The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Deploy shield patches to hull damage!" He frantically presses buttons to reroute power to shields draining 20% from the cannons. 

The apapearance of the Swarm reduces the fire the ship is receiving. 

The techs scramble to place patches, drawing additional shield power.

The canons reduce their firing as the ship moves to the safe zone.

Just now, Rakawan said:

He nods. 

"The chamber ahead is protected by a nullifier shield." He says. "Our abilities will not work inside. We however, have a plan. Dixon will Manifest a disarm to make the Kuva Guardians vulnerable, however it will affect us as well. Only melee will work. We will need to move fast."

*Zaeed sighs* "No Powers. No Weapons?, So just our Melee?, how are we, oh..boy.." *He chuckles* "This order to be fun, whats the wrose that can happen?, what we have to fight with our bare hands, without our frames?" *He laughs, to himself*

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Your kind have proven reliable as mercenaries in the past." Bec says. "Whether for money or altruistic reasons I do not doubt you would step in to fight the Sentient, regardless of our actions today."

"Making money is what got me selected to be chairman." Beck says sharply. "The Grineer are not competitors, not when it comes to trading. They are however customers. Despite the conflict they still require some of our goods."

He holds up a hand to forestall your response.

"The Orokin brought us prosperity and you toppled them." He says. "The grineer, in their own lesser way, have brought us profit and you now seek to topple them. So tell me, Tenno, why should I invest in this UHC, when you may tire of them eventually as well? What can you promise that outweighs the profit we have already made?"

"Did the Tenno build the Orokin Empire?  Did we build the Grineer Empire?  Tell me, Bek, why would we tire of the power we built?  Why would we forsake the people of our own planet?"

He sighed.  "To put it another way, there's a bigger war coming.  We're going to need weapons to fight it.  Playing two sides against the middle works well, I'll give you that.  But what will happen when the real enemy returns?  Consider this your initial investment.  If we win the day, we'll need weapons and tech to fortify our new fortress, and we'll need even more weapons and tech to fight the Sentient.  If we don't win the day, we won't be able to buy those from you."

Richard paused and put a finger to his ear as if he was listening to something, when in fact he was merely observing the holographic battle as it played out behind Bek's projected image.

"It seems we now have the upper hand, but things would go a lot quicker if the Board were to lend us its support.  Remember, keeping the status quo is profitable, but building a new military power is expensive.  Whoever wins the bid for the supply contract will make quite the fortune.  Now, I know you have other things to attend to, so I'll let you get back to them."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The apapearance of the Swarm reduces the fire the ship is receiving. 

The techs scramble to place patches, drawing additional shield power.

The canons reduce their firing as the ship moves to the safe zone.

"Seal the weakened bay and move all excess shielding going there to balance out the ship."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Did the Tenno build the Orokin Empire?  Did we build the Grineer Empire?  Tell me, Bek, why would we tire of the power we built?  Why would we forsake the people of our own planet?"

He sighed.  "To put it another way, there's a bigger war coming.  We're going to need weapons to fight it.  Playing two sides against the middle works well, I'll give you that.  But what will happen when the real enemy returns?  Consider this your initial investment.  If we win the day, we'll need weapons and tech to fortify our new fortress, and we'll need even more weapons and tech to fight the Sentient.  If we don't win the day, we won't be able to buy those from you."

Richard paused and put a finger to his ear as if he was listening to something, when in fact he was merely observing the holographic battle as it played out behind Bek's projected image.

"It seems we now have the upper hand, but things would go a lot quicker if the Board were to lend us its support.  Remember, keeping the status quo is profitable, but building a new military power is expensive.  Whoever wins the bid for the supply contract will make quite the fortune.  Now, I know you have other things to attend to, so I'll let you get back to them."

"Guarantee me a contract with your resistance forces and I will do what I can." Bec says. "Profit be with you, Tenno."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The fleet begins moving towards the safe point, the ships keeping up there fire.

The new installation arrived: a huge intricate sphere, resembling those orokin endo devices that can be found on the moon. The sphere unwraps three groups of "petals" that "blossom" into three "Gungnir" artillery prototypes previously seen during the Corpus siege on Phenix. These three artillery "flowers" seemed to be attached to the actively changing and morphing "core" sphere, that began to produce light in the very center of it, by sectioned "legs". Four AMP ships docked to the basement that was holding the sphere. It appears that this "beholder" installation began to charge up.

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Warlord please open a channel to your spacebound forces so that I can coordinate with them." C.A.L.C says.

Teloch did not reply, but another signal reached C.A.L.C.

"Cephalon Percival speaking" rang the tired voice of a man in his mid-fifties. The packages with aiming trajectories followed shortly.

"Get the allied troopers out of the range," he said "and provide the "carnation" prototype with shielding. It must not be interrupted with incoming fire"

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs* "No Powers. No Weapons?, So just our Melee?, how are we, oh..boy.." *He chuckles* "This order to be fun, whats the wrose that can happen?, what we have to fight with our bare hands, without our frames?" *He laughs, to himself*

"A sword is still a reliable weapon." Ryoko says.

He cuts down two more Grineer.

Thw Kuva Guardians step forwards. 

Ryoko blasts both with golden void energies, burning one and stunning the other.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"A sword is still a reliable weapon." Ryoko says.

He cuts down two more Grineer.

Thw Kuva Guardians step forwards. 

Ryoko blasts both with golden void energies, burning one and stunning the other.

*Zaeed nods, he grabs his dagger and dashes towards the Kuva guard, slamming down to strike it* "Man these are big grinner"

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The new installation arrived: a huge intricate sphere, resembling those orokin endo devices that can be found on the moon. The sphere unwraps three groups of "petals" that "blossom" into three "Gungnir" artillery prototypes previously seen during the Corpus siege on Phenix. These three artillery "flowers" seemed to be attached to the actively changing and morphing "core" sphere, that began to produce light in the very center of it, by sectioned "legs". Four AMP ships docked to the basement that was holding the sphere. It appears that this "beholder" installation began to charge up.

Teloch did not reply, but another signal reached C.A.L.C.

"Cephalon Percival speaking" rang the tired voice of a man in his mid-fifties. The packages with aiming trajectories followed shortly.

"Get the allied troopers out of the range," he said "and provide the "carnation" prototype with shielding. It must not be interrupted with incoming fire"

"Understood." C.A.L.C says. "Ordering ships into formation."

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Seal the weakened bay and move all excess shielding going there to balance out the ship."

"Enginee please divert power to the unmarked bay." Terrance says. "25% of total yield."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Yes sir." They say.

They follow your orders.

"Shall we begin repairs?" One asks.

"Yes"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"Understood." C.A.L.C says. "Ordering ships into formation."

"Enginee please divert power to the unmarked bay." Terrance says. "25% of total yield."

"Understood." He says while biting his lip. He moves the power back to the unmarked bay

The three UHC Dreadnoughts move into position around the "beholder" and charge their systems. 

A bubble like shield expands around the weapon, the remaining Defender class ships functioning as projection nodes. 

He shops inside begin diverting power from weapons. The enemy fire thrown at the shield begins to wear it down, prompting additional power drain.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Yes"

"Understood." He says while biting his lip. He moves the power back to the unmarked bay

The system registers as "bubble shield."

It begins drawing power at a rate far greater than any other system. 

You see a diagram showing the shield expanding over all the nearby ships, a protective bubble around the "beholder".

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Guarantee me a contract with your resistance forces and I will do what I can." Bek says. "Profit be with you, Tenno."

Richard supposed that was the best he could hope for, so he sent a text message to Darrin.

Frohd Bek may or may not be about to convince the Corpus Board to send us help.  If he does, we are bound to a yet-to-be-negotiated contract with the Corpus to buy weapons when the Sentient return.  I figured it was a fair trade, since we'd be buying from the Corpus anyway when the Sentient come back.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The system registers as "bubble shield."

It begins drawing power at a rate far greater than any other system. 

You see a diagram showing the shield expanding over all the nearby ships, a protective bubble around the "beholder".

"Should I divert all power to the "Bubble shield?" He sets up a program so all he has to do is hit a button to divert all non essential power to the shield

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs* "Well, then" *Unable to move, from the swatting, he is swatted, however the blade inside the grinner may causes radiation damage*

Sam shoots three arrows into the Guardians skull.

Ryoko readied his Orthos. Felicity grips her Bo.

"Are you ready?" He asks Zaeed and Sam.

((Commit to final battle?))

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Vatasblubber said:

"Should I divert all power to the "Bubble shield?" He sets up a program so all he has to do is hit a button to divert all non essential power to the shield

"Anything you can spare." Terrance says. "We need to protect that cannon."

The generators begin to overheat under the strain.

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The three UHC Dreadnoughts move into position around the "beholder" and charge their systems. 

A bubble like shield expands around the weapon, the remaining Defender class ships functioning as projection nodes. 

He shops inside begin diverting power from weapons. The enemy fire thrown at the shield begins to wear it down, prompting additional power drain.

The glow inside the globe intensified, making the shimmering completely unbearable to unsecured visual observers. All three "gungnir" flowers railed to their firing positions. the moving sphere parts and axises also became visually indistinguishable due to the high speed of rotations. The basements the artillery "flowers" shifted the safeguards, indicating the readiness to fire.

"Prepare for the barrage and drop the shields on my signal..." Percival said, "Now" 

Edited by Teloch

8 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard supposed that was the best he could hope for, so he sent a text message to Darrin.

Frohd Bek may or may not be about to convince the Corpus Board to send us help.  If he does, we are bound to a yet-to-be-negotiated contract with the Corpus to buy weapons when the Sentient return.  I figured it was a fair trade, since we'd be buying from the Corpus anyway when the Sentient come back.

"Understood." He replies. "We will speak with them later."

Just now, Teloch said:

The glow inside the globe intensified, making the shimmering completely unbearable to unsecured visual observers. All three "gungnir" flowers railed to their firing positions. the moving sphere parts and axises also became visually indistinguishable due to the high speed of rotations. The basements the artillery "flowers" shifted the safeguards, indicating the readiness to fire.

"Drop the shields on my signal..." Percival said, "Now" 

The shield drops. The Grineer fleet, sensing victory, moves in.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam shoots three arrows into the Guardians skull.

Ryoko readied his Orthos. Felicity grips her Bo.

"Are you ready?" He asks Zaeed and Sam.

((Commit to final battle?))

(( Commit))

*Zaeed opens his hand, letting his dagger return to his hands, he puts it back onto his holster* "Lets..do this, once and for all.."

Edited by -Platinum-