The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

19 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Understood. The Leviathan will begin its descent." The large ship would slowly make its way down onto the surface where it would be most likely guided to a landing position. They could see it now. This Tenno carrier was decked out with a suit of firepower, looking as though it could take on Galleons with relative ease. Once within locked position and a platform pressed to the side of the Leviathan, the side door of the ship would open up. A lone Tenno would stand in the doorway before marching along the catwalk to the main landing pad. He wore a Volt Warframe that was decked out with Graxx model alloy plating and a Thales model helmet. He carried with him simply a Vaykor Marelok that was holstered on his thigh.  

"This way sir." A soldier says. 

He leads you to the War Room.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The cut goes off without incident. However you are forced into hiding when Grineer footsteps echo down the hall.

Lydia replaced the circles she'd cut into the holes before ducking into cover.  The dim light would hopefully mask the small circular ring around the holes, if indeed they even came over to check on the glass, which she doubted.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Step away from my child, please." The woman says. 

"He saw you eavesdropping, or trying to." She says. "You know you might get better answers by asking first instead of trying to be sneaky."

Max smiled and waved for Johnathan to sit. John does so, and appears to be in deep thought. "I didn't think anyone would've made time for a poor blind man, not when they are all rushing to raid a grineer fortress. And so, a distraction was needed. Thus the collision.  Even so, no excuse to try to kill me."  He reached over and removed Johnathan's top hat, setting it by his leg. "So, how much do you know about Sasha's sister?"  (Unless the buggy girl wants to show up. Ring ring, phone call!). 

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max smiled and waved for Johnathan to sit. John does so, and appears to be in deep thought. "I didn't think anyone would've made time for a poor blind man, not when they are all rushing to raid a grineer fortress. And so, a distraction was needed. Thus the collision.  Even so, no excuse to try to kill me."  He reached over and removed Johnathan's top hat, setting it by his leg. "So, how much do you know about Sasha's sister?"  (Unless the buggy girl wants to show up. Ring ring, phone call!). 

"That she does not like you." She says. "She is very adamant about that."

She offers you a cup of tea and pours herself one.

1 hour ago, OrlockCedar said:

The Volt nods and follows the soldier. In the meantime, Fireteam Sigma's men prepped for combat from within the Leviathan's hull. 

The War Room has a holograph of the Kuva Fortress and several Tenno and armored humans milling around.

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"That she does not like you." She says. "She is very adamant about that."

She offers you a cup of tea and pours herself one.

Max chuckles.  "Well, a lot of people I want to study don't.  I guess you could call it the perks of the job."  He grabs the tea, and takes a sip.  "But, I still have apathy towards her.  Mainly because we've never met.  Of course, one of the reasons she may not like me is because my head is not fun to be in.  Trust me, I know how unpleasant all my memories seem."  He smelled a hint of blood, and reached behind him to feel the bandage across his back.  It stung, his face wincing in response.  (It feels worse than it is.  Stop being such a wuss.  And stop talking to yourself.)  He took another sip of tea to try to get his mind off of his freshly torn stitches, silently cursing his hyperactive nerves....and then thanking them.

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The War Room has a holograph of the Kuva Fortress and several Tenno and armored humans milling around.

Doren looks around at the mix of Tenno and humans moving about the war room as he approaches the holographic display.

Edited by OrlockCedar

2 hours ago, OrlockCedar said:

Doren looks around at the mix of Tenno and humans moving about the war room as he approaches the holographic display.

The Black and Green Frost standing by the holograph looks at you.

"General Doren." He says. "Welcome to Phenix."

2 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max chuckles.  "Well, a lot of people I want to study don't.  I guess you could call it the perks of the job."  He grabs the tea, and takes a sip.  "But, I still have apathy towards her.  Mainly because we've never met.  Of course, one of the reasons she may not like me is because my head is not fun to be in.  Trust me, I know how unpleasant all my memories seem."  He smelled a hint of blood, and reached behind him to feel the bandage across his back.  It stung, his face wincing in response.  (It feels worse than it is.  Stop being such a wuss.  And stop talking to yourself.)  He took another sip of tea to try to get his mind off of his freshly torn stitches, silently cursing his hyperactive nerves....and then thanking them.

"Maybe you should change your approach." The woman says. "Offer then something in turn."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Black and Green Frost standing by the holograph looks at you.

"General Doren." He says. "Welcome to Phenix."

Doren would stiffen his stance and bring up to the corner of his head in a crisp yet ancient salute. He would then stand at ease with his hands behind his back. "Pleasure to be here. What's the situation?" 

4 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia replaced the circles she'd cut into the holes before ducking into cover.  The dim light would hopefully mask the small circular ring around the holes, if indeed they even came over to check on the glass, which she doubted.

For a moment luck seems to be against you. One of the Lancers strides over to peer at the glass.

"Lietenant!" A female Grineer snaps.

"Yes ma'am?" He asks. 

"Is that turbine broken?" She asks.

"No ma'am." He says.

"Then why are you staring at it?" She asks. "And not guarding the door like you are supposed to."

He snaps to attention.

"Light seemed off ma'am." He says. "I thought..."

"You what?" She asks. "You are not bred to think, you are bred to walk down that corridor every fifteen minutes and check for intruders. Not to think and not to stare at glass. The laser barrier on the third layer would detect any tampering. Now go use your eyes for something productive!"

He salutes hastily and darts from the room. The female Grineer looks around.

"If I find one more mistake made I'm going to have to execute someone." She snarls to herself. "Blasted clones been causing problems all day."

She returns to the hallway and continues dragging a corpse with her.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'm not going to hold your hand recruit." Ares says. "See if you can disable it, quietly, by any means necessary."

((hahahhah..))

*He perks a brow, then begins to look for a way to hack into it, he disconnects certain wires to  prevent alarms, and slows down the dial, if succsueful he will gain full control over the defences, if not they will shut down permanently* "If this don't work, Im just ripping wires out.."   

6 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

Doren would stiffen his stance and bring up to the corner of his head in a crisp yet ancient salute. He would then stand at ease with his hands behind his back. "Pleasure to be here. What's the situation?" 

"We found the Kweens summer home." Darrin says. "And we thought we'd stop by for a chat."

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

((hahahhah..))

*He perks a brow, then begins to look for a way to hack into it, he disconnects certain wires to  prevent alarms, and slows down the dial, if succsueful he will gain full control over the defences, if not they will shut down permanently* "If this don't work, Im just ripping wires out.."   

The system rejects your commands. The prompt on the update flashes. The options are postpone, or update now. The estimated time for download has changed to eight hours.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Maybe you should change your approach." The woman says. "Offer then something in turn."

"And there lays the problem.  I don't have anything to give except junk.  And no one really wants to listen to live music anymore, so I can't just play a few songs for them."  He takes another sip, the flavor taking on the taste of blood from the smell.  "Although, since she is telepathic, I suppose I could show her some of the more, pleasant things I experience.  Of course, that would require me meeting her first."  (A tune that none other would ever know to hear.  If you're listening.)  "Also, don't think I forgot about that suit.  You can't just by a jacket and expect it to match the rest."

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The system rejects your commands. The prompt on the update flashes. The options are postpone, or update now. The estimated time for download has changed to eight hours.

*He chuckles, he does the command another time, to expand the hours, then he clicks update* "Have fun...idiots"

Edited by -Platinum-

*Zaeed doesn't seem to return from the orbiter, but instead leaves a message for Sam & Drige* "I'm sorry Sam but I'll be unable to join you, I need to get going, something happened and it required my attention I will be back soon love you. Tell Drige I'm sorry as well, I will return soon" 

Edited by -Platinum-

16 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"And there lays the problem.  I don't have anything to give except junk.  And no one really wants to listen to live music anymore, so I can't just play a few songs for them."  He takes another sip, the flavor taking on the taste of blood from the smell.  "Although, since she is telepathic, I suppose I could show her some of the more, pleasant things I experience.  Of course, that would require me meeting her first."  (A tune that none other would ever know to hear.  If you're listening.)  "Also, don't think I forgot about that suit.  You can't just by a jacket and expect it to match the rest."

"You may take that up with Jas." She says. "But I would not be optimistic about your chances of getting a replacement."

"Does it ever shut up?" A voice asks in your mind.

"If it does not leave us alone you may silence it." The telepath's words echo through your mind.

There is a sense of eldritch glee from the other being.

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You may take that up with Jas." She says. "But I would not be optimistic about your chances of getting a replacement."

"Does it ever shut up?" A voice asks in your mind.

"If it does not leave us alone you may silence it." The telepath's words echo through your mind.

There is a sense of eldritch glee from the other being.

"I might have something he would like.  Other than a freebie to give me a beat down."  Johnathan head twitches a little, and Max taps him.  Johnathan seems to be startled from a deep sleep. "OH my, did I do something wrong?  Pardon me, madam."  (If you want me to shut up, then meet with me.  It shouldn't take long, and I won't try to kill you.)  "Jas said something about her being possessed.  At first I thought that he meant split personality, but I'm getting the feeling he meant actually possessed by something."  Johnathan is feeling his head, and seems to not know where his hat is, which is right by Max's leg.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

"I might have something he would like.  Other than a freebie to give me a beat down."  Johnathan head twitches a little, and Max taps him.  Johnathan seems to be startled from a deep sleep. "OH my, did I do something wrong?  Pardon me, madam."  (If you want me to shut up, then meet with me.  It shouldn't take long, and I won't try to kill you.)  "Jas said something about her being possessed.  At first I thought that he meant split personality, but I'm getting the feeling he meant actually possessed by something."  Johnathan is feeling his head, and seems to not know where his hat is, which is right by Max's leg.

A bolt of pain stabs through your skull as if someone drove a metal probe into your head. It snowflakes out, spearing through thought and memory, before withdrawing a heartbeat later.

"No." The voice says." We will not meet. You have nothing I want, and I already know everything about you that I want to."

He presence starts to withdraw.

"And if you use those "ice" cubes, I recommend consuming both of them yourself. It will spare you my wrath." The voice says. "Goodbye,  meat."

The presence and any residual sense of it fade.

You find yourself on the floor. Kira kneels by you, offering her hand.

"She REALLY doesn't like you." She says. She sounds both amsued and concerned. 

Edited by Rakawan