The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Everyone here already knows." She says. "And we are sworn to defend it. No what I worry about is certain Tenno receiving this."

She places a device on the table. It emits a small field, blocking recording devices and concealing the voices of those inside.

"There was a young Orokin woman who worked with Margulis." She said. "And fell in love with a Tenno. After Terminus she was sealed in cryo-sleep and later recovered and brought here."

She meets your gaze.

"That young woman was Felicity." She says. "By rights and trials she is the sole remaining heir to the empire, though in her early life she held no actual power."

As soon as she heard the confirmation of the living orokin presence, her mind overloaded with a surge of thoughts, missing the heirship part and all that followed after.

"And that's how you hacked the DNA lock on the rail... You know, you are either a very brave or naive woman for telling all this to someone you barely know"

She massaged her temple "Someone is going to have a hellish workday upon return from the raid"  

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Me too, I got some words to that damm idiot, controlling me" *He gets up and drops off the ship*

Dixon is clad in a modified Knave frame, and he retrives his weapons form the dormant frame. He then taps his helmet and leaps up on top of the ship, drawing his a Rubico and scanning the dunes. One of the Masters also draws a Rubico and jumps onto the third ship, scanning for any additional contact. The shiled shimmers and then solidifies as the fifth Master kneels by the Obekisk.

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

As soon as she heard the confirmation of the living orokin presence, her mind overloaded with a surge of thoughts, missing the heirship part and all that followed after.

"And that's how you hacked the DNA lock on the rail... You know, you are either a very brave or naive woman for telling all this to someone you barely know"

She massaged her temple "Someone is going to have a hellish workday upon return from the raid"  

"Considering said Orokin is both dating an Elder Tenno* and friends with nearly every armed individual on this planet...." Melanie says. "I don't expect you to withhold this from your superiors. I do however, expect to make it clear that she is not only an asset of Synergy, but a friend to all, and well defended."

She smiles.

"It's also why we have three Orokin Era Dreadnoughts." She says. "And why we have had such success integrating orokin tech into our infrastructure."

*Term for some of the first Tenno to see action during the Old War and the first to be awoken by the Lotus. They are fleas fed by most Tenno for their exceptional skill in combat and mastery of Warframe Tech.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Considering said Orokin is both dating an Elder Tenno* and friends with nearly every armed individual on this planet...." Melanie says. "I don't expect you to withhold this from your superiors. I do however, expect to make it clear that she is not only an asset of Synergy, but a friend to all, and well defended."

She smiles.

"it's also why we have three Orokin Era Dreadnoughts." She says. "And why we have had such success integrating orokin tech into our infrastructure."

Speaking about orokin tech... She was half a second away from pronouncing her reply but shook it off in the last moment

"If she's so popular, then consider me tempted meeting her in person" She sighed "You know, you make me feel uncomfortable after telling all this and not asking anything back. It doesn't seem to be very fair"

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon is clad in a modified Knave frame, and he retrives his weapons form the dormant frame. He then taps his helmet and leaps up on top of the ship, drawing his a Rubico and scanning the dunes. One of the Masters also draws a Rubico and jumps onto the third ship, scanning for any additional contact. The shiled shimmers and then solidifies as the fifth Master kneels by the Obekisk.

"This place looks cool" *He Looks around for Sam and Jas*

12 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"You think I will betray Legion?, He's close to me, I won't let you kill him!" *She spat* "My name..is..Dualist, That Nekors, its a power that he can only use 3 times, it strains on him alot, likely chance, hes ended up somewhere else now, I can detect him" *She snarls* "Thats all Im telling you, I won't give up Legions life.."

"So you know why we seek him." Tak says. "Good."

A woman clad in a Nyx Nemesis walks up next to him.

You can hear her in your mind.

"Hello." Sai'ah says. "We need to talk."

You pass the barrier and feel all outside contact with Rankis cease, blocked by the barrier. Any Psionic abilities seem to be dampened.

Sai'ah taps you on the forehead and you find yourself on a void conclave map. 

"Before you get any ideas." Sai'ah says. "This is my mind, and it has played host to far more powerful foes than you. You have no power here."

She walks towards you, slowing morphing into a tall Warframe like being with a blade extending from her right arm.

"Now." She said. "Let's start from the beginning."

Duelist would find herself apparently unarmed, wearing a simple Tenno robe.

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"This place looks cool" *He Looks around for Sam and Jas*

Sam is standing outside a tent. Inside you see Duelist kneeling Bettie a table, Sai'ah sitting across from her. You can feel immense amounts of Psionic energy emanating from Sai'ah, dwarfing anythingyou have felt before.

"We should have Legion's location soon." Sam says. "Sai'ah is interrogating Duelist now."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"So you know why we seek him." Tak says. "Good."

A woman clad in a Nyx Nemesis walks up next to him.

You can hear her in your mind.

"Hello." Sai'ah says. "We need to talk."

You pass the barrier and feel all outside contact with Rankis cease, blocked by the barrier. Any Psionic abilities seem to be dampened.

Sai'ah taps you on the forehead and you find yourself on a void conclave map. 

"Before you get any ideas." Sai'ah says. "This is my mind, and it has played host to far more powerful foes than you. You have no power here."

She walks towards you, slowing morphing into a tall Warframe like being with a blade extending from her right arm.

"Now." She said. "Let's start from the beginning."

Duelist would find herself apparently unarmed, wearing a simple Tenno robe.

*She looks at her body, then looks around, she sighs* "If you hurt me, Legion will kill you all, you hear me!?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam is standing outside a tent. Inside you see Duelist kneeling Bettie a table, Sai'ah sitting across from her. You can feel immense amounts of Psionic energy emanating from Sai'ah, dwarfing anythingyou have felt before.

"We should have Legion's location soon." Sam says. "Sai'ah is interrogating Duelist now."

*He looks over to Dualist and chuckles* "Good Good" *He truns to sam* "So, how you been feeling?, *He Rubs his neck* "You didn't hear, anything I said right?, back in the hospital?, just wondering.." *He Leans* "What about your son, is he ok?"  

12 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Speaking about orokin tech... She was half a second away from pronouncing her reply but shook it off in the last moment

"If she's so popular, then consider me tempted meeting her in person" She sighed "You know, you make me feel uncomfortable after telling all this and not asking anything back. It doesn't seem to be very fair"

"You feel like you owe me some information in return?" Melanie asks. "I'll keep that in mind."

She leans back and disables the device.

"I'm sure we can meet her at some point. She is occupied at the moment, however." Melanie says. "And my honesty should tell you two things."

She looks out the window.

"That I trust, and expect trust, from my allies." She says. "And that if I am willing to tell you this, I either trust you a great deal more than is wise, or I am sure that any attempts to betray that trust will fail."

She fiddles with a strange necklace and you see a pair of old earth dog tags.

"I spent thirty years working helping lead a band of rebels when very one we met could betray us, and everyday was spent looking over our shoulders." She says. "Which do you think is more likely."

Edited by Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You feel like you owe me some information in return?" Melanie asks. "I'll keep that in mind."

She leans back and disables the device.

"I'm sure we can meet her at some point. She is occupied at the moment, however." Melanie says. "And my honesty should tell you two things."

She looks out the window.

"That I trust, and expect trust, from my allies." She says. "And that if I am willing to tell you this, I either trust you a great deal more than is wise, or I am sure that any attempts to betray that trust will fail."

She fiddles with a strange necklace and you see a pair of old earth dog tags.

"I spent thirty years working helping lead a band of rebels when very one we met could betray us, and everyday was spent looking over our shoulders." She says. "Which do you think is more likely."

"Maybe latter, prior, or none. Perhaps, while not being of our kind, you have the power to sense people. Those kubrows far predecessors were known for their paranormal ability to sense others emotions and intentions. Perhaps, your choice in accessories isn't spontaneous"

She turned to the bar and waved off the dramatic atmosphere with a joke phrase

"Hey shopkeeper, isn't the "glowing lizards" is how some grineer call our species?"

38 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She looks at her body, then looks around, she sighs* "If you hurt me, Legion will kill you all, you hear me!?"

Sai'ah laughs.

"Kill us all?" She asks. 

She looks at you.

"The Masters are comprised of Arbiter Ryoko, who is crazy prepared for nearly anything and has yet to meet someone he doesn't know how to kill; Arbiter Darrin, who was the one to Orchestrate Terminus and has yet to be caught off guard; Alan, who depsite s old mannerisms has seen an survived more combat experiences that any other living Tenno; Tak who has advanced void magics beyond what even its' founder believed possible, and Mira, who was respected and fear by all four before she got near god-like powers."

Sai'ah smiles.

"Thats not considering the Wraiths, who'd just love to take out a terrorist, several hundred Tenno whose irritation ranges from anger to minor annoyance, and finally..." She says. "Me."

She grows more terrible, her form becoming skelelat, resmebling something out a nightmare.

"Your master may be Legion." She says. "But I an Nemesis. The perfect hunter, the perfect being. Even if you cut me down I will not stop hunting. I could tear your mind asunder with a thought."

You can feel fear battery at your mind like a hurricane battering a house. You stand atop a mountain of skulls, each one warped into an expression of terror.

"Part of me wants to." She says, her voice growing gleeful. "Wants to rend your mind into a thousand shreds. Wants to leave just enough for you to acknowledge how outclassed you are. How powerless you are against me."

The storm stops and suddenly you find yourself sitting in a meadow, calm and serenity filing your mind. A small child sits before you.

"But part of me also remembers what it was like to be a child." She says, the terror from before fading like a bad dream. "What it was like to be mortal, to have friends."

She looks up at you.

"Your friend will die." She says. "If he does not surrender. Tell me where he is, and I will take you to him. You can talk him down, convince him to come peacefully. It is the only way this ends without bloodshed."

45 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over to Dualist and chuckles* "Good Good" *He truns to sam* "So, how you been feeling?, *He Rubs his neck* "You didn't hear, anything I said right?, back in the hospital?, just wondering.." *He Leans* "What about your son, is he ok?"  

"I am feeling well." Sam says. "Why, did you say something interesting?"

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

-snips-

*She looks down to the child, she shakes in both mental and physical pain, shes tearing up, she looks away, and sighs* "Fine, Legion, He...Hes under guard by Watcher, An Inanors Warframe, Hes located here *She uses her mind to give the excat location, it seems to be a hideout underground, under the sand, a few miles from here* "Now Please, let me go, I don't want to perish, Not in the hands of you, Take me to Zaeed, I want a word.." 

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I am feeling well." Sam says. "Why, did you say something interesting?"

"Thats good, great to hear" *He Pauses* "Uh, I well, I've, said a few things, *He rubs his neck in a shy matter* "Tho I'm sure you don't want to hear a sob-story or how dramatic  I was..*He Sighs, and trys to change the subject* "So..you and Dixon?.."

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She looks down to the child, she shakes in both mental and physical pain, shes tearing up, she looks away, and sighs* "Fine, Legion, He...Hes under guard by Watcher, An Inanors Warframe, Hes located here *She uses her mind to give the excat location, it seems to be a hideout underground, under the sand, a few miles from here* "Now Please, let me go, I don't want to perish, Not in the hands of you, Take me to Zaeed, I want a word.." 

You find yourself back in the tent.

"Zaeed." Sai'ah says. "She wants to talk to you."

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Thats good, great to hear" *He Pauses* "Uh, I well, I've, said a few things, *He rubs his neck in a shy matter* "Tho I'm sure you don't want to hear a sob-story or how dramatic  I was..*He Sighs, and trys to change the subject* "So..you and Dixon?.."

"He's watched my back as long as I can remember." She says. "Both here and back at the colony. He's... tough to deal with sometimes, but a good man."

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You find yourself back in the tent.

"Zaeed." Sai'ah says. "She wants to talk to you."

*She looks around and sighs, relaxing, she checks her warframe for weapons*

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"He's watched my back as long as I can remember." She says. "Both here and back at the colony. He's... tough to deal with sometimes, but a good man."

"I see.." *He Looks over to Sai* "Right, I'll..be back in a sec, Sam..*He Rubs his neck and head, seemly uncomfortable, as if he wants to reveal something, he truns and walks over to Dualist* "What..."

"Operator, I have received a message with Terminal Priority.  Abort the current mission immediately and prepare to return to Synergy."

Richard froze midway through decapitating a Grineer guard.  "Check it again.  Terminal Priority hasn't been in use since the Old War."

"The message has been broadcasting for several minutes.  I have already checked with Simon to confirm.  Terminal Priority."

"There's about to be a hole in the side of this ship.  I expect you to be there."  He dropped the nearly-headless Lancer and sprinted full-tilt for the outer hull.

Fifteen seconds later, he was halfway through the Fold back to Synergy and madly scrambling to contact eight people at once.

The comm blast went out to Darrin, Ryoko, Tak (assuming the Grandmaster wasn't on the Grey Isle), Katherine, and Lydia, and sent a short, blunt message: 

- TERMINAL PRIORITY -
- Old War Not Over. -
- All Units To Grey Isle. -
- Assume Worst, No Stop Unpulled. -
- Richard Out. -

- TERMINAL PRIORITY -
- Signal From Grey Isle. -
- Old War Frequency. -
- Assistance Requested. -
- Richard En Route. -

He contacted Namira directly, preceding his call with the same "Terminal Priority" tag.

Edited by Yzjdriel

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Operator, I have received a message with terminal priority.  Abort the current mission immediately and prepare to return to Synergy."

Richard froze midway through decapitating a Grineer guard.  "Check it again.  Terminal Priority hasn't been in use since the Old War."

"The message has been broadcasting for several minutes.  I have already checked with Simon to confirm.  Terminal Priority."

"There's about to be a hole in the side of this ship.  I expect you to be there."  He dropped the nearly-headless Lancer and sprinted full-tilt for the outer hull.

Fifteen seconds later, he was halfway through the Fold back to Synergy and madly scrambling to contact eight people at once.

The comm blast went out to Darrin, Ryoko, Tak (assuming the Grandmaster wasn't on the Grey Isle), Katherine, and Lydia, and sent a short, blunt message: 

- TERMINAL PRIORITY -
- Old War Not Over. -
- All Units To Grey Isle. -
- Assume Worst, No Stop Unpulled. -
- Richard Out. -

- TERMINAL PRIORITY -
- Signal From Grey Isle. -
- Old War Frequency. -
- Assistance Requested. -
- Richard En Route. -

He contacted Namira directly, preceding his call with the same "Terminal Priority" tag.

Namira pulled out her data pad.

"Lotus." She said. "You should see this."

She sent the message to the Lotus.

-----

The signal appears to originate from an area near the edge of the Gray Isle.

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She looks around and sighs, relaxing, she checks her warframe for weapons*

"I see.." *He Looks over to Sai* "Right, I'll..be back in a sec, Sam..*He Rubs his neck and head, seemly uncomfortable, as if he wants to reveal something, he truns and walks over to Dualist* "What..."

None of your weapons are there. It seems the Grandmaster did actually turn them to dust.

Sai'ah notices this and wags a finger.

"Try anything." She says. "And I'll lock your limbs faster than you can blink."

Just now, Rakawan said:

None of your weapons are there. It seems the Grandmaster did actually turn them to dust.

Sai'ah notices this and wags a finger.

"Try anything." She says. "And I'll lock your limbs faster than you can blink."

*He looks over to Sal and nods* "You may want to be careful, I heard Sal can do much worse" *He Looks to Dualist* "Speak.."

"Zaeed, we go long back, if you can get me out of here, I'll be grateful, I'll do anything for you, pay you credits, give you information about more of the others, Please, just let me go, Hell I can even make it worth your while, Im not stuck in chair, procing my warframe, I ca_" *Her speech is interrupted!*

*He Shoots right past her head* "Bribing me?, In the middle of the camp, in-front of, Sal?, Really?" *He Sighs* "Just, tell me what you really want" *He Looks over* "I maybe a Gentleman and Trader, but I'm no saint, SPEEK!"

"I want you, to kill Rankis and Keep Legion alive, you do that, and I'll do anything you want, I will even try to clam Legion down, return back to normal" *She Looks to Sal* "Can you do that?"

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Namira pulled out her data pad.

"Lotus." She said. "You should see this."

She sent the message to the Lotus.

-----

The signal appears to originate from an area near the edge of the Gray Isle.

"Come on, come on, pick up," he said under his breath.  "Before I go down there..."

Ordis flew down to try and pinpoint the signal, taking care to stay just outside the edge of the signal scattering effect.