Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UPDATE: 06/14/16]Monk: Warframe-Telepath (Warframe Concept)

WeebLord_Prime

Monk, Warframe-Telepath.

The warrior that has a steel mind which was hardened in infinite fights. Because of his inborn abilities, he can control minds of enemies and summon the figures with human shape from his mind to help him in battle.

Passive: Enemies nearby Monk have greater miss rate.

Basic Characteristics:

Health:100;

Shields: 100;

Energy:150;

Armor: 100.

Movement Speed: 1.05

Abilities:

1. Telepathic Wave:

Enemies in a range of a wave loose their consciousness on a moment, and fall on the ground.
Augment Mod: 
    Shaking Hands: When ability is activated, enemies loose weapons that they pick up later.

Consumption: 25 Energy;

2. Meditation:

Warframe starts to meditate and regenerate his energy and health. Warframe can`t attack or use abilities during meditation, but the abilities that were activated before activating this ability don`t interrupt. When Nightmare ability is activated, the ability regenerates only health (It would be too imbalance, if it will regenerate energy during this ability).

Energy regeneration: 1.25-5 Energy/sec.

Health regeneration: 2-10 Health/sec.

Augment Mods (1 of 3 is going to be chosen):

1.  Composure: After meditation, Warframe gets buff that increases melee damage and reduces energy consumption on a certain period of time, the percentage depends on the time being spent in ability, has a limit.
  2.  Aura of Renovation: During meditation, ally Warframes regenerate their energy and health, the regeneration speed is based on a percentage of the ability regeneration rate.
  3. Presence Disappearance:  When the Waframe will use Meditation ability, he will become invisible to enemies for a certain period of time.

Consumption: 25 Energy;

3. Guardian Spirits:

Summons images with a human shape that are attacking nearby enemies, spirits loose their energy in a certain amount of time, not interruptible. The count of spirits depends on the level of ability, there can be 1 to 4 of them, and the damage that they deal also depends on a level of ability.

Augment Mod:
     Deep Control: When Warframe uses Meditation ability during Guardian Spirits ability being activated, the consumption of spirits' energy decreases. When Warframe disables the Meditation ability, energy loss rate recovers.

Alternative:

Guardian spirit: Summons image with a human shape, and controls it as he wants. The spirit uses melee weapon and has 20-80 energy, depends on the level of ability, that is being reduced with time, and that he can use for abilities. The spirit is ethereal, so it is damage immune. During ability, Warframe can't use any of his abilities or attack. Interruptible, interrupts when the Warframe bleeds out/dies. Guardian can't regenerate energy in any way. The energy loss is 2.5/second, so the max time he can exist is 8-32 sec., without counting the using of abilities. Mods that effect continuity of abilities doesn't effect the energy loss rate (it's not an ability like Warframes' ulti that spend energy with time, Ex.: Excalibur, Banshee).

Guardian's Abilities:

Self-Exploding: The spirit explodes and deals nearby enemies explosion damage. The damage depends on the energy that spirit has at the moment of activating the ability. 

Consumption: 5 Energy.

Ethereal Spinning: The spirit starts to spin, and deal damage to nearby enemies, the spirit can move at the moment of spinning, interruptible.

Consumption: 25 Energy + 2.5/sec.

Expulsion: The spirit disappears, giving the player to use his Warframe.

Consumption: 0 Energy.

Body Control: When the spirit uses this ability near enemy. he possesses him, and uses his body for attack, interruptible.

Consumption: 50 Energy;

Consumption: 75 Energy;

4. Nightmare:

All enemies in a range of an ability get immersed into a nightmare that deals periodic damage because of a psychological pressure, interruptible.

Consumption: 25 Energy + 2.5/sec.

Appearance:

An artist named Aliuas agreed to help with the fan art for this concept, so here is what we have got for now:

At this moment, we have a raw draft that Aliuas drew based on the idea of futuristic monk (the head is not done yet):

Spoiler

4kuPy9D.jpg

This is not a final appearance of the Warframe, so it might pass through some changes during development progress.

Comments:

The Warframe would be very useful on Defense and Interception missions. In addition, this warframe would be a good support in every mission, and he would be comfortable to play solo.

I hope, this concept will interest you, please, comment, and say your opinion about it. Also, share it, so that other people could see it.

Edited by daniil77721
Added appearance.

21 hours ago, (PS4)helldragon56god said:

I like this idea but the only thing I would probably change is the shadow guard ability. It sounds too much like nekros' shadow of the dead, but other than that this is a pretty good idea

It has a limit of spirits summoned, 4 max, and they would use only melee weapon, so it's not so much similar to the Nekros' ability, but I will think about the alternatives, thank you!

Edited by daniil77721

21 hours ago, tennorod said:

For me the idea sounds too much like nyx since telepathy deals with the mind

The abilities of this Warframe are not the same as the abilities that Nyx has, and it is not bad if there will be 2 of the Warframes that use telepathy. 

Edited by daniil77721

28 minutes ago, daniil77721 said:

The abilities of this Warframe are not the same as the abilities that Nyx has, and it is not bad if there will be 2 of the Warframes that use telepathy. 

It will be bad having two frames that do the same thing because that ruins the originality, and uniqueness.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

It will be bad having two frames that do the same thing because that ruins the originality, and uniqueness.

I think, these Warframes would coexist just great, and they will both be unique in abilities and their use in missions.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)glider700 said:

All the warframes we have now they all are different in there own way shape or form. 

The time will arrive when DE will start to use the old Warframes' specializations, shapes, and forms in new Warframes, eventually. 

Edited by daniil77721

23 hours ago, (PS4)helldragon56god said:

I like this idea but the only thing I would probably change is the shadow guard ability. It sounds too much like nekros' shadow of the dead, but other than that this is a pretty good idea

Check out the alternative I added, you might like it.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)KNIGHTX605 said:

Concept of the week. (Even though I had a spiritual frame before you)

Oh, well, I just didn't watch last Prime Time, now I see, and Monk is not a spiritual Warframe, but the one that uses telepathy (in a certain level of this super-power, thoughts can be materialized).

Edited by daniil77721

3 hours ago, daniil77721 said:

Oh, well, I just didn't watch last Prime Time, now I see, and Monk is not a spiritual Warframe, but the one that uses telepathy (in a certain level of this super-power, thoughts can be materialized).

When I said spiritual frame. Three and Four are not in the telepathy powers their are spiritual powers and the 4th is close to one of mine and limbo's. And is their lore or a quest and how would you describe his looks to us?

13 hours ago, (XB1)KNIGHTX605 said:

When I said spiritual frame. Three and Four are not in the telepathy powers their are spiritual powers and the 4th is close to one of mine and limbo's. And is their lore or a quest and how would you describe his looks to us?

4th ability is a sort of hallucination that deals damage because of the psychological pressure, emotions affect our health, don't they? The 3rd ability was called "Guardian Spirits" because mobs that are summoned are ethereal, these mobs are not spirits, but materialized images from Warframe's mind. And I didn't come up with a quest by completing which you can get this Warframe yet because I didn't think about this concept that far, I didn't even think that this concept would be chosen as a concept of the week. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)KNIGHTX605 said:

P.S. Not trying to be rude but please have the name close to the theme instead of monk.

By calling him Monk, I wanted to say that he trained his brain to perfectly control it, no spiritual context. And, as I mentioned some time ago, it's the only name I came up with.

Edited by daniil77721

And about the 2nd ability, when Warframe meditates, he gains greater control over his brain and uses it to make his body regeneration work more productive, and the consequence of this is energy and health regeneration. Do I have to explain how Augment mods work with this ability?

Edited by daniil77721

A new update came up and brought you an early appearance of the Warframe, check it out now.

If you don't want to miss any updates, follow this topic, and don't forget to share this concept, so that other people could see it.

Edited by daniil77721