The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

47 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You may room at the monastary." He says. "I will take you there."

The streets are filled with armored guards, watching over houses. Tak and the other Keeper combine their power and teleport the assembled tenno and shades back to the monastery.

*Stabilis walks back to the room he was staying in, carrying Sarah in his arms.  He laid her on the bed before taking off his armor.*

"Sarah, do you want to see a therapist?"

W-why?  I, I can g-get it under control.  I c-can.

"I know, but still, therapy will help.  And you've seen this planet; of tenno, for tenno.  I'm certain that they will have someone who can deal with tennos, and shades."

*Sarah sighs, her hands moving up to rub her face*

I s-suppose I could g-give it a shot.  It c-cant hurt, r-right?

*Stabilis nods, and pulls out a sketch book.  He draws one of the manics from earlier, then, when he is done, lays down and closes his eyes.  Sarah lays next to him.*

A message popped up at Melanie's HUD

"Just as I promised, here's the detailed agenda of my boss' upcoming visit in the direct order:

- The negotiations over possible garrison placement (I knew it!) with you
- Delivery and distribution of the free of charge material aid to local tenno combatants (expect primed guns)
- Negotiations with Miraalaners over projects (no additional intel on this one, but you don't have to be a detective to know what will they discuss)
- Monastery visit (sounds more like it is his personal interest than an actual business matter)
- (optional) Free hours (It is up to you to decide whether you would like to book additional negotiations, make offers, inquire, or provide an entertaining or an orientation program. In short, "no tie" time)

Sorry for replying that late, I'm just fulfilling my earlier promise.

Have a good night."

After sending this message, Therese prepared to have some nap. She decided against falling deeply asleep, remembering about the fanatics incident; what encouraged her, was the chance that soon there might be an outpost of her comrades and she will not have to spend yet another day in the tent.

A random thought shot out of the blue, bare moments before she dozed out ... Kitten library tho ...

Edited by Teloch

*Sarah dreamt the nightmare that she has alway had.

She was running through the monastery, being chased by everyone that ever wanted her dead.  Shouts of traitor, of coward, could be heard from the mob.  Every corner she turned was met with another angry face.  She slid under a door, closing it all the way, and then latching it.  She was in an orokin temple now, in the center and executioner's block.  She backed against the wall, slumping down, tears running down her face.  The tears felt like boiling water.  Suddenly, a puff of black smoke.  The smoke rose, shifting into a shape that was distinctly human.  "Forgive me, my child.  But it must be done."  The stalkers face swam like water, changing into everyone who ever tried to help her.  He rose his crooked scythe, and brought it down onto her.  She woke with a start, the world still dark.  Stabilis slept peacefully.  Sarah moved over, holding on to him as she had done so many times in her past life.  And like so many nights before, she laid there, shivering with fear.*

52 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah dreamt the nightmare that she has alway had.

She was running through the monastery, being chased by everyone that ever wanted her dead.  Shouts of traitor, of coward, could be heard from the mob.  Every corner she turned was met with another angry face.  She slid under a door, closing it all the way, and then latching it.  She was in an orokin temple now, in the center and executioner's block.  She backed against the wall, slumping down, tears running down her face.  The tears felt like boiling water.  Suddenly, a puff of black smoke.  The smoke rose, shifting into a shape that was distinctly human.  "Forgive me, my child.  But it must be done."  The stalkers face swam like water, changing into everyone who ever tried to help her.  He rose his crooked scythe, and brought it down onto her.  She woke with a start, the world still dark.  Stabilis slept peacefully.  Sarah moved over, holding on to him as she had done so many times in her past life.  And like so many nights before, she laid there, shivering with fear.*

During the night you feel a presence touch your thoughts like moonlight. 

"Sleep child." A voice says. "And be troubled no more. When you have risen seem after Namira."

The soft peal of a bell heralds a start of the day for the monastery folks. Shades continue in their tasks, the few that choose to "sleep" rising at the same time they always do, as if driven by clockwork.

Tak steps out onto the balcony eh and begins to meditate. Two other Keepers and the Acolyte Keeper join him. Tsun chooses his own lad and sits, apart from the others.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

A message popped up at Melanie's HUD

"Just as I promised, here's the detailed agenda of my boss' upcoming visit in the direct order:

- The negotiations over possible garrison placement (I knew it!) with you
- Delivery and distribution of the free of charge material aid to local tenno combatants (expect primed guns)
- Negotiations with Miraalaners over projects (no additional intel on this one, but you don't have to be a detective to know what will they discuss)
- Monastery visit (sounds more like it is his personal interest than an actual business matter)
- (optional) Free hours (It is up to you to decide whether you would like to book additional negotiations, make offers, inquire, or provide an entertaining or an orientation program. In short, "no tie" time)

Sorry for replying that late, I'm just fulfilling my earlier promise.

Have a good night."

After sending this message, Therese prepared to have some nap. She decided against falling deeply asleep, remembering about the fanatics incident; what encouraged her, was the chance that soon there might be an outpost of her comrades and she will not have to spend yet another day in the tent.

A random thought shot out of the blue, bare moments before she dozed out ... Kitten library tho ...

A soft scratching sound comes from the tent flap. 

"Meow!" A kavat mewls.

There is a sound of ripping cloth and fur on canvas and then something baps you on the head/helmet. 

"Meow?" A kavat mewls again.

Edited by Rakawan

18 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice sighed, not really caring anymore. She closed the door to the guestroom, scribbling a quick glyph on it before heading to her room.

After she reached her room, she closed the door, locked it, and slid down to the floor against it, her feet touching the ground after quite a long time. He face mask retracted, revealing her tear soaked eyes and the sounds of crying, getting gradually worse each minute. During the mission, that smile she had was just another mask, hiding her sorrow and sadness.

Knowing Sai'ah's reasons and understanding still didn't get her one step closer to being OK with it. She just sat there until morning, a complete wreck, the door hiding her crying from the outside world.

A small knock on the door wakes you.

You can smell and hear the signs of cooking from upstairs. 

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

((The door to the operating room is locked, but the windowed wall offers a clear view of the table.  Zaeed is on an IV, Katherine and Richard bent over his face.))

Katherine handed Richard a tool that looked like a cross between an eyelash curler and a scalpel, then stood up.  A bright flash filled the room and Zaeed's head was obscured from view.

Standing back, she peeled off her gloves and looked around.  Seeing Sam, she heads for the door and steps outside the room.  Before it closes you hear a grunt of frustration.

"Believe it or not, there is a part of the body that Richard knows more about fixing than I do."

Sam wakes in the waiting room and approaches the desk.

"Is Zaeed okay?" She asks. "May I see him?"

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

During the night you feel a presence touch your thoughts like moonlight. 

"Sleep child." A voice says. "And be troubled no more. When you have risen seem after Namira."

The soft peal of a bell heralds a start of the day for the monastery folks. Shades continue in their tasks, the few that choose to "sleep" rising at the same time they always do, as if driven by clockwork.

Tak steps out onto the balcony eh and begins to meditate. Two other Keepers and the Acolyte Keeper join him. Tsun chooses his own lad and sits, apart from the others.

*Sarah rises, careful not to disturb Stabilis. She stands, looking for something to dress herself, then remembers that she cannot. She sighs, and walks out. The name still rattling in her head: Namira. She walks to one of the passer by's*

Excuse me, but do y-you know of a N-namira?

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Sam wakes in the waiting room and approaches the desk.

"Is Zaeed okay?" She asks. "May I see him?"

"He's alive," Richard said from behind her.  He put his hand on her shoulder.  "Come on, you.  Let's go talk to your boyfriend."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah rises, careful not to disturb Stabilis. She stands, looking for something to dress herself, then remembers that she cannot. She sighs, and walks out. The name still rattling in her head: Namira. She walks to one of the passer by's*

Excuse me, but do y-you know of a N-namira?

The shade ignores you.

"These people know nothing!" The voice snaps, then seems to calm. "Go to the city, child. To the Healers. She will be there."

The voice is masculine. The irritation worries you, but the advice it gives is given with almost a brotherly and concerned tone.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"He's alive," Richard said from behind her.  He put his hand on her shoulder.  "Come on, you.  Let's go talk to your boyfriend."

Sam follows him.

"Will he be okay?" She starts.

"Doctor." A voice says. "Where might I find the Trader?"

Baro walks into the office. He looks well-groomed as always. What hour does he get up at?

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The shade ignores you.

"These people know nothing!" The voice snaps, then seems to calm. "Go to the city, child. To the Healers. She will be there."

The voice is masculine. The irritation worries you, but the advice it gives is given with almost a brotherly and concerned tone.

*Sarah oblidges. She leaves to monastery and heads to the city, looking for anything that could be of the healers.*

W-who are y-you? And w-why do y-you talk in my m-mind?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah oblidges. She leaves to monastery and heads to the city, looking for anything that could be of the healers.*

W-who are y-you? And w-why do y-you talk in my m-mind?

"Name's Rip." He says. You receive an image of a blond young man standing over a stove. He is cooking eggs and bacon. "I don't really know how I do. I was out for a 'walk' and I sensed your nightmare. I used to help my little sister with hers, I guess you reminded me of her."

Edited by Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam follows him.

"Will he be okay?" She starts.

"Doctor." A voice says. "Where might I find the Trader?"

Baro walks into the office. He looks well-groomed as always. What hour does he get up at?

Richard stopped to look at Ki'Teer.

"Hello, Baro.  If you're looking for the Doctor, she's back thataway." he indicated the way they'd come with a thumb over his shoulder.  "If you're looking for Zaeed, I'm afraid visitors are limited to 'family only' for the time being."

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Richard stopped to look at Ki'Teer.

"Hello, Baro.  If you're looking for the Doctor, she's back thataway." he indicated the way they'd come with a thumb over his shoulder.  "If you're looking for Zaeed, I'm afraid visitors are limited to 'family only' for the time being."

He looks at Sam.

"Then could you bring him his for me." He says. He hands her a small wristband. It is an Orokin made personal shield generator.

"Tell him I wish him good health." He says. "Now I have a store to run."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Name's Rip." He says. You receive an image of a blond young man standing over a stove. He is cooking eggs and bacon. "I don't really know how I do. I was out for a 'walk' and I sensed your nightmare. I used to help my little sister with hers, I guess you reminded me of her."

W-wait, I remind y-you of a little girl?

*She starts to chuckle, her usual grin starting to return. She continues to look for the healer building*

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

W-wait, I remind y-you of a little girl?

*She starts to chuckle, her usual grin starting to return. She continues to look for the healer building*

He does not respond and you no longer sense his presence.

The Healer building is in the city. It is rather easy to find. An attendant looks down at you.

"Are you lost little girl?" She asks. 

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He does not respond and you no longer sense his presence.

The Healer building is in the city. It is rather easy to find. An attendant looks down at you.

"Are you lost little girl?" She asks. 

*Sarah looks up at her*

L-little girl? How old do I l-look to y-you?

*She crosses her arms across her chest, her smile taking on a slightly more worried tone*

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He looks at Sam.

"Then could you bring him his for me." He says. He hands her a small wristband. It is an Orokin-made personal shield generator.

"Tell him I wish him good health." He says. "Now I have a store to run."

"Good Fortune, Trader."  Richard turned to lead Sam down the hall.

"He'll be okay.  His eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, but with glasses or implants it will probably come close."

He pushed open the door to Zaeed's room and motioned for her to go inside.  "I'll let you two talk.  Be out here if you need me."

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah looks up at her*

L-little girl? How old do I l-look to y-you?

*She crosses her arms across her chest, her smile taking on a slightly more worried tone*

The receptionist, a very old woman, looks down.

"All you youngsters look the same to me." She says. "Do you have an appointment?"

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"He'll be okay.  His eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, but with glasses or implants it will probably come close."

He pushed open the door to Zaeed's room and motioned for her to go inside.  "I'll let you two talk.  Be out here if you need me."

Sam cautiously enters the room.

"Zaeed." She calls. "I brought a gift, you'll never guess who it's from."

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

*Zaeed is awake, groaning in pain* "Urghh, This day can't get any..wrose"