10-471-6-3-479-3-10-615-9-5_4-5-59-9-12-8-479-7-2-6-46-11-471-9-411-8-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-44/0

Actually thanks man,you were right,Saryn is a beast.I'll i had to do was change my build to ignore efficiency  and focus moreon power strength and put on a "AOE" weapon,only one spore is needed to start the plague.(:

Weapons like,the quanta,the kulstar,etc,basically any weapon that has like a explosion effect to it works very well with spores. 

2 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

Actually thanks man,you were right,Saryn is a beast.I'll i had to do was change my build to ignore efficiency  and focus moreon power strength and put on a "AOE" weapon,only one spore is needed to start the plague.(:

Weapons like,the quanta,the kulstar,etc,basically any weapon that has like a explosion effect to it works very well with spores. 

I'm glad it's working.  I was making a list of different things that pop spores for a friend, so I'll post it here for you.  You may have already figured most of them out, but here's the list of things that pop spores:

Spoiler

Shooting the spore: self explanatory.

Explosives: launcher weapons like the Tonkor/Penta and mods like Concealed Explosives or Thunderbolt (I don't recommend thunderbolt on anything other than crossbows though).

gas procs: proccing gas pops all spores in the AOE (5m radius) and boost spore damage with toxin procs.  I think electric procs can as well, but gas is a bit more useful to Saryn.

Killing spored targets: just killing the target will spread spores for 50% of the range.

Syndicate procs: the explosions triggered by syndicate weapons and special weapon mods can pop spores.  Arbiter weapons proc gas, which is a double whammy since the spores will carry the toxin DOT caused by the gas proc.

Toxic Lash: it automatically pops at least 1 spore per hit while using melee.

Miasma: pops all the spores in range.

Continuous AOE weapons:  things like the Torid and Simulor will pop spores on targets that walk into the cloud.

Other frames have abilities that can pop spores like explosions caused by Nova's molecular prime.  Basically anything that's an explosion should pop spores.