The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Tsun doubles over.

"Why did I even give this body those? I don't even need em." He groans. "By the Void I forgot how much that hurt!"

Tak simply watches him.

*Stabilis has pulled Sarah out of kicking range, and looks to Tak*

"If there is no need for us, then we would like to retire for the night.  Do you know of any place near here?"

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Stabilis has pulled Sarah out of kicking range, and looks to Tak*

"If there is no need for us, then we would like to retire for the night.  Do you know of any place near here?"

"You may room at the monastary." He says. "I will take you there."

The streets are filled with armored guards, watching over houses. Tak and the other Keeper combine their power and teleport the assembled tenno and shades back to the monastery.

15 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese's bort computer made a quiet beep, informing that the connection with her boss has been re-established. For some reason, the raid took half a day longer than it was initially expected. Anyway, someone will have helluva time exchanging information and providing reports.

She walked from the hall, witnessing her assistant having a nap while standing and leaning against the wall close to the doorway. Seems like this walrus can fall asleep anywhere and in any position. She bumped him for a couple of times, forcing to wake up. 

"Did you break that mastodon?"
"Aye. Tho the vehicle is sweet, it would benefit from having modular construction"
"You'd better tell that to whoever projected it. Now, if I remember correctly, you was bound to have a chat with Seven, aren't you?"
he looked at her apologetically
"Sweat not. I suspected that you may take more time than expected, so I covered that bulk of work"
"So what are we doing now?"
"Well, the big boss went online, so I'll have to proceed to the 'thrilling' job of reporting. You may spend those four hours however you like; just don't make me ashamed of your adventures"
Seems like the answer satisfied the man and he simply nodded in agreement

Within the nearest minutes, she proceeded back to the posh (but yet fabric made) tent, while he took a jog to the bar he visited two days ago, hoping to meet someone familiar

The bar is open.

Candles burn on shelves and the mood is grim.

There is a picture of a man, a heavyset cook, on the counter.

Several Archons are at the bar, drinking. Cody and Rex also sit there, in uniform, their heads hung.

The bar is open.

Candles burn on shelves and the mood is grim.

There is a picture of a man, a heavyset cook, on the counter.

Several Archons are at the bar, drinking. Cody and Rex also sit there, in uniform, their heads hung.

Not exactly the atmosphere he wanted to see in here, but turning back would probably be indecent. He stocked his gear and took a seat in between the two archons who seem particularly grim. 

"Assault victim?" he asked laconically

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Not exactly the atmosphere he wanted to see in here, but turning back would probably be indecent. He stocked his gear and took a seat in between the two archons who seem particularly grim. 

"Assault victim?" he asked laconically

"A hero." Cody says. "Killed by that Harbinger fellow."

He raises a glass.

"A good cook." He says. "And a great man."

The others raise a glass and repeat it. 

"Tell another tale about old Marco." Someone says.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Sam follows them.

"Can you heal him?" She asked Katherine.

((They've teleported.  Richard took a second to move Lydia to the room to keep contact with them.))

48 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed cries in pain, he is still holding his face, to help the bleeding* "I.ughh..why..why do I always end up hurt?, am I magnetic to pain?, if I was a father I whuold be spending my time in a morgue!, or sleeping on the sofa!"

((See above ooc comment, mobile is dumb))

1 minute ago, CelestialSabre said:

Sol nods "Very well, sir"

A while later a new set of guards comes to relieve you.

Once you are back at the quarters John tears off his helmet and begins pacing.

"We're doomed." He says. "Doomed doomed doomed."

Nick and Mick simply change in the assigned rooms and fall into their bunks. 

One frantically leafs through books as if looking for something.

Just now, Rakawan said:

A while later a new set of guards comes to relieve you.

Once you are back at the quarters John tears off his helmet and begins pacing.

"We're doomed." He says. "Doomed doomed doomed."

Nick and Mick simply change in the assigned rooms and fall into their bunks. 

One frantically leafs through books as if looking for something.

"Why do you say that, John?"

"A hero." Cody says. "Killed by that Harbinger fellow."

He raises a glass.

"A good cook." He says. "And a great man."

The others raise a glass and repeat it. 

"Tell another take about old Marco." Someone says.

"Oi, pour me some wormwood ale!" Ulf ordered the beverage mostly for the sake of not being a white crow

"Did he leave anyone past him?" He asked the archons

Just now, CelestialSabre said:

"Why do you say that, John?"

"The Trials." He says. "Tests meant to assess mastery at the end of one's training."

He looks at you.

"Without fail every team of recruits that has attempted them has failed, and been hospitalized. They are impossible." He says. "They require you to know everything. Not just about your team but even about the trials. You have to know what the others will do, what the triala could involve. There is no guide, no clues."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"The Trials." He says. "Tests meant to assess mastery at the end of one's training."

He looks at you.

"Without fail every team of recruits that has attempted them has failed, and been hospitalized. They are impossible." He says. "They require you to know everything. Not just about your team but even about the trials. You have to know what the others will do, what the triala could involve. There is no guide, no clues."

"I guess that means well have to do some snooping around"

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Oi, pour me some wormwood ale!" Ulf ordered the beverage mostly for the sake of not being a white crow

"Did he leave anyone past him?" He asked the archons

"His nephew and sister." Cody says.

The door opens and a youth walks through. 

"Meridian moonshine." Seth says. "And pour one out for my uncle."

He is obviously Tenno, and the way he carries himself reminds out of the Rhino's you have seen outside council chambers.

He does not look old enough to drink. But no one seems to want to oppose him.

People crowd around him, patting his back or offering whispered condolences.

3 minutes ago, CelestialSabre said:

"I guess that means well have to do some snooping around"

"Even that is not allowed." John says,even as he speak the door locks. "Entering the trial room before the date and time of a trial is punishable by exile."

One rifles through a book, tracing words, then finding another book and flipping to a set of pages.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"His nephew and sister." Cody says.

The door opens and a youth walks through. 

"Meridian moonshine." Seth says. "And pour one out for my uncle."

He is obviously Tenno, and the way he carries himself reminds out of the Rhino's you have seen outside council chambers.

He does not look old enough to drink. But no one seems to want to oppose him.

People crowd around him, patting his back or offering whispered condolences.

"Unlike those who perished completely alone, this one will be remembered, at the very least" He answered.

Seeing the scene of a youngster who is obviously a nephew to the deceased, he told to the bartender "I'll pay for this one's hootch" 

Just now, Teloch said:

"Unlike those who perished completely alone, this one will be remembered, at the very least" He answered.

Seeing the scene of a youngster who is obviously a nephew to the deceased, he told to the bartender "I'll pay for this one's hootch" 

The rest of the night passes with stories about the deceased. It appears he was an avid diver and submersible pilot, with a penchant for pranks. He was well respected by all, if disliked by a small few. He was a kind man who knew more than he said, and learned more than he taught.

((Then Sam went to the hospital.))

((The door to the operating room is locked, but the windowed wall offers a clear view of the table.  Zaeed is on an IV, Katherine and Richard bent over his face.))

Katherine handed Richard a tool that looked like a cross between an eyelash curler and a scalpel, then stood up.  A bright flash filled the room and Zaeed's head was obscured from view.

Standing back, she peeled off her gloves and looked around.  Seeing Sam, she heads for the door and steps outside the room.  Before it closes you hear a grunt of frustration.

"Believe it or not, there is a part of the body that Richard knows more about fixing than I do."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Even that is not allowed." John says,even as he speak the door locks. "Entering the trial room before the date and time of a trial is punishable by exile."

One rifles through a book, tracing words, then finding another book and flipping to a set of pages.

Sol grimaces "D@mn"

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((The door to the operating room is locked, but the windowed wall offers a clear view of the table.  Zaeed is on an IV, Katherine and Richard bent over his face.))

Katherine handed Richard a tool that looked like a cross between an eyelash curler and a scalpel, then stood up.  A bright flash filled the room and Zaeed's head was obscured from view.

Standing back, she peeled off her gloves and looked around.  Seeing Sam, she heads for the door and steps outside the room.  Before it closes you hear a grunt of frustration.

"Believe it or not, there is a part of the body that Richard knows more about fixing than I do."

(( is Zaeed awake?, cuz he'll want to suggest something first, Also can you please change that purple, can barely read it))

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

(( is Zaeed awake?, cuz he'll want to suggest something first, Also can you please change that purple, can barely read it))

((His eyes are being operated on, so that's a 'no'.  And no, sorry, I'm not changing Katherine's speech color just because you're on the forum dark theme.  You can highlight the text with your cursor if the contrast is bad.))