The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 minute ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Understood." Doren turns to the other two. "Greenlight! Go! Go! Go!" The three of them would break into a sprint with their archwings attached before jumping out of the hangar bay. Each of them would activate their archwings as they hit dead space. Each of them used Itzal Archwings. "Just let me know when we can hit them hard and loud. We've got something planned for them."

"As long as it is precise and does not irradiate the target area." Darrin says.

He simply steps out of the hangar, his archwing snapping to his back,  and then flies to the front of the group. 

"We will be going in under the radar." He says. "I've plotted a path from a steroid to asteroid. As long as we avoid the scans it will work."

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed nods and gives a thumbs up, before looking over to Sam and nods her with him* "Lets go.."

Sam follows you.

The door that is marked is not patrolled.

"Hold." Sam says. "Radar shows patrol on the other side."

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Loki stows the magnifying glass and hands over a jar of gallium his hand stays on it.

"I will release it when I have determined the stars luster." He says. "I'd have to trelease it to run away anyways."

Max grabs the jar before handing the star. "Polish it on your own. Or use it for endo. Every star is the same, some just have more dirt on them."  

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"As long as it is precise and does not irradiate the target area." Darrin says.

He simply steps out of the hangar, his archwing snapping to his back,  and then flies to the front of the group. 

"We will be going in under the radar." He says. "I've plotted a path from a steroid to asteroid. As long as we avoid the scans it will work."

"Oh it'll cause one hell of a diversion." Doren would follow Darrin and anyone else he had with him.

The fleet begins to move forwards. 

"Hold weapons fire until we are writhing lock on range." Ryoko says. "Targets are coming in now. Hit the sensor arrays first, then target the defenses. Our infiltration team with disable the generators to buy us time."

The Zariman and the Vaukor Formorian move to the side moving along a path to pinch the fortress. The fortress cannons are currently ointwd at the planet, however the fleet is a not within the line of fire.

The big ships lumber forwards their bulk shielding he rest of the fleet. Most external lights are off, allowing the whole fleet to hide in the shadows of space. 

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Chatter to a minimum." Dirge says. "Zaeed, Sam. Locate the safe house. Scout ahead but stay out of sight." 

He looks to the other Wraiths.

"You three with me." He says. "Let's find that Kween."

A waypoint appears on Dirge's HUD, with a message from Lydia.

Kween guarded by Executioners and Kuva Guardians.  Engagement without casualties impossible without assistance from Nox.

6 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Oh it'll cause one hell of a diversion." Doren would follow Darrin and anyone else he had with him.

Darrin stops. He turns back to look at the hangar, or the dropship.

"That ship." He says. "In the hangar, does it have an external power outlet?"

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

A waypoint appears on Dirge's HUD, with a message from Lydia.

Kween guarded by Executioners and Kuva Guardians.  Engagement without casualties impossible without assistance from Nox.

"Casualties are unavoidable." Dirge says. "We will assess odds of success ourselves."

1 minute ago, OrlockCedar said:

"If I knew that sort of stuff I'd be an engineer, not a general. That dropship has our men in it."

"Order it to move forward with us." Darrin says. "A Grineer ship with Grineer colors will not draw attention. They won't check the authorization till we are nearly to the door. Cressa has an encryption matrix with the latest codes. She can get the ship through the checkpoint. The ship can shield our approach as long as we keep it between us and the base."

Just now, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He finishes programming the cannons then he put a comm in his ear "Try to avoid being in line-of-sight from the enemy. I'm worried that the hull won't be able to handle a direct hit"

"Understood." Terrance says. "Mr. Smith adjust bearing to bring us behind the Interitus. Ms Sanders requisition an amp ship to boost our shields."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Order it to move forward with us." Darrin says. "A Grineer ship with Grineer colors will not draw attention. They won't check the authorization till we are nearly to the door. Cressa has an encryption matrix with the latest codes. She can get the ship through the checkpoint. The ship can shield our approach as long as we keep it between us and the base."

"We have an extra. That one's been decked out for the special surprise. I'll have someone get on the spare so we can use it as a decoy." 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

He starts a scan to try to find the area of weakened hull "I'm working on a fix now." 

The scan shows the hull is weakened beneath the hangar. It should be fine unless the ship exposes its "belly" to the base.

5 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"We have an extra. That one's been decked out for the special surprise. I'll have someone get on the spare so we can use it as a decoy." 

"Do it." He says. 

A Daegy with a few Meridian troopers swings by, ready to pilot the spare ship.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Do it." He says. 

A Daegy with a few Meridian troopers swings by, ready to pilot the spare ship.

"This is Doren. I need someone piloting the spare drop ship ASAP." Soon enough, the decoy would fly out of the hangar and meet up with the incursion team.

5 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"This is Doren. I need someone piloting the spare drop ship ASAP." Soon enough, the decoy would fly out of the hangar and meet up with the incursion team.

Grok opens a channel to both generals. He sits at the helm of the spare ship.

"We are ready." He says. "Encryption codes prepared. We will be bringing a "tribute" from a recently captured colony. Going silent now. We will wiggle the left rudder if anything goes wrong. One wiggle for a delay, two for of our cover is blown. Good luck."

The channel closes and the ship begins to move forwards.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Casualties are unavoidable." Dirge says. "We will assess odds of success ourselves."

I'm talking total cell wipe without Nox.  You can't kill a Kuva Guardian, and if all you're doing is holding them off then you're not killing the Kween or preventing more from arriving.

Not usually one to advise against fighting the Grineer, she hoped Dirge would sense her hesitation and defer to her extremely recent experience.

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Attention all ships." Ryoko says. "Begin approach. Interitus will provide shelter with its side-shields. Stay loose, we don't want enemy fire hitting multiple ships. Low power to engines, try to get as close as possible before we strike. Infiltration teams standby."

The motherships punched out from the zone of operation. They made their duty, and maybe they would return if the situation demands.

Heavy fighters and destroyers scattered to prevent splash damage to multiple vessels. Judging by their maneuvers, they already split up on "waves" and prepared to make raids like the ancient nomadic conquerors did to their assault victims. 

Three AMP ships made their ways to the dreadnoughts rear ends, cuddling to them like the world cutest turtle-shaped portative fusion energy factories. The mammoths will have quite some extra sustenance to their main and additional shields. 

The heavy battleships also received the remaining AMP vessel's "hugs" and prepared to ram the way.

The heavy dropships took the rear.

Suddenly, the allied forces received a transmission. It is unclear if it was Teloch who shared it or someone from the WTC landing teams, but most of the forces received a broadcast featuring a crimson heavyweight firing his troops with a speech.

"Brothers and sisters. The Vacuum around us does not transfer sounds and the internal communications do not transfer your thoughts. However, after all the years, trenches, and wounds we've shared, I do know what each one of you feels right now. Now, when you prepare for a push, some of you fear the time-old soldier's scourges like bullets and shrapnel; more of you apprehend the unknown that awaits ahead. And almost everyone is worried about the tomorrow in which we are about to propel this system in an hour. You all ask yourselves, "What is my place in all this? What should I do?". You look at me but I have no answer for your inquiry... I don't have the answer for you because each one of you answered to this question long before this day. You answered it when you looked at the backs of those venturing to the front lines and then followed them with the whisper "nobody but me". You answered it when you made a decision that you will not hang your head in shame and divert your gaze like a coward when the time to see your loved ones will come in this world or in the other one. You answered it when you felt that the ashes of your deceased brother-in-arms pump in your heart and you will not make their sacrifices fade in vain, no matter how hard it would be to carry their memories, lessons, and legacy. You all have the answers, each one of your own. So today, we will do what we do best - we will spin the wheel of time for this system like we did it back in Tau. We will spin the wheel of time and make everyone who watches us from above proud. We will spin the wheel of time so the ones who will come after us will have a chance to spin it again. And neither bullets nor fear will ever change that"

He lowered his tone

"Do what you must, brothers and sisters, and come what may"

After finishing this bravado, he turned off the transmission and mumbled to himself

"...I hate speeches"

Edited by Teloch