The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

16 hours ago, CelestialSabre said:

"I see. So did the people bring this clan together, or did an outsider with a dream start the clan?"

"It is said that those who first formed this clan were called to do so." He says. "That some Tenno during the Old War received a vision of a stone tomb on an island and where told to seek it by a voice that called them it's sons."

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"You are perceptive." He says. "Do you know who I am?"

"The memory imprint of a man who fought the grineer oppression along with his wife and established the foundations of this particular society?"

14 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"The memory imprint of a man who fought the grineer oppression along with his wife and established the foundations of this particular society?"

"You make it sound so boring." Gallik laughs. "But you are correct, save for one minor fact. My sister also fought the Grineer."

Edited by Rakawan

"You make it sound so boring." Gallik laughs. "But you are correct, save for on minor fact. My sister also fought the Grineer."

The fact the shade laughed somewhat irked Therese. Are they capable of emotions? Or is it a property of this particular one?

"I've never been the soul of the party, alas" She tried to joke away her confusion "So far, I spoke to your... widow?" she lifted one of her brows, catching oneself on using a very unorthodox phrase "and learned some fragments of information about her and your shared daughter. But I can't recall hearing anything about your sister"

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That power you felt, that was what I posssesed." The spirit says. "As did the other masters. We could have stopped it. We could have done something. These visions are our story, only a part of yours. The past cannot be changed. But it can be learned from."

"An Orokin came to the monks, requesting solace from the Tenno who pursued him. An initiate, unaware of his crimes, agreed to shelter him."

You find yourself standing upon the gates of a monastery.

"Stabilis!" A voice shouts. Tak stands outside the gates. "Hand over the Apostate brother so that he may answer for his crimes."

The Apostate from before stands in the  courtyard behind you. 

"I was promised sanctuary until my trial." He says. "You swore I would be safe here Grandmaster."

Images of burning villages and mountains of corpses fill your mind and you know what he has done.

"You deserve no trial." Tak says. "Nor will we allow you to reach that court!"

Others fan out behind him. Power surges through them. It seems equal, perhaps greater than that which flows through you. You can see the court far away, the ground between you and it is filled with angry Tenno.

*Stabilis looks to Tak, then to the Orokin.*

"Tak, if there is only one thing that I have learned on my journey, is that anyone, no matter how viscous, how cruel, is due a trial.  From the grineer queens, to Alad V.  They deserve the last bit of civilized discussion we can provide them, even if it ends in their death.  What is their story, their reasons and purpose for their crime?  Learn this, so that you will never become what they have become."

*Stabilis moves to be in front of the orokin, in case things got violent.  He knew that he wouldn't be able to take them all down, but he could show them a different way: the way of endurance.  He was aware of where the orokin was, in case he tried to run*

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis looks to Tak, then to the Orokin.*

"Tak, if there is only one thing that I have learned on my journey, is that anyone, no matter how viscous, how cruel, is due a trial.  From the grineer queens, to Alad V.  They deserve the last bit of civilized discussion we can provide them, even if it ends in their death.  What is their story, their reasons and purpose for their crime?  Learn this, so that you will never become what they have become."

*Stabilis moves to be in front of the orokin, in case things got violent.  He knew that he wouldn't be able to take them all down, but he could show them a different way: the way of endurance.  He was aware of where the orokin was, in case he tried to run*

A voice speaks across the comms. It is Dirge.

"Grandmaster." He says. "We are here on order of the Council to retrieve the Apostate for his trial."

"There is no need fir a trial. He admits his guilt! The survivors of his atrocities stand here and accuse him. He deserves no trial. No chance to escape. You act as if you are wise but cannot see his guilt!"

Spittle flies from his mouth and all those around him take on a crazed look.

"We demand blood!" He says. "The dead demand blood!"

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The fact the shade laughed somewhat irked Therese. Are they capable of emotions? Or is it a property of this particular one?

"I've never been the soul of the party, alas" She tried to joke away her confusion "So far, I spoke to your... widow?" she lifted one of her brows, catching oneself on using a very unorthodox phrase "and learned some fragments of information about her and your shared daughter. But I can't recall hearing anything about your sister"

"I believe widow would be the appropriate term." He says. "As I am dead."

At the mention of Sai'ah he seems to grow solemn.

"My daughter." He says. "She has become foreign to me. Something grows in her mind, something dark. Do you have children Major?"

"I believe widow would be the appropriate term." He says. "As I am dead."

At the mention of Sai'ah he seems to grow solemn.

"My daughter." He says. "She has become foreign to me. Something grows in her mind, something dark. Do you have children Major?"

She found the latest question rather uncomfortable, as it breached her "personal space", but she could understand the reason behind it "Never had one. So, unfortunately, I doubt I'd be apt to demonstrate the proper sympathy in this concrete case"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A voice speaks across the comms. It is Dirge.

"Grandmaster." He says. "We are here on order of the Council to retrieve the Apostate for his trial."

"There is no need fir a trial. He admits his guilt! The survivors of his atrocities stand here and accuse him. He deserves no trial. No chance to escape. You act as if you are wise but cannot see his guilt!"

Spittle flies from his mouth and all those around him take on a crazed look.

"We demand blood!" He says. "The dead demand blood!"

*Stabilis breathed in, letting his voice roll from his chest, letting it echo from the very earth; speak in a new voice, if they don't listen to your old one.*

"Blood, will never bring justice, only an end to all things that are of peace!  A trial is needed, not for the accused, but for those accusing;  So that they might not lose themselves to the hunger of hatred."

*His voice takes a slightly softer tone*

"The dead cannot return, not truly; no one can escape death."

*Stabilis readies himself, ready to make a wall between himself and the mob*

Just now, Teloch said:

She found the latest question rather uncomfortable, as it breached her "personal space", but she could understand the reason behind it "Never had one. So, unfortunately, I doubt I'd be apt to demonstrate the proper sympathy in this concrete case"

"I raised her to be kind, to love life." He says. "But she has become dark, malevolent. She takes joy causing those she deems enemies to suffer. Is this something common to Tenno? This bloodlust?"

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis breathed in, letting his voice roll from his chest, letting it echo from the very earth; speak in a new voice, if they don't listen to your old one.*

"Blood, will never bring justice, only an end to all things that are of peace!  A trial is needed, not for the accused, but for those accusing;  So that they might not lose themselves to the hunger of hatred."

*His voice takes a slightly softer tone*

"The dead cannot return, not truly; no one can escape death."

*Stabilis readies himself, ready to make a wall between himself and the mob*

Wraiths enter the courtyard, approaching the Apostate.

"Grandmaster." Dirge says. "We are here to transport the prisoner."

Their weapons are drawn as if they expect conflict.

"Open these gates." Tak snarks. "Or I will show you what I can do!"

Edited by Rakawan

"I raised her to be kind, to love life." He says. "But she has become dark, malevolent. She takes joy causing those she deems enemies to suffer. Is this something common to Tenno? This bloodlust?"

"Tenno are still humans, even if humans that have greatly overlived the time that was given unto them by nature. And just like all humans, we vary from almost saints to the cruelest of fiends. It is appalling to know what happened to your scion, but that's not something we as a group and me as a person could possibly fix. The best I can offer is my condolences"

51 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"It is said that those who first formed this clan were called to do so." He says. "That some Tenno during the Old War received a vision of a stone tomb on an island and where told to seek it by a voice that called them it's sons."

"And where is this Stone Tomb?"

4 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"And where is this Stone Tomb?"

"We do not know." Argus says. "Upon entering it the assembled found an ancient artifact. A glaive. They named themselves the Sons of Hayden and charged themselves with protection of the innocent. Or so the legend goes. There are many who could make it sound more grand."

12 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Tenno are still humans, even if humans that have greatly overlived the time that was given unto them by nature. And just like all humans, we vary from almost saints to the cruelest of fiends. It is appalling to know what happened to your scion, but that's not something we as a group and me as a person could possibly fix. The best I can offer is my condolences"

He nods.

"At times I worry that the Ascension has changed them. My sister and my daughter. They posses the same drive to destroy the Grineer that led me to my death." He says. 

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He nods.

"At times I worry that the Ascension has changed them. My sister and my daughter. They posses the same drive to destroy the Grineer that led me to my death." He says. 

"I personally believe that the void exposure is the type of experience that leaves a mark on absolutely everyone who lives through it. A very personal, almost divine revelation for each one of us. Although, can you tell me about your sister?"

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We do not know." Argus says. "Upon entering it the assembled found an ancient artifact. A glaive. They named themselves the Sons of Hayden and charged themselves with protection of the innocent. Or so the legend goes. There are many who could make it sound more grand."

"So we are part of these Sons of Hayden?"

3 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"So we are part of these Sons of Hayden?"

"We are." Argus says. "You will be once you take the oath and swear on the three bladed sword."

He smiles.

"It's less mystical or cultish than it sounds." He says. "You swear allegiance, then put your hand on the relic. Nothing to worry about."

He continues.

"As an initiate your job will be to guard the glaive chamber for a set number of shifts. As we are at peace I do not expect much of a challenge. Beyond that I'd recommend getting to know your fellow initiates."

He hands you the frame.

"There we go." He says. "All set-up." 

"We are." Argus says. "You will be once you take the oath and swear on the three bladed sword."

He smiles.

"It's less mystical or cultish than it sounds." He says. "You swear allegiance, then put your hand on the relic. Nothing to worry about."

He continues.

"As an initiate your job will be to guard the glaive chamber for a set number of shifts. As we are at peace I do not expect much of a challenge. Beyond that I'd recommend getting to know your fellow initiates."

He hands you the frame.

"There we go." He says. "All set-up." 

"Do i have to wear this to the ceremony?" Sol gestures to the Excal frame

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"I personally believe that the void exposure is the type of experience that leaves a mark on absolutely everyone who lives through it. A very personal, almost divine revelation for each one of us. Although, can you tell me about your sister?"

"Her name is Sasha." He says. "I've been looking out for her since our parents died. She barely remembers then." He says. "She is a kind soul, to other humans at least. She hates the Grineer but after what we have been through I cannot blame her. She served as one of my generals for some time, then as an Archon and then for a short time as a Tenno."

40 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Wraiths enter the courtyard, approaching the Apostate.

"Grandmaster." Dirge says. "We are here to transport the prisoner."

Their weapons are drawn as if they expect conflict.

"Open these gates." Tak snarks. "Or I will show you what I can do!"

*Stabilis turns to the Orokin*

"Tell me, do you feel that you deserve death?  Or are you ready to repent, and pay penance?"