The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 hours ago, Blood_Strider said:

"Gotcha, Simon." He tilted his head, before rising up; opting not to cut the comms before he repositioned back to the consoles above.

He spoke some indiscernible words before his ship jerked forward, a few items being tossed down from some precarious roost, before it entered a more smooth flow forward as it encroached upon the Rail and The Strider pressed a few orange holographic panel buttons that had lit up on his proximity.

"Ready for the punch, Simon." The Strider acknowledged with a two-finger salute from the brass brow on his helm...

The ship comes out of punch to see a planet surrounded by ships and covered with a shield. The shield allows you to pass. 

The Tenno village has Orokin style huts and a few landing pads.

"We have an engineer inbound to help you with any... repairs your ship may need." Simon says.

Edited by Rakawan

"I see, Simon, I see..." he mused, letting his ship's Cephalon take care of the rest of the flight. There's a brief wobble in its flight as the change in pilots shifts, though it quickly stabilizes as it draws ever closer to the Village.

"... Simon, Simon, Simon." He vocally dedicated it to memory, as he looked through the grated viewport of the Mantis, shaking his head as he crossed his arms; the bionic one lagging behind a bit as the elbow joint locked up, then hissed as it came into place.

"Who is this Engineer..? What's he look like?" He asked listlessly as his head tilted, hand coming to fondle the Champion badge at his breast.

The ship flew with a curious grace, the various auxiliary thrusters burning up then cooling down in rhythm, to compensate for the Mantis' offset center of balance.

Eventually, The Mantis hovered over one of those landing pads, and with a haphazard motion of The Strider's hand, the ship lowered itself until the three remaining prongs of the Mantis folded slightly inwards and cushioned the landing with the external struts.

With a quick strike from the back of his replaced limb, he hit the side of the Mantis' interior hull, near the grated viewport, and the shielding slid back over before descending and opening up; the lattice structure folding down then out like stairsteps to the newfound locale.

The Strider stood with what could have been a grin over his helm, as he soaked in the scenery...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He walks to his ship and sets the the coordinates to the tenno Village takes off and waits to arrive 

"What condition is it in?" 

He takes of his robe to repair it

You see the ship make a landing.

1 hour ago, Blood_Strider said:

"I see, Simon, I see..." he mused, letting his ship's Cephalon take care of the rest of the flight. There's a brief wobble in its flight as the change in pilots shifts, though it quickly stabilizes as it draws ever closer to the Village.

"... Simon, Simon, Simon." He vocally dedicated it to memory, as he looked through the grated viewport of the Mantis, shaking his head as he crossed his arms; the bionic one lagging behind a bit as the elbow joint locked up, then hissed as it came into place.

"Who is this Engineer..? What's he look like?" He asked listlessly as his head tilted, hand coming to fondle the Champion badge at his breast.

The ship flew with a curious grace, the various auxiliary thrusters burning up then cooling down in rhythm, to compensate for the Mantis' offset center of balance.

Eventually, The Mantis hovered over one of those landing pads, and with a haphazard motion of The Strider's hand, the ship lowered itself until the three remaining prongs of the Mantis folded slightly inwards and cushioned the landing with the external struts.

With a quick strike from the back of his replaced limb, he hit the side of the Mantis' interior hull, near the grated viewport, and the shielding slid back over before descending and opening up; the lattice structure folding down then out like stairsteps to the newfound locale.

The Strider stood with what could have been a grin over his helm, as he soaked in the scenery...

3 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max sits at the desk, and takes off his vest and shirt, revealing his strong yet slender form.  Johnathan pulls out a suture kit, and begins to remove the old stitches on Max's back, just below his right shoulder blade.  Max winces slightly as each thread is removed, and the new ones are done in.  "Johnathan, why is this one such a difficulty?"  John moves in for a second stitching pass.  "Well sir, as with all children, she probably tends to avoid things she find unpleasant."  "I don't want files, I want opinions."  "Sir, as I was running through my data banks, I found out that I used to be a nanny, so I do speak with some experience."  Max shifts, testing his new stitches.  "Wait, you accessed your memory from a previous wipe?"  "Indubitably, sir."  Max shook his head, carefully putting his shirt and vest back on, but leaving his tie.  He wasn't going to need it.  He grabbed his still half full glass of scotch, and began to finish it.

A single ice cube floats in the drink.

There is a note by the container where his special cubes are.

"We replaced and refilled the ice cubes." The note says. "Enjoy your stay at the Phenix Luxury suite."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A single ice cube floats in the drink.

There is a note by the container where his special cubes are.

"We replaced and refilled the ice cubes." The note says. "Enjoy your stay at the Phenix Luxury suite."

Max resisted the urge to throw the glass across the room.  "F*****s.  Someone knows.  Someone who shares my feelings of untrusting."  He grabbed one cube, and gave it to Johnathan.  "Scan this, then assume the others are like it."  Johnathan began scanning, a series of faint beeps emitting from him.  Max dumped the scotch down the drain, but kept the bottle.  (They can drink it.  I'll make an excuse for why I won't drink.)  He began to feels for anything out of the ordinary, even if it was one extra drop of finger print oil on his papers.  And he also made a note to cancel all room services.

((And the test scores are......))

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Max resisted the urge to throw the glass across the room.  "F*****s.  Someone knows.  Someone who shares my feelings of untrusting."  He grabbed one cube, and gave it to Johnathan.  "Scan this, then assume the others are like it."  Johnathan began scanning, a series of faint beeps emitting from him.  Max dumped the scotch down the drain, but kept the bottle.  (They can drink it.  I'll make an excuse for why I won't drink.)  He began to feels for anything out of the ordinary, even if it was one extra drop of finger print oil on his papers.  And he also made a note to cancel all room services.

((And the test scores are......))

The cube contains Hydroxic Acid....

Also known as water.

However it is exceedingly free from impurities, filtered beyond what any hotel would be capable of. One would require a chemistry lab for this sort of work. One capable of fabricating many different concoctions.

Nothing seems out of place. Even the container is where you left it. However there are now more than two cubes inside.

Dirge smiled as he watched the man dump out the drink. From his surveillance booth he could see many things.

"Your assessment sir." Enrique asks.

"Keep an eye on him." Dirge says. "But no more pranks. He seems mostly harmless, if well informed. If he proves troublesome I'll arrange a...chat."

He turns the cameras to scan for certain trigger activity and turns to other things.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The cube contains Hydroxic Acid....

Also known as water.

However it is exceedingly free from impurities, filtered beyond what any hotel would be capable of. One would require a chemistry lab for this sort of work. One capable of fabricating many different concoctions.

Nothing seems out of place. Even the container is where you left it. However there are now more than two cubes inside.

Dirge smiled as he watched the man dump out the drink. From his surveillance booth he could see many things.

"Your assessment sir." Enrique asks.

"Keep an eye on him." Dirge says. "But no more pranks. He seems mostly harmless, if well informed. If he proves troublesome I'll arrange a...chat."

He turns the cameras to scan for certain trigger activity and turns to other things.

Max slammed the desk, not out of anger, but to get a pinpoint accurate resonance scan.  Even a dolphin would be left in awe.  He looks strait at the camera, letting his ghostly gaze bore through the lens.  "I wonder how much they would charge me for a slight vandalism."  "Most likely they would ask you to leave.  And probably in a very impolite manner."  Max decided against spray painting the camera, instead moving to grab his can and glasses.  He may be missing a piece of his suit, but he still looked good.  Really good.  He walked out of the room, normally, and moved to the city below, meaning to get a feel on how the people feel about the tenno and, other things.  If, the place was not too busy.  Johnathan followed.

Max slammed the desk, not out of anger, but to get a pinpoint accurate resonance scan.  Even a dolphin would be left in awe.  He looks strait at the camera, letting his ghostly gaze bore through the lens.  "I wonder how much they would charge me for a slight vandalism."  "Most likely they would ask you to leave.  And probably in a very impolite manner."  Max decided against spray painting the camera, instead moving to grab his can and glasses.  He may be missing a piece of his suit, but he still looked good.  Really good.  He walked out of the room, normally, and moved to the city below, meaning to get a feel on how the people feel about the tenno and, other things.  If, the place was not too busy.  Johnathan followed.

The receptionist looks at you as you leave.

"How is your stay, sir?" She asks. "Can we get you anything?"

Edited by Rakawan

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He puts his robe on lands his ship and walksets over to the landing ship.

He hails them

"I was told you're in need of repairs."

"Alright, Simon..." he muttered with a roll of his head, before it fixiated on the approaching engineer; The Strider raised his Grineer bionic and waved with a bit of a stutter, before the arm fell to his side.

"... You must be the engineer the Good Simon was just talking about!" He nodded and clapped his hands together, bowing slightly, as he stepped off from his Mantis and onto the landing pad.

The Loki looked to the Engineer, then to his Mantis and shrugged;

"Truth be told, the ship is perfectly fine... Only a few dents and dings, but it flies just fine." He nodded reassuringly, "After all, it adds a certain... personality, don't you think?" He chuckled and flourished a hand, disregarding the statement,

"What's your name then..?" he queried immediately as he idly flexed his good hand...

Edited by Blood_Strider
Forgot the quote

1 hour ago, Blood_Strider said:

"Alright, Simon..." he muttered with a roll of his head, before it fixiated on the approaching engineer; The Strider raised his Grineer bionic and waved with a bit of a stutter, before the arm fell to his side.

"... You must be the engineer the Good Simon was just talking about!" He nodded and clapped his hands together, bowing slightly, as he stepped off from his Mantis and onto the landing pad.

"Truth be told, the ship is perfectly fine... Only a few dents and dings, but it flies just fine." He nodded reassuringly, "After all, it adds a certain... personality, don't you think?" He chuckled and flourished a hand, disregarding the statement,

"What's your name then..?" he queried immediately as he idly flexed his good hand...

He puts his robe on lands his ship and walksets over to the landing ship.

He hails them

"I was told you're in need of repairs."

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The receptionist looks at you as you leave.

"How is your stay, sir?" She asks. "Can we get you anything?"

"No.  Nothing is needed.  My stay is just, fine."  He walks out, moving around the town to find the more social areas.  Areas that could hold people who have good information on the tenno/human relations.  Like a pub.  "Johnathan, got the other ones freezing?"  "Indubitably, sir." Max nodded, his cane tapping in front of him.  If this journey was unfruitful, or if it started to go in a bad direction, he would come back, and then hit the gym.  He needed to blow off some steam.

20 minutes ago, Blood_Strider said:

He bows 

"My name is Cyris. Personality... that works." He walks under the ship then returns to the Loki "It looks fine as you said. So why did "the good Simon" send me here?"

"No.  Nothing is needed.  My stay is just, fine."  He walks out, moving around the town to find the more social areas.  Areas that could hold people who have good information on the tenno/human relations.  Like a pub.  "Johnathan, got the other ones freezing?"  "Indubitably, sir." Max nodded, his cane tapping in front of him.  If this journey was unfruitful, or if it started to go in a bad direction, he would come back, and then hit the gym.  He needed to blow off some steam.

You find a bar that looks good.

Inside a man is cleaning glasses.

He slides you a box.

"Weapons inside the box." He says, gesturing to a sign on the wall that says so. It also says "Warframes powered down."

He bows 

"My name is Cyris. Personality... that works." He walks under the ship then returns to the Loki "It looks fine as you said. So why did "the good Simon" send me here?"

"It looks like it's falling apart." Simon says. "It hurts my eyes."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You find a bar that looks good.

Inside a man is cleaning glasses.

He slides you a box.

"Weapons inside the box." He says, gesturing to a sign on the wall that says so. It also says "Warframes powered down."

Max nods, and Johnathan sits before entering a low power state. "I have no weapons. Excluding my fists."  Max sits down beside Johnathan. "So, how many Tenno come through here?"

Max nods, and Johnathan sits before entering a low power state. "I have no weapons. Excluding my fists."  Max sits down beside Johnathan. "So, how many Tenno come through here?"

Sven eyes you suspiciously.

"Everyone who lives here has a weapon." He says, looking you over.

Max smiles. "I'm new. Just a visiter. Don't see much need for a weapon here. Also, not too good with a gun. Hard to see the target."  He tapped his glasses, hoping Seven would get the hint. 

He slides the box forward.

"Well just to be fair." He says. "The cane. I've seen a rogue Tenno beat to death with a frying pan, so don't tell me it doesn't count."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He slides the box forward.

"Well just to be fair." He says. "The cane. I've seen a rogue Tenno beat to death with a frying pan, so don't tell me it doesn't count."

Max laughs, and puts his cane in the box. "I take it either that was a weak tenno, or a strong person. Or a sharp pan."  He sighs, recollecting his business like attitude. "So, I take it tenno do come here."

Max laughs, and puts his cane in the box. "I take it either that was a weak tenno, or a strong person. Or a sharp pan."  He sighs, recollecting his business like attitude. "So, I take it tenno do come here."

Sven closes the box, locking it with a bio scanner, and places it beneath the counter.

"One of the few places both humans and Tenno do." Sven says. "Good thing too. Helps keep the family together."