The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis moved to one of the empty cells. He sat against the wall, lotus style, and opened to tome on his lap. He turned to the first written page, and began to read*

((would the reading be in my control, or yours, of both?))

The words seem strange and almost illegible, however when you touch the page they seem to make sense. It is as if a silent voice is reading to you. The words remain alien but their meaning fills your mind.

"Herein lay the knowledge of the order of the..."

Words enter your mind at once. Fist, dragon, wall. It is as if whatever unveils the meaning to you cannot fully portray its intent.

"Keepers of the world, masters of body and mind." It reads. "Only the worthy can know these secrets." 

The words, which your eyes have been following, come to an end, yet the words continue.

"You have been found wanting." A voice says, audible voice.

A shade, this one formed of silver light, meditates before you. It is an Atlas, wearing the same ornamental garb as the one on the first page.

"Your mind is different from that of the Keeper." It says. "Yet I sense the same potential within you."

He tilts his head as if puzzled.

"Am I wrong?" He asks. "Are you worthy?"

17 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"All of those whom I represent swore to protect the empire and the humanity. The empire is no more but the humanity still out there. So it is not only your people whom we protect" She said while turning to the shade "Gallik, I assume?"

"It is not only those who live on this world that are my people." Gallik says, nodding to your question. "The others have spoken highly of you."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The words seem strange and almost illegible, however when you touch the page they seem to make sense. It is as if a silent voice is reading to you. The words remain alien but their meaning fills your mind.

"Herein lay the knowledge of the order of the..."

Words enter your mind at once. Fist, dragon, wall. It is as if whatever unveils the meaning to you cannot fully portray its intent.

"Keepers of the world, masters of body and mind." It reads. "Only the worthy can know these secrets." 

The words, which your eyes have been following, come to an end, yet the words continue.

"You have been found wanting." A voice says, audible voice.

A shade, this one formed of silver light, meditates before you. It is an Atlas, wearing the same ornamental garb as the one on the first page.

"Your mind is different from that of the Keeper." It says. "Yet I sense the same potential within you."

He tilts his head as if puzzled.

"Am I wrong?" He asks. "Are you worthy?"

*Stabilis looks up to the shade.  It was hard to startle him in any way, but still, the appearance startled him slightly.*

"I am worthy.  If you were to glance at my memories, you'd know.  You are associated with this book, but tell me, is what it speaks of truth, or deception?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It is not only those who live on this world that are my people." Gallik says, nodding to your question. "The others have spoken highly of you."

For one hand, the praise made by the "unliving" will of the local legend flattered her, for the other hand she wasn't sure why exactly this shade decided to speak to her.

"The others?" she asked, trying figure out the vector of the conversation

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis looks up to the shade.  It was hard to startle him in any way, but still, the appearance startled him slightly.*

"I am worthy.  If you were to glance at my memories, you'd know.  You are associated with this book, but tell me, is what it speaks of truth, or deception?"

"You name yourself worthy and give neither titles nor deeds to support that." The spirit says. "Truth or deception? Are you seeking answers or simply floundering in the dark hoping to find some clue as to who you are?"

The challenge in his words is obvious.

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

For one hand, the praise made by the "unliving" will of the local legend flattered her, for the other hand she wasn't sure why exactly this shade decided to speak to her.

"The others?" she asked, trying figure out the vector of the conversation

"The Tenno shades." He says. His tone makes it clear he does not count himself among them. "Many of them do little besides talk these days."

"Are you okay?" Sam asks.

*Dark Mist emits from Zaeed's body, mostly from his eyes and mouth, around him the power begins to flicker, a outline of Harbinger blinks, a shadowy from of himself, it whuold creep over Zaeed, it makes Zaeed twitch and jolt around* "Ah!"

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You name yourself worthy and give neither titles nor deeds to support that." The spirit says. "Truth or deception? Are you seeking answers or simply floundering in the dark hoping to find some clue as to who you are?"

The challenge in his words is obvious.

*Stabilis closed the tome, diverting all of his attention to the shade*

"Titles belong to those who seek praise; I seek peace. Deeds done for the sake of spreading awe and fear, are deeds untrue; deeds done because they needed to be done are truth. The answers that I seek need be truth, for if they are not, then they will not help me in what I need to do."

*Despite the shades challenging tone, Stabilis remained calm. A girl formed next to him, sitting straight legged. She was just before the turn of an adult, with void craters for eyes.*

Reading something good, Stabilis?

*Stabilis lowered his voice slightly*

"Yes, Sarah. I am."

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Dark Mist emits from Zaeed's body, mostly from his eyes and mouth, around him the power begins to flicker, a outline of Harbinger blinks, a shadowy from of himself, it whuold creep over Zaeed, it makes Zaeed twitch and jolt around* "Ah!"

As Namira walked down the street the back of her neck prickled. She stopped. Something was not quite right.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis closed the tome, diverting all of his attention to the shade*

"Titles belong to those who seek praise; I seek peace. Deeds done for the sake of spreading awe and fear, are deeds untrue; deeds done because they needed to be done are truth. The answers that I seek need be truth, for if they are not, then they will not help me in what I need to do."

*Despite the shades challenging tone, Stabilis remained calm. A girl formed next to him, sitting straight legged. She was just before the turn of an adult, with void craters for eyes.*

Reading something good, Stabilis?

*Stabilis lowered his voice slightly*

"Yes, Sarah. I am."

"That is the answer of one who has no worth deeds to speak of." It taunts. He seems to be trying to provoke you. Trying to get a ride out of you. "You claim worth and yet I have to read the words to you like a child. No wonder you could not save this one."

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Seven looks at you.

"He alright?" He asks. "This happen often?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

As Namira walked down the street the back of her neck prickled. She stopped. Something was not quite right.

*Zaeed struggles to resist* "Urgh..quick. ugh..someone, do something to distract me" *The Mist gets stronger, it slowly begins to get wrose*

------

*Harbinger truns to face Sam* 

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed struggles to resist* "Urgh..quick. ugh..someone, do something to distract me" *The Mist gets stronger, it slowly begins to get wrose*

------

*Harbinger truns to face Sam* 

Sam, having no psionic powers of her own, does the only thing she can think of and slaps Zaeed/Harbinger across the face.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"That is the answer of one who has no worth deeds to speak of." It taunts. He seems to be trying to provoke you. Trying to get a ride out of you. "You claim worth and yet I have to read the words to you like a child. No wonder you could not save this one."

*Stabilis glares at the shade, his eyes changing to one that seem far older, far more experienced; eyes of someone who will never stay down, no matter how hard he is hit*

"I do not fight in arenas unless I plan on destroying everything in there.  I have done many deeds, but I do not wish to share them because I do not like to boast, nor do I enjoy fame.  There is, there was, only one who I sought any form of affection from."

*Sarah leans he head against his shoulder, eyes drooping, yet still alert*

Stabilis, h-how do you s-stay awake reading such a b-boring story?

*She chuckles, and Stabilis glances at her before returning his gaze to the Shade.*

"I cannot read these words because I have never seen this language.  And Sarah's death was a result of over-stressing a fragile person, a person who had been through far more pain that anyone could ever understand.  Tell me, if one you cared for was dying, and he treatments were a few lifetimes away, what would you do?"

*Stabilis's voice took a slightly sharper tone, but still restrained.*

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis glares at the shade, his eyes changing to one that seem far older, far more experienced; eyes of someone who will never stay down, no matter how hard he is hit*

"I do not fight in arenas unless I plan on destroying everything in there.  I have done many deeds, but I do not wish to share them because I do not like to boast, nor do I enjoy fame.  There is, there was, only one who I sought any form of affection from."

*Sarah leans he head against his shoulder, eyes drooping, yet still alert*

Stabilis, h-how do you s-stay awake reading such a b-boring story?

*She chuckles, and Stabilis glances at her before returning his gaze to the Shade.*

"I cannot read these words because I have never seen this language.  And Sarah's death was a result of over-stressing a fragile person, a person who had been through far more pain that anyone could ever understand.  Tell me, if one you cared for was dying, and he treatments were a few lifetimes away, what would you do?"

*Stabilis's voice took a slightly sharper tone, but still restrained.*

"The first two who I deemed worthy to speak to did not possess your calm." The spirit says. "The first tried to attack me. The second tribes to burn the book. The flames... did not react as he thought they would. You however have shown restraint. The first of our virtues."

A scrawling sound fills the pages and pages turn. Several after the first now bear strange lines and squiggles, and you sense these are part of some larger puzzle. Only one page contains words in the same ancinebt language.

"Truth and deception both have lessons to teach." The voice says. "And I sense it is a lesson you have come for."

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"I don't kown how, but ugh, that was rude" *He looks around* "Brandon?. I...hope I din't..scare you with that.."

The child looks at you as an armed soldier would look at a wild beast. His eyes seem concerned, but also curious.

"With what?" He asks in a voice far too mature for his years.

The child looks at you as an armed soldier would look at a wild beast. His eyes seem concerned, but also curious.

"With what?" He asks in a voice far too mature for his years.

*Zaeed perks a brow, he looks to Sam, then back to him* "Hah, thats a good man, don't let such scare you, good job" *Zaeed smiles*

-----

"Say, Zaeed, What about a Void Trader little one?" *He laughs* "Im sure..he will get alo" *He Shuts off, Zaeed hits the "Shut up Marix button* 

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"The first two who I deemed worthy to speak to did not possess your calm." The spirit says. "The first tried to attack me. The second tribes to burn the book. The flames... did not react as he thought they would. You however have shown restraint. The first of our virtues."

A scrawling sound fills the pages and pages turn. Several after the first now bear strange lines and squiggles, and you sense these are part of some larger puzzle. Only one page contains words in the same ancinebt language.

"Truth and deception both have lessons to teach." The voice says. "And I sense it is a lesson you have come for."

*Stabilis looks down at the scribbles, trying to look for any pattern.  He looks back to the shade*

"I do not understand your meaning, not in the depth that you want.  I know that truth holds the lesson of success, while deception holds the lesson for the mistake.  Both you learn from, but only one you repeat.  And as for the restraint,"

*He looks to Sarah*

"My anger is reserved for only one.  And you are not him.  You did not sit aside as the last of my family, my true family, died."

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed perks a brow, he looks to Sam, then back to him* "Hah, thats a good man, don't let such scare you, good job" *Zaeed smiles*

-----

"Say, Zaeed, What about a Void Trader little one?" *He laughs* "Im sure..he will get alo" *He Shuts off, Zaeed hits the "Shut up Marix button* 

"You did not answer my question."  Brandon says. "With what?"