The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tak vanishes in a flash of light, reappearing down in the courtyard. 

"This temple is for all who seek wisdom." He says. "Its halls have been rather empty of life lately. I would not object if you choose to stay here and house some aspirants."

Nikolai stands outside the door.

"Stabilis!" He bellows. "I brought me lads."

"Good. And I have a test in mind for them. Come this way"

*Stabilis leads them inside, then turns to Tak*

"Where would be the best place for a duel?"

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks around* "So, where are the guys comein from?" *He says* "After a nice meal, its a shame to see things crash"

"If I knew there would be only bodies." Dirge said. "Corpses of would be assassins."

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Good. And I have a test in mind for them. Come this way"

*Stabilis leads them inside, then turns to Tak*

"Where would be the best place for a duel?"

"This courtyard." Tak says. "A good chance to showcase students learning."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"If I knew there would be only bodies." Dirge said. "Corpses of would be assassins."

*Zaeed looks around to see who else is in here* "So, I've got Sam and Brandon and Seven, I think I can handle this, Drige, Im sure you don't want to be stuck in here, gaurd duty, its ok, I can handle this"

3 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks around to see who else is in here* "So, I've got Sam and Brandon and Seven, I think I can handle this, Drige, Im sure you don't want to be stuck in here, gaurd duty, its ok, I can handle this"

"It's my job." He says. "Orders from the Council. The Chairman is not supposed to leave my sight."

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"This courtyard." Tak says. "A good chance to showcase students learning."

"Very well."

*He turns to the newcomers*

"Those who wish to become a wall, this is the place for you.  This is no place for aggression, nor for attacks.  If this is not what you seek, then you might leave.  If it is what you seek, then step forwards."

*He reaches down an guides a large boulder to the surface*

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"Oh, right" *He says* "Never mind then" *He keeps his guard up* "So, Seven..can I call you that?" *He snickers* "Do you have a tuxedo?"

"Can't think of anything that might happen in the next few years that I'd need one for." He says. 

He wipes out a glass and grabs another.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Can't think of anything that might happen in the next few years that I'd need one for." He says. 

He wipes out a glass and grabs another.

*Zaeed snorts, trying not burst into laugher* "Just...wondering, tho I have to ask, do you like weddings?" *He is trying to pass the time, by being stupid*

3 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Very well."

*He turns to the newcomers*

"Those who wish to become a wall, this is the place for you.  This is no place for aggression, nor for attacks.  If this is not what you seek, then you might leave.  If it is what you seek, then step forwards."

*He reaches down an guides a large boulder to the surface*

All but a handful turn and leave. Some grumbling about wasted time.

Nikolai and five others still stand. They take a step forward.

"I can't promise I won't ever throw a punch again." Nikolai says. "But I'm willing to try letting my enemies break themselves upon me."

Just now, Rakawan said:

All but a handful turn and leave. Some grumbling about wasted time.

Nikolai and five others still stand. They take a step forward.

"I can't promise I won't ever throw a punch again." Nikolai says. "But I'm willing to try letting my enemies break themselves upon me."

*Stabilis smiles, then picks up the rock, and sets it on Nikolai's shoulders.  Golems rise, and place similar stone on the other's shoulders.*

"Your test is simple:  Do not drop the stone."

*The rocks grow in weight, and a magnetic field can be felt.  The rocks continue to grow heavier*

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed snorts, trying not burst into laugher* "Just...wondering, tho I have to ask, do you like weddings?" *He is trying to pass the time, by being stupid*

Seven opens his mouth to respond and something shatters the window.

"Grenade." Dirge yells. 

Seven drops below the counter. Dirge leaps on top of the bomb.

Sam grabs Brandon and vaults the counter, darting for the kitchen.

Once inside she sets him down and turns to face the door.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Seven opens his mouth to respond and something shatters the window.

"Grenade." Dirge yells. 

Seven drops below the counter. Dirge leaps on top of the bomb.

Sam grabs Brandon and vaults the counter, darting for the kitchen.

Once inside she sets him down and turns to face the door.

*Zaeed is too distracted being a .a.ss of himself, he is blown back by the grande as it explodes, he is throw over the counter* "DAHHH!"

Edited by -Platinum-

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis smiles, then picks up the rock, and sets it on Nikolai's shoulders.  Golems rise, and place similar stone on the other's shoulders.*

"Your test is simple:  Do not drop the stone."

*The rocks grow in weight, and a magnetic field can be felt.  The rocks continue to grow heavier*

Nikolai grins beneath his helmet and rolls his shoulders, grabbing the rocks and holding them up. The others do so as well.

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed is too distracted being a .a.ss of himself, he is blown back by the grande as it explodes, he is throw over the counter* "DAHHH!"

Seven rolls upright, his Hek in his hands. Several hooded shapes leap through the window. Dirge turns to engage them.

Sam runs out to grab you, dragging you back into the kitchen.

Just now, Rakawan said:

Nikolai grins beneath his helmet and rolls his shoulders, grabbing the rocks and holding them up. The others do so as well.

*Sabilis walks around them*

"What will you do, when there is only yourself, and your strength.  How will you persevere through the impossible odds?"

*The rocks grow heavier*

"Who will you look to?  You look to the pillars.  But, there are none."

*he stones continue to grow heavier.  It seems as if they will hold the weight of a planet itself soon*

"You are the pillars, the foundation of courage.  People shall look to you for strength, and you shall give it to them.  Yield, give up, and face your pleasantries.  Walk away, for this fight is not of your own.  This fight is another's, so why would you push yourself?  Answer."

14 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sabilis walks around them*

"What will you do, when there is only yourself, and your strength.  How will you persevere through the impossible odds?"

*The rocks grow heavier*

"Who will you look to?  You look to the pillars.  But, there are none."

*he stones continue to grow heavier.  It seems as if they will hold the weight of a planet itself soon*

"You are the pillars, the foundation of courage.  People shall look to you for strength, and you shall give it to them.  Yield, give up, and face your pleasantries.  Walk away, for this fight is not of your own.  This fight is another's, so why would you push yourself?  Answer."

Nikolai locks his legs as the weight increases. 

As the weight nears unbearable force he takes a staggering step towards another Brawler, then another.

"Who will I turn to?" He asks. "My brothers."

The one near him falters.

He braces his shoulders against the others. More struggle over. They lean together, sharing the weight of what feels like a world.

"So long as there is one who struggles, and I can aid him." He says. "Then he will be my brother and I will be his. We will become pillars."

Their legs begin to shake, their breathing becomes strained.

"Mountains crumble." He says. "But pillars share the weight. They Endure!"

He struggles to turn to look at you.

"Why push myself for another?" He asks. "Because. We. Can."

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Nikolai locks his legs as the weight increases. 

As the weight nears unbearable force he takes a staggering step towards another Brawler, then another.

"Who will I turn to?" He asks. "My brothers."

The one near him falters.

He braces his shoulders against the others. More struggle over. They lean together, sharing the weight of what feels like a world.

"So long as there is one who struggles, and I can aid him." He says. "Then he will be my brother and I will be his."

Their legs begin to shake, their breathing becomes strained.

"Pillars crumble." He says. "But mountains. Endure!"

He struggles to turn to look at you.

"Why push myself for another?" He asks. "Because. We. Can."

*Stabilis snaps, and the stones explode harmlessly.*

"Well done.  You have passed.  You have sought out the help of your brothers, and you refused to back down.  You are now Telamon.  Enduring.  Come now, let us celebrate."

*He turns to ask Tak where they can set up a base, when a skinny boy shouts*

HEY!  I wan in!

*He is bone skinny, almost as if he had malnutrition.  He wore a simple plad shirt, and ragged kackies.  His hair was tasseled, looking more like a nest.* 

*Stabilis snaps, and the stones explode harmlessly.*

"Well done.  You have passed.  You have sought out the help of your brothers, and you refused to back down.  You are now Telamon.  Enduring.  Come now, let us celebrate."

*He turns to ask Tak where they can set up a base, when a skinny boy shouts*

HEY!  I wan in!

*He is bone skinny, almost as if he had malnutrition.  He wore a simple plad shirt, and ragged kackies.  His hair was tasseled, looking more like a nest.* 

One of the brawlers laughs derisively and Nikolai turns to him.

"Do not mock the lad, Telakus." He says. "Have you forgotten when you first came to me with a similar request?"

Nikolai looks at him.

"Bones that break heal stronger." He says. "Your bones look brittle, they may be broken many times before you are strong as we are. Is that a risk you are willing to take?"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Something is messing with the power, it flickers the lights, before attempting to shatter them, to make them useless, black smoke begins to fill the room* "Sammmmmmm" *The voice cries out*

Sam turns. 

Just now, Rakawan said:

One of the brawlers laughs derisively and Nikolai turns to him.

"Do not mock the lad, Telakus." He says. "Have you forgotten when you first came to me with a similar request?"

Nikolai looks at him.

"Bones that break heal stronger." He says. "Your bones look brittle, they may be broken many times before you are strong as we are. Is that a risk you are willing to take?"

You sound like a bully.  I don like no bully.  Big Tenno, give me a rock.

*Stabilis walks closer to the boy, and places a rock on his shoulders.*

"I will not go easy on you."

*The magnetic field returned, and the boy's legs began to shake.*

"You are forgotten.  You are empty.  Why do you bother with this might?  You can disappear, and no one would care.  answer."

*The boy strains from the weight*

I.  will.  Nah.  Back.  DOWN!.

*He crumples under the stone, stopping in a semi-kneeling position.*

You sound like a bully.  I don like no bully.  Big Tenno, give me a rock.

*Stabilis walks closer to the boy, and places a rock on his shoulders.*

"I will not go easy on you."

*The magnetic field returned, and the boy's legs began to shake.*

"You are forgotten.  You are empty.  Why do you bother with this might?  You can disappear, and no one would care.  answer."

*The boy strains from the weight*

I.  will.  Nah.  Back.  DOWN!.

*He crumples under the stone, stopping in a semi-kneeling position.*

Nikolai sinks to a knee before the child. He grabs the boy's limbs, shifting them.

"Like this." He says. "Lock your legs, distribute the weight, shift it to other muscles if some get tired."

As the weight increases the other brawlers stand around him.

"Looks like bonebag has muscles." Telakus says. "Maybe... maybe... you have some potential. I doubt you can hold that much longer.

One by one the others join in, offering encouragement in an almost teasing way, as if trying to goad him on. To make him angry and convince him to tap that anger.