The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"I'd be happy to test their arm and the iron of their bones." Nikolai says. "But as for dedication, or intent. I cannot think of an appropriate test."

The Spirits of the First Masters follow you.

*He turns to the First Masters*

"Was there a test that you had the initiates go through, any physical test?"

"W-what do y-you mean test?  I d-don't like taking t-tests, y-you know that."

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam nods.

"So they know who did it?" She asked Dirge.

"Hooded and shadowy figures." He says. "No one knows who they are."

*He look over* "Why whuold they attack such?" *He says* "Don't we have enough on our 'plate' already?" *Slight chuckles* 

Just now, Rakawan said:

"No one to watch your back?" He demands. "Then why are you here? Everyone needs someone to back them up."

His eyes narrow.

"One man short?" He demands. "Are there not five of you, or did someone stay back and sleep?"

"Yes,sir there are five of us. We just couldn't figure out the correct positions"

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Immune to standard void-based powers, immune to physical force, semi-translucent, of semi-humanoid looks, wore a cloak with a hood of sorts, quite nimble"

"What happened when you attacked it?" He asks. "Did it move or stand still?"

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Immune to standard void-based powers, immune to physical force, semi-translucent, of semi-humanoid looks, wore a cloak with a hood of sorts, quite nimble"

"You don't think this is another like Councillor Kiri, do you?"  Richard asked Ryoko.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*He turns to the First Masters*

"Was there a test that you had the initiates go through, any physical test?"

"W-what do y-you mean test?  I d-don't like taking t-tests, y-you know that."

"Gathering melted snow, barefoot, to brew tea every morning before the sun or I rose." One says. "Two weeks of that would test anyone's resolve."

"Sitting with a jar of water in their heads." Another said. "For three days."

Edited by Rakawan

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I think." He says. "That this goes back further."

"In which case I am now certain that there is little more I can do here but stand here and pretend to listen.  If you'll excuse me?"

With an exaggerated tug on the pointy end of the right side of his helmet, he vanished.

Edited by Yzjdriel

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He look over* "Why whuold they attack such?" *He says* "Don't we have enough on our 'plate' already?" *Slight chuckles* 

"Because the Council is the government." She says. "If they take one out..."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Gathering melted snow to brew tea every m

"No.  A test of endurance of the mind is needed, not one of privilege.  Sarah, could you give me some privacy?"

"Okay!  I d-dont know w-why you need some, but I d-don't mind."

*She skips off, almost out of earshot.  Stabilis motions for his group to move closer.  He spoke in a soft voice*

"I do not think she knows what she is.  And I do not know if I wan to tell her, and ruin her bliss, or keep her in this state of ignorance.  She is reliving her happiest moments, and I do not want to take that away.  At he same time, it is a prison.  What should I do?"

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

5 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"I took it upon myself to guard this spot alone. Sir." Sol was clearly flustered ((bbl))

"Then drop and give me twenty." He says. "And when o swing back around I better improvements."

He stalks out of view.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"What happened when you attacked it?" He asks. "Did it move or stand still?"

"It was on the move while I tried to intercept it. Phased through the shots like one of those folklore ghosts and retreated through a window shortly after"

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"No.  A test of endurance is needed, not one of privilege.  Sarah, could you give me some privacy?"

"Okay!  I d-dont know w-why you need some, but I d-don't mind."

*She skips off, almost out of earshot.  Stabilis motions for his group to move closer.  He spoke in a soft voice*

"I do not think she knows what she is.  And I do not know if I wan to tell her, and ruin her bliss, or keep her in this state of ignorance.  She is reliving her happiest moments, and I do not want to take that away.  At he same time, it is a prison.  What should I do?"

((All shades are aware of their existence as such. She would know even if she didn't say so.))

"They say ignorance be bliss." Nikolai says. "But I've found that it can lead to quite a shock."

"We have made peace with what we are." The Spirits say. "She should know, if she does not, them she will never truly be at peace."

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"It was on the move while I tried to intercept it. Phased through the shots like one of those folklore ghosts and retreated through a window shortly after"

He pales.

"There is only one thing I know of that matches that description." He says. "And it is neither ghost nor Tenno."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((All shades are aware of their existence as such. She would know even if she didn't say so.))

"They say ignorance be bliss." Nikolai says. "But I've found that it can lead to quite a shock."

"We have made peace with what we are." The Spirits say. "She should know, if she does not, them she will never truly be at peace."

"If you all already know, is it not possible to wipe some of your memories, or supress them?"

*He looks to sarah, who has found the sand very interesting, making swirls in it*

"I know she is but an echoe, but still, it is her."

Just now, Rakawan said:

He pales.

"There is only one thing I know of that matches that description." He says. "And it is neither ghost nor Tenno."

Therese frowned and folded her hands, obviously waiting for the clear answer.

Just now, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"If you all already know, is it not possible to wipe some of your memories, or supress them?"

*He looks to sarah, who has found the sand very interesting, making swirls in it*

"I know she is but an echoe, but still, it is her."

"We cannot tell you how to proceed." The Soirits say. "Already it strains our concentration to differentiate ourselves. With a Master chosen the book no longer a divided us into our separate forms."

They seems to drift closer and lose consistency. Sarah also seems to grow dimmer.

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese frowned and folded her hands, obviously waiting for the clear answer.

"Three years ago, before this planet was settled, I proposed a project to empower humans to fight back." He says. "The Proto-soldiers where the result. Humans wielding warframe tech without abilities."

He rubs his temple.

"There where two others that followed suit." He says. "Tsun and Nia. Tsun wanted to develop infiltrators. He was particularly interested in the tech used by Manics."

He mutters something about the demons of his past refusing to sleep.

"Both lost faith in the Lotus after the events in Uranus." He said. "The revelation if what she was. They tried to kill her, and my clan was called to stop them."

He begins to pace.

"I found that Tsun had become... unhinged." He says. "He and Nia had been... experimenting.  We saved those we could, mostly innocent civilians, and put the others out of their misery. The Council ordered their research destroyed, even I no longer have records of it. It was classified as inhumane and expunged from record."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We cannot tell you how to proceed." The Soirits say. "Already it strains our concentration to differentiate ourselves. With a Master chosen the book no longer a divided us into our separate forms."

They seems to drift closer and lose consistency. Sarah also seems to grow dimmer.

"Why does she fade?  What manner of cruelty is this?"

*His voice was losing some of its kindness, growing harsher.*

"If you are taking her with you, then stop.  Nikolai, you are welcome to visit me in the temple if you want."

*Stabilis walks back to the temple, thinking that it would help keep Sarah.*

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Why does she fade?  What manner of cruelty is this?"

*His voice was losing some of its kindness, growing harsher.*

"If you are taking her with you, then stop.  Nikolai, you are welcome to visit me in the temple if you want."

*Stabilis walks back to the temple, thinking that it would help keep Sarah.*

"We cannot stop this." The spirits say. You can hear Sarah's voice among them. "We are not fading, we are finding peace. If you need our wisdom you have but to ask."

They fade away before you can reach the Temple. However you can still sense their presence. It seems to flow through the world.