The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

15 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed chuckles* "You see. this Rhino was a little out his reach, I did suggest a Darvo Deal was up to his speed, but still I aim to please my non-relical customers, so I offered him the only thing I do, Primed Items, a Primed Cape, so altlest he can feel a little special.."

"Well he was reluctant at first." Baro said. "But Zaeed was impressively persuasive. Unfortunately the poor fellow had forgotten his ducats, if he had any to start with that is."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well he was reluctant at first." Baro said. "But Zaeed was impressively persuasive. Unfortunately the poor fellow had forgotten his ducats, if he had any to start with that is."

*Zaeed nods* "Excaly and while the poor fellow, did I do accept other currencies, Credits, Avatan Stars, I can accept other technology, like Tenno or Curpous, too but..I do bealive the fellow had enough credits, for the offer"   

7 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed nods* "Excaly and while the poor fellow, did I do accept other currencies, Credits, Avatan Stars, I can accept other technology, like Tenno or Curpous, too but..I do bealive the fellow had enough credits, for the offer"   

"Of course he got it into his head he was owed a refund." Baro says. "Started threatening to trash the place unless he was refunded."

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That would help allay concerns." Melanie says. "The populace is adjusting, but they are still uncomfortable with Tenno so close, especially armed Tenno."

She raises an eyebrow at the mention of the report, but says nothing.

At first, Teloch smiled, but became serious in an instant.

"Therese..."
"Yes sir?"
"It seems like your current service conditions made you heedless"
"... My pardons, sir! Will not happen again, sir" she answered, slowly getting to the understanding why did he say that.
"You forgot about standard combat mode video recorders mounted in our operatives frames"
"..."
An awkward silence hung up in the air 
"You did right; just like I or any other soldier would do in your place. But still, I demand complete honesty from my student"
She breathed out "Understood, sir"

He turned to Melanie, "I picked her to carry this particular duty because I knew that a red tab won't suffice. So far, she lives up to my expectations. You and me, Melanie, are from the same cauldron, and I know why did you decide to do what you did. I do put trust in you and expect you to be honest as well"

He turned to Therese again, "And another thing, Bloom..."
"Yes, sir?" She inquired, perhaps even more curious than the previous time
"Your gear is outdated and I will not tolerate that. After the official part, we'll cover this issue"
"Looking forward to it, sir" She answered with a smile

Edited by Teloch

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course he got it into his head he was owed a refund." Baro says. "Started threatening to trash the place unless he was refunded."

*Zaeed puts his hands together* "Now, you see, most other Tenno don't take kindly to empty threats, like so, I reminded him of the security of the Relay and of course I won't allow him to attack my dear friend, So I offered him a deal, that only a fool would refuse, Both are happy, and safe from harm," 

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

At first, Teloch smiled, but became serious in an instant.

"Therese..."
"Yes sir?"
"It seems like your current service conditions made you heedless"
"... My pardons, sir! Will not happen again, sir" she answered, slowly getting to the understanding why did he say that.
"You forgot about standard combat mode video recorders mounted in our operatives frames"
"..."
An awkward silence hung up in the air 
"You did right; just like I or any other soldier would do in your place. But still, I demand complete honesty from my student"
She breathed out "Understood, sir"

He turned to Melanie, "I picked her to carry this particular duty because I knew that a red tab won't suffice. So far, she lives up to my expectations. You and me, Melanie, are from the same cauldron, and I know why did you decide to do what you did. I do put trust in you and expect you to be honest as well"

He turned to Therese again, "And another thing, Bloom..."
"Yes, sir?" She inquired, perhaps even more curious than the previous time
"Your gear is outdated and I will not tolerate that. After the official part, we'll cover this issue"
"Looking forward to it, sir" She answered with a smile

Even through the dampener you can hear a commotion outside.

Melanie looks as if she might make a joke then simply nods.

"If there are any severe breaches of conduct I will notify you." She says. "But I will not babysit your soldiers."

She half-turns.

"What on Phenix is going on out there?" She asks.

25 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed puts his hands together* "Now, you see, most other Tenno don't take kindly to empty threats, like so, I reminded him of the security of the Relay and of course I won't allow him to attack my dear friend, So I offered him a deal, that only a fool would refuse, Both are happy, and safe from harm," 

"Your new friend." Baro said. "Of course he was bluffing, security was off battening down the hatches. Looked like a fight was unavoidable."

He sips his drink.

"The Rhino reached for his gun... and remembered real quick that he had forgottten to bring one." He says. "Well Zaeed may be a patient man, but when it's time to act..."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Your new friend." Baro said. "Of course he was bluffing, security was off battening down the hatches. Looked like a fight was unavoidable."

He sips his drink.

"The Rhino reached for his gun... and remembered real quick that he had forgottten to bring one." He says. "Well Zaeed may be a patient man, but when it's time to act..."

*Zaeed Nods* "In reaction of him, reaching down to his gun, I reached for mine, I'm quick to defend if its time to act, as Baro Said, but I didn't pull mine out, no Ma'ma, I'm a non-violent man, I smipley gave him the warning, that I Will, if necessary.." 

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed Nods* "In reaction of him, reaching down to his gun, I reached for mine, I'm quick to defend if its time to act, as Baro Said, but I didn't pull mine out, no Ma'ma, I'm a non-violent man, I smipley gave him the warning, that I Will, if necessary.." 

Baro kicks you under the table and winks.

"Of course the Rhino charged and...."

"Bam!" Sam said. "You shot him down right on the steps."

Baro sighs.

"No he did not." He says. "Good gracious woman this isn't a western.... now where was I?"

He scratches his chin.

"Dark and stormy.... no icovrred that." He says. "Packing... no I said that too."

He sighs.

"I've quite forgotten where I was." He says. "Anyways we've been friends even since."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"We are getting...."

Something flows through the air, a ripple,a small pulse of void. 

You can sense several armoed forms moving towards you.

"Captain." A voice says. "Orders from the the Council."

Holly unrolls something made of paper.

"Are you sure?" She asks. 

"Yes." The voice says. "You are to gather your forces immediately."

She turns to you.

"Apologies but I must be going." She says hurriedly.

You hear snippets as they walk away.

"Tenno... Archons." 

"Side by side."

"Unprecedented."

Max tapped his stick on the ground in front of him, making the sweeping motions he had been taught to do. He listened for anything that resembles a hotel, bags being dropped, elevators, keys, etc. all the while he wondered what Holly had to do?  A question for another time. Now, he has more pressing matters. Like making sure Johnathan doesnt go off chasing ducks again. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

((Tada!))

*Sarah leads Damien out of the building, walking through the streets of the city*

S-so do y-you really need a tour, or are y-you just doing this to talk to m-me?

"Well, this is my first time here, so I would need a tour at some point, but that doesn't mean I'm not doing it to talk to you," Damien said with a twinkle in his eye.

1 minute ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max tapped his stick on the ground in front of him, making the sweeping motions he had been taught to do. He listened for anything that resembles a hotel, bags being dropped, elevators, keys, etc. all the while he wondered what Holly had to do?  A question for another time. Now, he has more pressing matters. Like making sure Johnathan doesnt go off chasing ducks again. 

The sounds lead you to a rotating door. Inside is a nicely tiled floor leading to a high desk.

"May I help you, sir?" A pleasant voice asks.

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Well, this is my first time here, so I would need a tour at some point, but that doesn't mean I'm not doing it to talk to you," Damien said with a twinkle in his eye.

*Sarah chuckled, not really sure where she was going to*

W-well, I d-dont really know much about what's around here. I g-guess it'll just be an adventure.

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The sounds lead you to a rotating door. Inside is a nicely tiled floor leading to a high desk.

"May I help you, sir?" A pleasant voice asks.

Max faces the voice. "Yes. Is this a hotel?" He brings his stick in front of him, letting his hands rest on it like a sword.

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Indeed it is." The speaker says. "Would you like a room?"

"Yes. And I dont know how long I will be staying, so just add the costs on my tab."  He reached up to his tie, and pressed a silver clip on it. A slight beep emits from it. "Johnathan, come to my signal. And dont trip."  "Right away, sir". Max smiled warmly at the owner of the voice. 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Even through the dampener you can hear a commotion outside.

Melanie looks as if she might make a joke then simply nods.

"If there are any severe breaches of conduct I will notify you." She says. "But I will not babysit your soldiers."

She half-turns.

"What on Phenix is going on out there?" She asks.

Every tenno present in the room visually tightened and equipped their helmets. Perhaps Melanie could even feel an odd vibrating and energizing feeling in her insides - as if an industrial reactor centrifuge began to work in a close proximity ((someone spread his aura)). Bloom found her regulators, Ulf put a hand on his primed lex, and Teloch shifted his hand, ready to unholster his signature flamberge greatsword. 

The latter one nodded at Melanie, hinting her to open the door.

Seems like none of the present tenno actually like surprises... or even tolerate them.

Edited by Teloch

43 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah chuckled, not really sure where she was going to*

W-well, I d-dont really know much about what's around here. I g-guess it'll just be an adventure.

"The best kind of tour.  This way we'll both find out together where everything is."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Baro kicks you under the table and winks.

"Of course the Rhino charged and...."

"Bam!" Sam said. "You shot him down right on the steps."

Baro sighs.

"No he did not." He says. "Good gracious woman this isn't a western.... now where was I?"

He scratches his chin.

"Dark and stormy.... no icovrred that." He says. "Packing... no I said that too."

He sighs.

"I've quite forgotten where I was." He says. "Anyways we've been friends even since."

*He chuckles* "Not to worry Baro, but yeah, we've been friends for quite a while, ever sease"

25 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"The best kind of tour.  This way we'll both find out together where everything is."

*Sarah leads him to an open air market, the only place she was vaguely familiar with*

This is w-where I came yesterday f-for my first trip outside the m-monastery. It's also w-where I met Ts-Tsun.  Of course, I d-don't have any money.  I n-never do.

*She looks around, judging how people are looking at her, if hey even do.  She turns and walks out of the market*

S-so, w-what brings you here?

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Every tenno present in the room visually tightened and equipped their helmets. Perhaps Melanie could even feel an odd vibrating and energizing feeling in her insides - as if an industrial reactor centrifuge began to work in a close proximity ((someone spread his aura)). Bloom found her regulators, Ulf put a hand on his primed lex, and Teloch shifted his hand, ready to unholster his signature flamberge greatsword. 

The latter one nodded at Melanie, hinting her to open the door.

Seems like none of the present tenno actually like surprises... or even tolerate them.

There was no easy way to describe the bustle outside. 

Fluffles and Duchesss where sharing a cushioned seat. Neither appeared happy about this but there was really no way to avoid it. 

Tenno were flowing in and out of the room. Ryoko stood on a small pedastal. Tenno weren't the only ones. Archons and Dex films the room.

"Hwere is the Chairwoman?" A bear of a man demanded.

"In a meeting." Ryoko says. "She will be out shortly."

"Permission to lead a scouting party?" 

"Negative Captain, the fortress would be your tomb. We already have infiltration units in place. Dixon should..."

Solence fell.

"You sent Dixon into the heart of Grineer territory to scout?" A voice demanded.

"Would everyone please name one thing and place they have found Dixon in or with?" Ryoko asked.

Every person raised their hand and stated something. A black and green Frost gauntlet drew attention.

"Classified and classified." Darrin said.

"Now before you all fall back into chaos let me clarify a few things." Ryoko said. "The Chairwoman is in a meeting. I do not know when she will be available. The WTC reps are with her so we will find out about their support when they are free."

He turns and sees Melanie and does not skip a beat.

"Here is what we know so far". He said. "One hour ago a team of Tenno left to investigate anomalies in the Origin system. They found and infiltrated a heavily fortified base that we have confirmed belongs to the Kweens. They killed one Kween and the other fled. 

Cheers begin to sound and he holds up a hand.

"This rooms was not meant to hold the population of this world." He says. "So if you are not a high ranking individual GET OUT. You will be notified by your superiors when we are ready for the next step. If you breathe a word about this to anyone three things will happen. I will find you. The council will convict you of treason, and I will personally make sure you never speak again. This is now classified top secret."

Eveyrone in the room nods and disperses. The big man, Captain Holly, and unknown Ash Prime, and the previous inhabitants of the room remain. 

"Simon intercept and block all signals coming from this Citadel." Ryoko says. "As of this moment we are going dark. Nothing gets in or out."

The WTC reps would find that their comms were unable to contact even their ships in orbit. 

"Chairwoman." Ryoko says. "Warlord, good. We have before us an opprutunity to cripple the Grineer."

He folds his hands.

"How would you like to strike fear into the hearts of the dogs." He asks. "How would you like to kill a Kween?"

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

*Sarah leads him to an open air market, the only place she was vaguely familiar with*

This is w-where I came yesterday f-for my first trip outside the m-monastery. It's also w-where I met Ts-Tsun.  Of course, I d-don't have any money.  I n-never do.

*She looks around, judging how people are looking at her, if hey even do.  She turns and walks out of the market*

S-so, w-what brings you here?

People seem otherwise occupied.

"What could it be?" A man asks. "I've never seen a Tenno move so fast!"

"Maybebwe are under attack." A woman says.

"We'd know by now." Another person said. "They must have found something."

28 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He chuckles* "Not to worry Baro, but yeah, we've been friends for quite a while, ever sease"

Jensen hands Baro a device and he looks at the screen.

"It appears we may be due for a lockdown." He says.