The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Many of the inhabitants of this city have untapped potential." He says. "The Colonies they are from lack the resources or drive to discover this."

*He Chuckles* "I just have to add you to the family book, if this keeps up, Sure the wife needs a good cooker, I can prep meals, but nothing this fancy"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Chuckles* "I just have to add you to the family book, if this keeps up, Sure the wife needs a good cooker, I can prep meals, but nothing this fancy"

"And which wife would that be?" Baro asks.

Sam sets down her utensils.

"Well this is a pickle." She says. 

She leans forward.

"It better not be me, because that's a lot of commitment to ask from a girl, before even a first date." She says. "But on the other hand it better not be someone else, because I am rather territorial."

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I did not." She says. "But I suspect you will remedy that."

She sighs.

"People get along." She says. "As well as they can with Tenno walking the streets."

She says the word like they are mythical beasts. 

"Its Maxim. But most just call me Max. ". When she said Tenno, he grimiced only slightly. "Why do you say Tenno with such a tone? You do know their scientific classification, Dont you?"  He scratched the faintest of scars on his left cheekbone, right next to his eye. He listened to her breath, her heart beat, trying to determine if she fears or reveres the Tenno. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"Its Maxim. But most just call me Max. ". When she said Tenno, he grimiced only slightly. "Why do you say Tenno with such a tone? You do know their scientific classification, Dont you?"  He scratched the faintest of scars on his left cheekbone, right next to his eye. He listened to her breath, her heart beat, trying to determine if she fears or reveres the Tenno. 

From her vitals you can tell she both fears and revers them.

"I do not." She says. "But I know the layman's term. They are killing machines, living weapons. I've seen them tear through Grineer leaving nothing but piles of metal and pulp."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And which wife would that be?" Baro asks.

Sam sets down her utensils.

"Well this is a pickle." She says. 

She leans forward.

"It better not be me, because that's a lot of commitment to ask from a girl, before even a first date." She says. "But on the other hand it better not be someone else, because I am rather territorial."

*Zaeed looks to sam, then lowers more down to his seat* "I...will shut up..now.." 

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

From her vitals you can tell she both fears and revers them.

"I do not." She says. "But I know the layman's term. They are killing machines, living weapons. I've seen them tear through Grineer leaving nothing but piles of metal and pulp."

Max chuckles at her description of what she's seen them do.  "And I have seen a few well trained normal humans do the same thing.  They just use bigger swords, and take more time is all.  The classification of Tenno, is Homo Sapien.  Just like us.  What makes them Tenno is a minor mutation in the genome that lets them hold void.  In fact, if you were to watch any Tenno in a social interaction, you would think that they are plain humans."  He taps his cane on the ground, letting it bounce in his hands.  He held out one hand, fingers spread as if he was about to grab something.  "Would you mind if I felt your face?  It gets offaly dull talking to a blank screen."

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The door slides down and a nosie canceling field covers it. 

Melanie moves so that she stands with her back to the door. Even in the presence of allies it did not do to develop bad habits.

"There." She says. "We have some measure of privacy."

Outside Fluffles finishes his dish and mewls. When no one responds he rolls over and mewls again. Luc steps over, the floor creaking quietly under his weight, and scratches his belly.

Felicity and Ryoko now both Dave Alan who seems to be advocating some sort of more cautious approach to the dilemma.

Teloch took off the armored collar with 'unlocked' helmet. 

"For Reason's sake, I do not imagine how does Ceforus handle all those officium talks so eagerly," he muttered with an expression of relief, after which he looked up at Melanie. 

"The garrison idea in a military-short format: from forty to sixty highly proficient irregulars who are simply afraid to ask to be tested by our regulars, from six to eight officers supervising and training them, up to fifteen non-combatants; the base, transport, weaponry, and equipment are ours, we only need a territory; any requests to participate in non-emergency operations can be directed either to Bloom or to the garrison head officer, same works for emergency alerts; the garrison will be our headquarters for now being, and our both diplomats will be placed there; our operatives will carry the same rights as the other visitors; it's up to you to raise or decrease their law status and to grant the force application permission if the situation requires such beyond walls; all law issues that would emerge should be settled with Bloom, if they are minor, or directly with me or warlord Seonah if the issue is serious; prohibit anyone from violating our garrison perimeter unless invited by Bloom or the garrison head officer"

Edited by Teloch

Max chuckles at her description of what she's seen them do.  "And I have seen a few well trained normal humans do the same thing.  They just use bigger swords, and take more time is all.  The classification of Tenno, is Homo Sapien.  Just like us.  What makes them Tenno is a minor mutation in the genome that lets them hold void.  In fact, if you were to watch any Tenno in a social interaction, you would think that they are plain humans."  He taps his cane on the ground, letting it bounce in his hands.  He held out one hand, fingers spread as if he was about to grab something.  "Would you mind if I felt your face?  It gets offaly dull talking to a blank screen."

"I would prefer not." Holly says. 

She presses something into your hands. A helmet. It feels standard issue ballistic helmet, with the design modified to incorporate the design of an archaic knights helm.

"Then you have not seen the Tenno I have." She says. "No human could replicate what they do, not with a million years of training."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I would prefer not." Holly says. 

She presses something into your hands. A helmet. It feels standard issue ballistic helmet, with the design modified to incorporate the design of an archaic knights helm.

"Then you have not seen the Tenno I have." She says. "No human could replicate what they do, not with a million years of training."

He holds his stick with his arm, using both hands to feel the helmet in detail.  "And you have not seen the Tenno as I have.  One I met actually offered to send me to the void so that I might see again.  A childish wish, honestly.  Most likely, if I were to go through the void, I would still be blind.  And yes, they do have problems, but then again, so does everyone else."  He hands the helmet back to her.  "You can't live in fear of mortal people.  And the Tenno can, and do die.  They are not gods, they are not demons."  He smiled after he was done.  "'See' the Tenno.  I haven't seen any Tenno.  Now then, since I feel I will be here a good while, I will need a place to stay.  Preferably one with an office, but exceptions can be made."

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Teloch took off the armored collar with 'unlocked' helmet. 

"For Reason's sake, I do not imagine how does Ceforus handle all those officium talks so eagerly," he muttered with an expression of relief, after which he looked up at Melanie. 

"The garrison idea in a military-short format: from forty to sixty highly proficient irregulars who are simply afraid to ask to be tested by our regulars, from six to eight officers supervising and training them, up to fifteen non-combatants; the base, transport, weaponry, and equipment are ours, we only need a territory; any requests to participate in non-emergency operations can be directed either to Bloom or to the garrison head officer, same works for emergency alerts; the garrison will be our headquarters for now being, and our both diplomats will be placed there; our operatives will carry the same rights as the other visitors; it's up to you to raise or decrease their law status and to grant the force application permission if the situation requires such beyond walls; all law issues that would emerge should be settled with Bloom, if they are minor, or directly with me or warlord Seonah if the issue is serious; prohibit anyone from violating our garrison perimeter unless invited by Bloom or the garrison head officer"

"There is the honesty that makes dealing with miliatry much easier than dealing with politicians." Melanie says. "We are prepared to grant you land. But we must be cautious how it is perceived. If we readily give up land, how long before the only human settlement is our city? At least that is what goes through the mind of the civilian."

23 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

He holds his stick with his arm, using both hands to feel the helmet in detail.  "And you have not seen the Tenno as I have.  One I met actually offered to send me to the void so that I might see again.  A childish wish, honestly.  Most likely, if I were to go through the void, I would still be blind.  And yes, they do have problems, but then again, so does everyone else."  He hands the helmet back to her.  "You can't live in fear of mortal people.  And the Tenno can, and do die.  They are not gods, they are not demons."  He smiled after he was done.  "'See' the Tenno.  I haven't seen any Tenno.  Now then, since I feel I will be here a good while, I will need a place to stay.  Preferably one with an office, but exceptions can be made."

"There are Tenno here who can call back the dead." She says. "Not just shadows of them."

She fits the helmet back onto her head.

"If you are so comfortable around Tenno I recommend the huts in their village." She says. "If you want to stay with your own kind, then I recommend the hotels here on the city."

34 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He chuckles* "How am I supposed to answer that qeastion?, I can assure you its no one else, but I..eh...yeah, after the first date, of course, I was just.." *Rubs his neck*

"So Mr. Ki'Teer." She says, turning to Baro. "How did you two meet?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"There are Tenno here who can call back the dead." She says. "Not just shadows of them."

She fits the helmet back onto her head.

"If you are so comfortable around Tenno I recommend the huts in their village." She says. "If you want to stay with your own kind, then I recommend the hotels here on the city."

His brow furrowed. "I will stay in the hotels, as it is closer. But I must ask, who has done the segregating?"  Tenno that can call back the dead? Was she serious, or was it just some scientific anomaly? 

His brow furrowed. "I will stay in the hotels, as it is closer. But I must ask, who has done the segregating?"  Tenno that can call back the dead? Was she serious, or was it just some scientific anomaly? 

"Time, myths and legends." Holly says. "None of us are going to approach the Tenno. And they may not give us reason to hate them, but they do not give us reason to love them either."

She stops.

"Well most do not." She says. "The Arbiter meets with use once in a while, and the Wraiths volunteered to assist with security. While we do not eat together, we do work together more and more."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"So Mr. Ki'Teer." She says, turning to Baro. "How did you two meet?"

*He nods and looks over* "Well, as far I can remember, with me being hospitalized, almost every day, I think I bumped into him, when I was doing one of my trades in the Relay"

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Time, myths and legends." Holly says. "None of us are going to approach the Tenno. And they may not give us reason to hate them, but they do not give us reason to love them either."

She stops.

"Well most do not." She says. "The Arbiter meets with use once in a while, and the Wraiths volunteered to assist with security. While we do not eat together, we do work together more and more."

He nods. "And so you have glimpsed the truth. Do not let their power armor deter you. I know they struggle with injuries that will not heal. Are we here?"  He could feel the resonance of the world, not truly blind. He could hear the wind flowing across the buildings, and most importantly, he could smell grass. He smiled slighlty, only noticalbe if one looked closely. He liked the landscapes, the layout. And not all hope was lost.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

He nods. "And so you have glimpsed the truth. Do not let their power armor deter you. I know they struggle with injuries that will not heal. Are we here?"  He could feel the resonance of the world, not truly blind. He could hear the wind flowing across the buildings, and most importantly, he could smell grass. He smiled slighlty, only noticalbe if one looked closely. He liked the landscapes, the layout. And not all hope was lost.

"We are getting...."

Something flows through the air, a ripple,a small pulse of void. 

You can sense several armoed forms moving towards you.

"Captain." A voice says. "Orders from the the Council."

Holly unrolls something made of paper.

"Are you sure?" She asks. 

"Yes." The voice says. "You are to gather your forces immediately."

She turns to you.

"Apologies but I must be going." She says hurriedly.

You hear snippets as they walk away.

"Tenno... Archons." 

"Side by side."

"Unprecedented."

47 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods and looks over* "Well, as far I can remember, with me being hospitalized, almost every day, I think I bumped into him, when I was doing one of my trades in the Relay"

"Well." Baro says. "It was a dark and stormy night..."

He leans back in his chair.

"This is notable because while space is dark, void storms do not normally happen around Relays." He says. "I was packing, well overseeing the packing, well relaxing and somewhat paying attention to the packing, of the last of my wares. Then HE walked in."

"Well." Baro says. "It was a dark and stormy night..."

He leans back in his chair.

"This is notable because while space is dark, void storms do not normally happen around Relays." He says. "I was packing, well overseeing the packing, well relaxing and somewhat paying attention to the packing, of the last of my wares. Then HE walked in."

*He crosses his leg, taking a sip from the near by drink* "Void Storms are dangerous to fly in, so had to take shelter in one, barely anyone around, most left before the storm arrived, Walked in and Saw Baro, a Man in fine clothing, saw him trying to pack up, so I tought, it be a good neighbour thing to do and offer help" 

13 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He crosses his leg, taking a sip from the near by drink* "Void Storms are dangerous to fly in, so had to take shelter in one, barely anyone around, most left before the storm arrived, Walked in and Saw Baro, a Man in fine clothing, saw him trying to pack up, so I tought, it be a good neighbour thing to do and offer help" 

"It just so happened that one of my... customers, a brute of a Rhino, was.... unhappy with a purchase." Baro says. "See he was one of those fashion groupies and had a little dilemna. See he wanted the cape to be shiny, but his areaenal settings added the paint job to all his ornaments. So unless he made the leg armo a bright yellow, the cape would not be gold. He felt I had some way to fix this."

Baro's disdain of this Tenno is obvious.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"There is the honesty that makes dealing with miliatry much easier than dealing with politicians." Melanie says. "We are prepared to grant you land. But we must be cautious how it is perceived. If we readily give up land, how long before the only human settlement is our city? At least that is what goes through the mind of the civilian."

"Sure, there is a truth in that. And that is why there is such a term as a long-term purposed rent. We need not the right of complete ownership because we do not plan to use the plot for other reasons except our direct functions, which means it won't become anything else except a garrison"

Seems like the man "energized" somewhat when away from the many eyes

"About that report mentioning major Bloom inspecting arsenals and hand grenade pins..."

Therese tensely straighten up

Edited by Teloch

"It just so happened that one of my... customers. A brute of a Rhino, was.... unhappy with a purchase." Baro says. "See he was one of those fashion groupies and had a little dilemna. See he wanted the cape to be shiny, but his areaenal settings added the paint job to all his ornaments. So unless he made the leg armo a bright yellow, the cape would not be gold. He felt I had some way to fix this."

Baro's disdain of this Tenno is obvious.

*Zaeed chuckles* "You see. this Rhino was a little out his reach, I did suggest a Darvo Deal was up to his speed, but still I aim to please my non-relical customers, so I offered him the only thing I do, Primed Items, a Primed Cape, so altlest he can feel a little special.."

13 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Sure, there is a truth in that. And that is why there is such a term as a long-term purposed rent. We need not the right of complete ownership because we do not plan to use the plot for other reasons except our direct functions, which means it won't become anything else except a garrison"

Seems like the man "energized" somewhat when away from the many eyes

"About that report mentioning major Bloom inspecting arsenals and hand grenade pins..."

Therese tensely straighten up

"That would help allay concerns." Melanie says. "The populace is adjusting, but they are still uncomfortable with Tenno so close, especially armed Tenno."

She raises an eyebrow at the mention of the report, but says nothing.