Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

18 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

He showed the updated plasma repeater, narrowed down for accuracy with a round magazine and a longer barrel for power.

"Every attack that hits the MOA's shield as well as every fired shot generates a bit more plasma, allowing for longer firing time and less consumed energy. It is also more accurate, allowing for more efficient attacks."

Zareth studied the design.  "We have 95% of the components needed to make this change in-house already, and the rest can be obtained from either the mines or from Miraalan.  That Arbiter Ryoko is an odd one, offering to help with supplies even though he is opposed to us.  Still, he has been very even-handed in his dealings with us."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Zareth studied the design.  "We have 95% of the components needed to make this change in-house already, and the rest can be obtained from either the mines or from Miraalan.  That Arbiter Ryoko is an odd one, offering to help with supplies even though he is opposed to us.  Still, he has been very even-handed in his dealings with us."

Foleus nodded. 

"Good. I believe it will be beneficial. Either way, the other change..."

44 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Foleus nodded. 

"Good. I believe it will be beneficial. Either way, the other change..."

"You sound hesitant.  Out with it, Tenno.  I assure you, I'm quite receptive of constructive criticism."

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"You sound hesitant.  Out with it, Tenno.  I assure you, I'm quite receptive of constructive criticism."

He showed the MOA chassis, where a strange orb had been added.

"That is a rare mineral that boosts energy efficiency by causing less energy to be lost during the movement from the generator to the assigned area. I implanted one in the generator itself for minimal resource requirements. It should boost durability and power greatly, but it is quite scarce..."

2 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

He showed the MOA chassis, where a strange orb had been added.

"That is a rare mineral that boosts energy efficiency by causing less energy to be lost during the movement from the generator to the assigned area. I implanted one in the generator itself for minimal resource requirements. It should boost durability and power greatly, but it is quite scarce..."

"What's it called?"

9 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Methitanicum, I believe."

"I see.  I'll look into acquiring more of it."  Another console light beeped.  "Ahh.  Round Two."  The screen behind him came alight again, and the Fusion Bursas stood at the ready.  A buzzer sounded, and they again fired.  This time, they all remained upright as the camera panned to show the targets, which were spaced on tracks among cover objects and plaster molds of Corpus units.  The twelve Grineer targets lay in various states of brokenness, but all had taken direct hits to the head.

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I see.  I'll look into acquiring more of it."  Another console light beeped.  "Ahh.  Round Two."  The screen behind him came alight again, and the Fusion Bursas stood at the ready.  A buzzer sounded, and they again fired.  This time, they all remained upright as the camera panned to show the targets, which were spaced on tracks among cover objects and plaster molds of Corpus units.  The twelve Grineer targets lay in various states of brokenness, but all had taken direct hits to the head.

"Hm. Not bad. And yet..."

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

"Hm. Not bad. And yet..."

"And yet these tests are taking too damn long.  I know.  But they want progress reports in an easily-readable font with 217 pages of useless data before the single pictogram of data that's both reliable and relevant.  So useless data is what I'll give them."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"And yet these tests are taking too damn long.  I know.  But they want progress reports in an easily-readable font with 217 pages of useless data before the single pictogram of data that's both reliable and relevant.  So useless data is what I'll give them."

"Due to the accuracy flaw my edits fixed, your MOA still hit the Corpus, which I take are supposed friendlies..."

"Due to the accuracy flaw my edits fixed, your MOA still hit the Corpus, which I take are supposed friendlies..."

"Hit the Corpus?  My dear Tenno, are your optics malfunctioning?  None of the Moas in the room took any fire."

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I meant the plaster ones. Unless that was intentional?"

Zareth was now very confused.  "The only plaster casts in the room that took any hits were the Grineer.  None of the plaster Moas were damaged."

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Zareth was now very confused.  "The only plaster casts in the room that took any hits were the Grineer.  None of the plaster Moas were damaged."

"No, they were. Just very slightly, nearly invisible scratches. But still damage. Sure, it isn't lethal, but it also isn't optimal."

"No, they were. Just very slightly, nearly invisible scratches. But still damage. Sure, it isn't lethal, but it also isn't optimal."

Zareth was now completely bewildered.  "How do particle cannons produce bullet lines?  And furthermore, how do twelve shots hit more than twelve targets?"

6 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Zareth was now completely bewildered.  "How do particle cannons produce bullet lines?  And furthermore, how do twelve shots hit more than twelve targets?"

"Not bullet lines, then...? Those scratches must have been there beforehand... That's weird..."

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You hear speakers around Synergy activate. HUD transmissions go out.

"Tenno, Archons, Seraphs." A voice says. "Come one come all. The Tournament is now open."

An image of Teshin appears. He is standing amid an open field.

"Pupils." He says. "The time has come to prove your mastery. May the lessons of the Conclave guide your strikes."

A set of coordinates appears on the screen of the transmission.

"The Tournament... awaits." Teshin says. "I await your arrival."

[SPECIAL EVENT RULES]

While at the tournament you may call out a challenge to another member. This can be an Archon, a Seraph, or another Tenno. Invoking a challenge summons a ring of holographic Hedrons. While inside this ring taking lethal damage will instead transport you back to your starting position and supercharge your frame with void energy to speed the healing. Fighting with an Archon is a fight to first blood. Killing your opponent will not be allowed. Make sure t direct your blows with care.

Several other challengers have appeared. They will be drawn to those who preform particularly well.

This event will run until canceled.

Richard's Trinity Prime approached the clearing and unfolded.  Richard stepped out of it and continued walking without breaking stride.  The Warframe closed up and walked off toward the town, and Richard thumbed a button to call his Landing Craft.  "Sahsa," he asked, "are you ready for your final test as my student?"

The Saryn nodded.  "Yes."  She stepped forward and into the ring of hedrons and knelt as Richard's Mantis touched down and lowered the boarding ramp.  Richard boarded the Landing Craft and donned the Warframe he used the third-most, and the one he knew would make for the most interesting fight against her.  Selecting his weapons was a little more difficult, but it still took him less than a minute.  He walked back down the ramp clad in a tall and regal black Limbo with ornate silver trim around the edges of the coat.  He entered the ring of Hedrons and knelt with his back to hers.

By now there was a small gathering of people, and Richard knew Teshin would wait a moment or six before beginning the duel.

Edited by Yzjdriel

8 hours ago, Luthim said:

Luna looked down for a moment in thought then up at Melanie. "Then I will honor you with a match, but only one - I'm not here to play."

"But surely we could watch? It might be interesting, and maybe your Helios would find the data usefull?" Ceda finaly spoke and thus broke her own silence.

"Hmm, yes we can stay a bit and look. Studying the different fighting styles could be educating." She answered and turned to Melanie. "We will follow your lead." And waited for her to lead the way.

Melanie looks at you.

"I will meet you at the field." She said. "No doubt you want to retrieve one of your warframes for this."

4 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Alright and please just call me by my name Katrina." She replied as she landed her ship in the tower's dock and walked out of it. She looked around to see if her help really was needed.

You see several robed forms carrying crates from a Tenno ship. One of them waves you over.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie looks at you.

"I will meet you at the field." She said. "No doubt you want to retrieve one of your warframes for this."

Luna's answer likely came as a surprise. "Actually no, I intend to do this without an extension."

"Are you sure that's wise?" Ceda asked. "I've begun looking over the possible attendees and they are all very armed."

"What of it? Teshin would expect me to pull off something like this, let's not disappoint him."

"Is this that 'fight on a higher plane' kind of thing? Now i'm curious on what you are planing."

Luna chuckled lightly at Ceda's surprise. "I have a few surprises In mind. And since i'm only doing one match - I can be more free."

"Intriguing.." Ceda commented before turning to Melanie. "If you would kindly show us the way it would be most helpful. Otherwise a map would suffice." As I haven't made one myself...

Edited by Luthim

31 minutes ago, Luthim said:

Luna's answer likely came as a surprise. "Actually no, I intend to do this without an extension."

"Are you sure that's wise?" Ceda asked. "I've begun looking over the possible attendees and they are all very armed."

"What of it? Teshin would expect me to pull off something like this, let's not disappoint him."

"Is this that 'fight on a higher plane' kind of thing? Now i'm curious on what you are planing."

Luna chuckled lightly at Ceda's surprise. "I have a few surprises In mind. And since i'm only doing one match - I can be more free."

"Intriguing.." Ceda commented before turning to Melanie. "If you would kindly show us the way it would be most helpful. Otherwise a map would suffice." As I haven't made one myself...

Melanie steps onto a teleport pad. She motions for you to join her.

"Map?" She jokes. "Even I don't have a map of this place."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie steps onto a teleport pad. She motions for you to join her.

"Map?" She jokes. "Even I don't have a map of this place."

Luna smiled lightly and joined Melanie on the pad with Ceda just above her shoulder. "Wherever we end up, I'll be sure to let Helios know so it can join us." She commented before the pad activated.

1 minute ago, Luthim said:

Luna smiled lightly and joined Melanie on the pad with Ceda just above her shoulder. "Wherever we end up, I'll be sure to let Helios know so it can join us." She commented before the pad activated.

You appear on a grassy field. 

Melanie wordlessly steps into a ring of bedrooms and beckons you.

She rises a foot off the ground and holds her spear behind her, you hear a slight humming, and holds out her other hand in a "come at me" gesture.

A timer starts counting down. It seems that entering the arena before it ends will start the match.