The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

The children, having never seen a tiger before, much less and angry one, scatter.

"Thanks." The boy says, accepting your help and getting back on his feet. "I wish my ma was here. She'd sort them out."

He looks at the tiger.

"Is it real?" He asks, poking it.

The tiger turns to the boy with a loud rumbling purr, nuzzling its head against his side.  It sure looks real; same size, same sounds, same smells.. But with a few additions making it a tad bit stronger for her purposes.

Jez shakes her head, "No.  It comes from paper.  But it can fight, and it can be ridden."  Glancing behind her, she checks to make sure nobody is staring not wanting to draw unnecessary attention to herself.

"Do what you need to and get home." the woman says plainly, lifting her hand as she readied to discharge the spell to return the tiger to its origami state.

1 hour ago, LunarFirefly said:

The tiger turns to the boy with a loud rumbling purr, nuzzling its head against his side.  It sure looks real; same size, same sounds, same smells.. But with a few additions making it a tad bit stronger for her purposes.

Jez shakes her head, "No.  It comes from paper.  But it can fight, and it can be ridden."  Glancing behind her, she checks to make sure nobody is staring not wanting to draw unnecessary attention to herself.

"Do what you need to and get home." the woman says plainly, lifting her hand as she readied to discharge the spell to return the tiger to its origami state.

"Are you hungry?" The boy asks. "I was going to visit my grandpa. He owns a small restaurant down the street."

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I will." He says. "Have a good day Major. Oh and if you have some time, you should stop by Seven's new place. The food there is wonderful."

After the transmission end, Therese actually considered having something edible. Besides, she doubted that the recommended establishment would be more strange than that freaky meat shop.

"Mind flashing your cozy inn location, Seven?" she used the comm credentials of the chairman for the purposes not related to actual diplomacy, "I suddenly came to the realization that some fuel-up would be splendid, and maybe I'll even rob my assistant of his share of work"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

After the transmission end, Therese actually considered having something edible. Besides, she doubted that the recommended establishment would be more strange than that freaky meat shop.

"Mind flashing your cozy inn location, Seven?" she used the comm credentials of the chairman for the purposes not related to actual diplomacy, "I suddenly came to the realization that some fuel-up would be splendid, and maybe I'll even rob my assistant of his share of work"

Coordinates appear. They are not too far from a landing pad.

"Anything I should prepare, Major?" He asks. "Or will you accept my recommendation?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

Coordinates appear. They are not too far from a landing pad.

"Anything I should prepare, Major?" He asks. "Or will you accept my recommendation?"

"A meat pie. A juicy Aussie meat pie with some chili sauce. And a big cup of tea with thyme. Thank you"

The flight didn't take long, and in seventeen minutes she was already standing in the hall, watching at the huge poster mentioning to lay down the weapons into the safety cells and to power down the frame. 

Well, rules are rules she thought while following the regulation and adjusting the newly equipped piece of shoulder armor.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"A meat pie. A juicy Aussie meat pie with some chili sauce. And a big cup of tea with thyme. Thank you"

The flight didn't take long, and in seventeen minutes she was already standing in the hall, watching at the huge poster mentioning to lay down the weapons into the safety cells and to power down the frame. 

Well, rules are rules she thought while following the regulation and adjusting the newly equipped piece of shoulder armor.

Seven slides an empty box to you.

"Weapons in the box." He says. "You'll get them back when you leave."

He slides a cup of tea to you.

"So how'd the ceremony go?" He asks. "I've never had to stomach to go to one."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven slides an empty box to you.

"Weapons in the box." He says. "You'll get them back when you leave."

He slides a cup of tea to you.

"So how'd the ceremony go?" He asks. "I've never had to stomach to go to one."

"Better than the previous time by five percents but it is really hard to say since the control group was small. I'm almost sure that soon there will be a new zephyr and rhino pilots around. One death was quite visual, while others simply were. Also, the project developers may or may not have an insight of how to boost the next batches survival rate." She replied while trying to sniff the smells in the bar

Edited by Teloch

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Are you hungry?" The boy asks. "I was going to visit my grandpa. He owns a small restaurant down the street."

She draws the tiger back into its paper form, catching the origami in her hand easily.  At his question, she pauses... How long had it been since she's eaten?  "I--" feeling a bit awkward, she shakes her head, "I don't really eat.."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Better than the previous time by five percents but it is really hard to say since the control group was small. I'm almost sure that soon there will be a new zephyr and rhino pilots around. One death was quite visual, while others simply were. Also, the project developers may or may not have an insight of how to boost the next batches survival rate." She replied while trying to sniff the smells in the bar

The most prominent smell is grease. You suspect that, at least until recently, most of what was offered here was deep fried and rather unhealthy.

However you can also smell several herbal smells, and the smell of several meats cooking.

"Well that's good news." Seven says. "I remember when Sam told me about Ascension. I couldn't believe it was true. My little girl, a Tenno."

She draws the tiger back into its paper form, catching the origami in her hand easily.  At his question, she pauses... How long had it been since she's eaten?  "I--" feeling a bit awkward, she shakes her head, "I don't really eat.."

"Well then I'll eat and you can tell me more about the paper tiger." He says. 

He tugs at your hand, pulling you down the street.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The most prominent smell is grease. You suspect that, at least until recently, most of what was offered here was deep fried and rather unhealthy.

However you can also smell several herbal smells, and the smell of several meats cooking.

"Well that's good news." Seven says. "I remember when Sam told me about Ascension. I couldn't believe it was true. My little girl, a Tenno."

"Yeah... a hardly believable experience" She muttered wistfully. "Anyway, I'm dead serious about making my walrus-assistant's job. So, mind telling if you had received the "special" package with the humanitarian aid shipment? Did you put it to use already?" she subtly attempted to change the topic to the one that doesn't give an average tenno a foul taste in the mouth and a wagon of unpleasant memories.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Yeah... a hardly believable experience" She muttered wistfully. "Anyway, I'm dead serious about making my walrus-assistant's job. So, mind telling if you had received the "special" package with the humanitarian aid shipment? Did you put it to use already?" she subtly attempted to change the topic to the one that doesn't give an average tenno a foul taste in the mouth and wagon of unpleasant memories.

"The data-vault." He says. "We sent that to our educational centers. There was some archaic barcode on it. Melanie seem quite perplexed by it."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The data-vault." He says. "We sent that to our educational centers. There was some archaic barcode on it. Melanie seem quite perplexed by it."

Therese grinned and then grunted, trying to suppress the laughter. "What a playful bunch of nerds those Promethean functionaries are. They have probably coded some fancy proverb or inspiring text via QR code and made the whole delivery look cryptic. Well, I guess they deserve to express their eccentrics now and then for what they do"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Therese grinned and then grunted, trying to suppress the laughter. "What a playful bunch of nerds those Promethean functionaries are. They have probably coded some fancy proverb or inspiring text via QR code and made the whole delivery look cryptic. Well, I guess they deserve to express their eccentrics now and then for what they do"

"Hehe." Seven says. "I think she did mention something about that."

"Promethean Functionaries?" He asks. "Sounds like something from one of those holo-games the kids play nowadays."

Edited by Rakawan

52 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well then I'll eat and you can tell me more about the paper tiger." He says. 

He tugs at your hand, pulling you down the street.

Jez looks slightly dumbfounded by what was going on, "Bu--" stopping, she sighs resisting the need to yell at the kid for touching her without permission.  It took a lot of restraint, but her face was red suggesting she was... not all that happy about it..  Still, she says nothing instead just.. going along with it.

Jez looks slightly dumbfounded by what was going on, "Bu--" stopping, she sighs resisting the need to yell at the kid for touching her without permission.  It took a lot of restraint, but her face was red suggesting she was... not all that happy about it..  Still, she says nothing instead just.. going along with it.

He releases your hand outside a nice looking restaurant, and pushes the door open.

The Barkeep turns. 

"Hey!" He says. "I don't serve minors."

"It's me grandpa." The boy says.

The man rubs his eyes.

"Brandon?" He asks teasingly. "Oh it is you. How are you lad?"

"Those mean kids stole my lollipop." He says. "But this nice lady took care of them."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

He releases your hand outside a nice looking restaurant, and pushes the door open.

The Barkeep turns. 

"Hey!" He says. "I don't serve minors."

"It's me grandpa." The boy says.

The man rubs his eyes.

"Brandon?" He asks teasingly. "Oh it is you. How are you lad?"

"Those mean kids stole my lollipop." He says. "But this nice lady took care of them."

Nice.. Well, that's the first time she's ever heard that.  Jez was right behind the boy as they entered the restaurant with violet eyes scanning the innards for the quickest route out should something go wrong - or the best things to use to help her escape.  She's.. quiet, studying the barkeep next as if trying to figure the man out before she's willing to say anything.  Her exterior is neutral with eyes much the same.  She seems neither hostile, or particularly well mannered by the way she's looking at him.

Nice.. Well, that's the first time she's ever heard that.  Jez was right behind the boy as they entered the restaurant with violet eyes scanning the innards for the quickest route out should something go wrong - or the best things to use to help her escape.  She's.. quiet, studying the barkeep next as if trying to figure the man out before she's willing to say anything.  Her exterior is neutral with eyes much the same.  She seems neither hostile, or particularly well mannered by the way she's looking at him.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Well." He says. "The least I could do is offer you a drink and a hot meal. You look like someone that could use both."

As he moves you catch the glimpse of long scars down his arm. Someone familiar with the Grineer would recognize the marks of an Atterax.

Edited by Rakawan

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Well." He says. "The least I could do is offer you a drink and a hot meal. You look like someone that could use both."

As he moves you catch the glimpse of long scars down his arm. Someone familiar with the Grineer would recognize the marks of an Atterax.

What did that mean?  Jez lifts an eyebrow slightly, dropping her gaze to her rather.. worn.. clothing.. Did she really seem that poor and pathetic?  "Whatever."  Not being one to pry due to learning better in her upbringing, she doesn't say anything about the scar.  Who hasn't encountered the Grineer?  They're a parasite as far as she's concerned.

For the most part she ignores everyone else, finding a seat on a stool and leaning her elbows forward atop the bar with a passive look about.

3 hours ago, LunarFirefly said:

What did that mean?  Jez lifts an eyebrow slightly, dropping her gaze to her rather.. worn.. clothing.. Did she really seem that poor and pathetic?  "Whatever."  Not being one to pry due to learning better in her upbringing, she doesn't say anything about the scar.  Who hasn't encountered the Grineer?  They're a parasite as far as she's concerned.

For the most part she ignores everyone else, finding a seat on a stool and leaning her elbows forward atop the bar with a passive look about.

The barkeep slides a warm glass of coffee across the bar.

"So." He says, picking up the child and setting him on a stool. "What brings you to this little slice of paradise?"

11 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The barkeep slides a warm glass of coffee across the bar.

"So." He says, picking up the child and setting him on a stool. "What brings you to this little slice of paradise?"

Jez was quiet, watching the coffee come to a stop in front of her before peeking into the mug to see exactly what it was.  Hearing his question she sinks back, folding her arms atop the bar with her head bowed slightly, offering a weak shrug, "The kid."  

The barkeep slides a plate of food to you.

"His name is Brandon." He says. "He's my grandson."

Brandon slides off the stool and climbs onto another across the counter from you.

"Where did you grow up?" He asks. "I grew up in a Grineer mining colony. I didn't like it there."

Therese was clearly annoyed by the fact that her conversation was utterly interrupted. And if the bartender was simply doing his job, the odd human's behavior seemed weird. She swiftly scanned the ragged customer with her typical icy gaze and leaned against the chair's back, opting to let the man have some time with his grandson and do standard "chatty" part of the bartender's job. Thankfully, the thoughts about a juicy meat pie overshadowed this little inconvenience. She slightly stretched her legs and folded her hands behind her nape while waiting for the dish.

Edited by Teloch

44 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese was clearly annoyed by the fact that her conversation was utterly interrupted. And if the bartender was simply doing his job, the odd human's behavior seemed weird. She swiftly scanned the ragged customer with her typical icy gaze and leaned against the chair's back, opting to let the man have some time with his grandson and do standard "chatty" part of the bartender's job. Thankfully, the thoughts about a juicy meat pie overshadowed this little inconvenience. She slightly stretched her legs and folded her hands behind her nape while waiting for the dish.

Seven turns back to you. 

"Sorry about that Major." He says. "So about those Prometheans?"