The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

36 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Hah, giveing up?, just warming up.." *He scratches his head* "Oh I have to ask, Where did you go Sam, after I tried to help you?, Drige told me, he found my frame on the floor, and had to send it back, its damaged tho.." 

"After that minscape I went here." She says. "My frame was recovered too."

48 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"People get along better than it seems." Alan says. "But that's mostly because we Tenno mind our business and they mind theirs. Thy are used to seeing Tenno, it's speaking to one, or inviting one over for dinner that is much less common."

You do notice that the humans give you a wide berth. And several that do acknowledge your presence do so with respectful, but formal, bows.

"The Council fell apart." Alan says. "Just like you said it would. Too many people wanting too much power. We spent more One revising the code and making power plays, than actually helping eachother."

At first, he wanted to say something short and, perhaps, sharp, but decided to go "the long way".

"Millenniums ago, back on old Terra, there was a Han empire. It broke into pieces because of the emperor's weakness, his unwillingness to float from his harems and to face the unpleasing reality. Warlords and oligarchs sought to break the system and to claim their own kingdoms for the sake of their own pride and selfishness. That period was later called the "Three Kingdoms era". In the end, everyone lost: Wu was ruined because of its elites corruption, even though it was the wealthiest kingdom that had the best odds to reestablish the rule of order; Shu went down because of all the court intrigues; Wei fell prey to the power plays and infighting of its noble kins. A century after, the Northern nomadic tribes incorporated the remnants of once proud Han empire.

This whole play repeatedly reappeared in human history in many different variations but with the same result. It wasn't hard to foresee what will happen with the council. What troubles me now, is if we manage to break this vicious cycle before it is too late or not. Seeing more and more of the younger tenno separate themselves from the rest of the humankind, forgetting their real origins, preferring to delegate their own responsibility for their and everyone else's fates to a certain prophet, and accenting on their "uniqueness" is what progressively scares me lately"

He sighed deeply 

"If we don't want to follow Han's way, we must break the ice and see a thirty-six years old human colonist Jonathan inviting a nine hundred years old tenno Jasper to a cozy family dinner"

Edited by Teloch

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

At first, he wanted to say something short and, perhaps, sharp, but decided to go "the long way".

"Millenniums ago, back on old Terra, there was a Han empire. It broke into pieces because of the emperor's weakness, his unwillingness to float from his harems and to face the unpleasing reality. Warlords and oligarchs sought to break the system and to claim their own kingdoms for the sake of their own pride and selfishness. That period was later called the "Three Kingdoms era". In the end, everyone lost: Wu was ruined because of its elites corruption, even though it was the wealthiest kingdom that had the best odds to reestablish the rule of order; Shu went down because of all the court intrigues; Wei fell prey to the power plays and infighting of its noble kins. A century after, the Northern nomadic tribes incorporated the remnants of once proud Han empire.

This whole play repeatedly reappeared in human history in many different variations but with the same result. It wasn't hard to foresee what will happen with the council. What troubles me now, is if we manage break this vicious cycle before it is too late or not. Seeing more and more of the younger tenno separate themselves from the rest of the humankind, forgetting their real origins, preferring to delegate their own responsibility for their and everyone else's fates to a certain prophet, and accenting on their "uniqueness" is what progressively scares me lately"

He sighed deeply 

"If we don't want to follow Han's way, we must break the ice and see a thirty-six years old human colonist Jonathan inviting a nine hundred years old tenno Jasper to a cozy family dinner"

"Things where better in the first days." Alan says. "Life was a fight, and everyone was struggling together. Gallik used to regularly dine with the Arbiter and vice versa. But peace has changed that. Darrin believes a split is inevitable. That the Tenno will either rule or be ruled."

He sighs.

"The humans won't trust the Tenno so long as they seem different. They need to see that we are like them. That we feel emotion, we feel fear, we feel sorrow. But that contrasts with our desire to be seen as the stoic guardians of humanity."

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Things where better in the first days." Alan says. "Life was a fight, and everyone was struggling together. Gallik used to regularly dine with the Arbiter and vice versa. But peace has changed that. Darrin believes a split is inevitable. That the Tenno will either rule or be ruled."

He sighs.

"The humans won't trust the Tenno so long as they seem different. They need to see that we are like them. That we feel emotion, we feel fear, we feel sorrow. But that contrasts with our desire to be seen as the stoic guardians of humanity."

"And that is why we must support UHC, Prometheans, Independent colonies, flux stations, and settlements like the one on this planet. Speaking of, how many of the local tenno are actively trying to overcome this "tenno as a warrior" mythos? Can you spotlight someone particular?"

Edited by Teloch

17 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"And that is why we must support UHC, Prometheans, Independent colonies, flux stations, and settlements like the one on this planet. Speaking of, how many of the local tenno are actively trying to overcome this "tenno as a warrior" mythos? Can you spotlight someone particular?"

"Indeed." He says. "Kira and Sara. Both bright young women. Both Tenno. They teach elementary classes at the combined school. Kira has even adopted an orphaned human child. Ryoko is focusing more on Tenno as scientists and Guardians. Darrin has gone so far as to teach additional classes , though most are combat focused."

He chuckles.

"There is a Tenno who has set up a steakhouse restaurant." He says. "And Richard spends most of his time offering various medical services to humans, Tenno, Corpus, and Grineer."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Indeed." He says. "Kira and Sara. Both bright young women. Both Tenno. They teach elementary classes at the combined school. Kira has even adopted an orphaned human child. Ryoko is focusing more on Tenno as scientists and Guardians. Darrin has gone so far as to teach additional classes , though most are combat focused."

He chuckles.

"There is a Tenno who has set up a steakhouse restaurant." He says. "And Richard spends most of his time offering various medical services to humans, Tenno, Corpus, and Grineer."

Even though he listened to the whole message, his eyes sparked with juicy red light at the very beginning of it - an indicator of an idea or excitement. He stood still for a short moment, probably scheming something, and then continued the walk.

"Can we pay a visit to Kira and Sara, by any chance?" he asked. 

Alan's guts will certainly tell him that Eligos has something on his mind

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Even though he listened to the whole message, his eyes sparked with juicy red light at the very beginning of it - an indicator of an idea or excitement. He stood still for a short moment, probably scheming something, and then continued the walk.

"Can we pay a visit to Kira and Sara, by any chance?" he asked. 

Alan's guts will certainly tell him that Eligos has something on his mind

"Of course." He says. 

He steps onto a teleport pad.

"Tenno Village." He says. The pad begins to glow.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course." He says. 

He steps onto a teleport pad.

"Tenno Village." He says. The pad begins to glow.

Even though the big kavar resisted the idea of stepping it, in the end, Baast was lifted and put on a shoulder by Teloch, who strode in his tanky manner. 

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Even though the big kavar resisted the idea of stepping it, in the end, Baast was lifted and put on a shoulder by Teloch, who strode in his tanky manner. 

The pad brings you to the center of the Tenno village. A large crystal obelisk glows in the center and you can feel the massive amounts of void energy contained within. It seems to be made of Prisma crystal.

Tenno fill the area. Some barter goods, others give gifts. And some simply stand and nod as a Loki performs a ballad about the reign and death of the Kweens.

Alan leads you to a small hut. A Chroma effigy floats outside, his eyes tracking you. It is in ice mode right now. 

Something furry is curled up on its shoulders, licking its paws nonchalantly.  

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"After that minscape I went here." She says. "My frame was recovered too."

*He Sighs* "Well, I shuold let you rest, Sam, i've need to repair my frame and then prep, for what ever Drige has in mind for me, and gonna do a bit of shopping, and then either, find out, if I'm going to this ugh, Kuva Base, or if someone else has something in mind for me.."

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*He Sighs* "Well, I shuold let you rest, Sam, i've need to repair my frame and then prep, for what ever Drige has in mind for me, and gonna do a bit of shopping, and then either, find out, if I'm going to this ugh, Kuva Base, or if someone else has something in mind for me.."

"Well I'm going to get a drink." Enrique says. "Oh and nice try bribing me, but even Baro himself doesn't have the funds for that."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I'll be fine." She says. "Go get some sleep. We'll need it."

*Zaeed Nods, he pats her leg gently, before getting up and walking over to the door* "Yeah after today, I do need it, and if you need anything Sam, just contact me via the link" *He walks out, and then begins to head back to his Orbiter*  

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed Nods, he pats her leg gently, before getting up and walking over to the door* "Yeah after today, I do need it, and if you need anything Sam, just contact me via the link" *He walks out, and then begins to head back to his Orbiter*  

"And Zaeed." She says as you leave. "Thank you."

She falls asleep soon after. Enrique's words ringing through her mind.

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Smiles, and walks to his ship, to take him to his obiter* "Well, guess time to hit the hay"

No one stops you.

(((You may now post one post about his dreams, and/or what he does before falling asleep. If he does anything during the night you may PM me for a private session.))

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

No one stops you.

(((You may now post one post about his dreams, and/or what he does before falling asleep. If he does anything during the night you may PM me for a private session.))

*Before bed, he sets up his Arsenal  to repair his Ash Prime frame, and weapons, he updates the security  system by 200%, to prevent hackers, he heads off to bed* "Frame and Weapons repairing, Systems updated, and now time for.;.bed.."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The pad brings you to the center of the Tenno village. A large crystal obelisk glows in the center and you can feel the massive amounts of void energy contained within. It seems to be made of Prisma crystal.

Tenno fill the area. Some barter goods, others give gifts. And some simply stand and nod as a Loki performs a ballad about the reign and death of the Kweens.

Alan leads you to a small hut. A Chroma effigy floats outside, his eyes tracking you. It is in ice mode right now. 

Something furry is curled up on its shoulders, licking its paws nonchalantly.  

"The energy dump crystal? Clever" he commented the structure at the center. Threading through the village was emotionally easier since no one gave a damn about armed to the teeth heavy. He used a chance to visually assess almost anything that crossed his way: people, behaviors, structures. It was a rare opportunity to have a peek at something a combat general simply won't see the other day.

Upon approaching  the hut, he began to feel slightly tense, or, perhaps, even shy. His cat, knowing the foul character of local kavats, preferred not to draw the attention of yet another potential jerk denizen.

"You go first. I'm terrible on ceremonies" he said. 

Edited by Teloch

15 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"The energy dump crystal? Clever" he commented the structure at the center. Threading through the village was emotionally easier since no one gave a damn about armed to the teeth heavy. He used a chance to visually assess almost anything that crossed his way: people, behaviors, structures. It was a rare opportunity to have a peek at something a combat general simply won't see the other day.

Upon approaching  the hut, he began to feel slightly tense, or, perhaps, even shy. His cat, knowing the foul character of local kavats, preferred not to draw the attention of yet another potential jerk denizen.

"You go first. I'm terrible on ceremonies" he said. 

The Kavat nonetheless notices Baast. 

It is a female Smeeta Kavat with a cyan fur and a bright pink underbelly. It mewls excitedly and jumps down to sniff at Baast.

Alan steps into the hut. It is larger inside than it seems. Two women sit at a table, and a peltless Chroma leans against the counter, flipping a coin between his fingers. It is an old golden doubloon. His hand reaches for a nearby Hek as the door opens, only to snap back as Alan enters.

"Old man." He says respectfully.

"Kira, Sara." Alan says. "Francis. This is Warlord Teloch, an old friend."

Francis' stance relaxes as Alan introduces you as friend. 

"These three are members of Miraalan, Ryoko's clan." He says. 

Sara, clad in a sparkly pink Tenno robe, reaches behind her.

"Sara!" Francis snaps. "No!"

She withdraws her hand and you see a handful of glitter in it.

"Just a little?" She asks.

"No." Francis says. "We don't glitter bomb guests. The Arbiters and old friends, but not guests."

There is a human child napping in a pouch in Kira's back. Kira herself is clad in another robe with more subdued colors.

Unlike the others she is armed, a destrezza sits at her side, and she watches you with the look of a mother bear assessing a potential threat to her cubs.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Kavat nonetheless notices Baast. 

It is a female Smeeta Kavat with a cyan fur and a bright pink underbelly. It mewls excitedly and jumps down to sniff at Baast.

Alan steps into the hut. It is larger inside than it seems. Two women sit at a table, and a peltless Chroma leans against the counter, flipping a coin between his fingers. It is an old golden doubloon. His hand reaches for a nearby Hek as the door opens, only to snap back as Alan enters.

"Old man." He says respectfully.

"Kira, Sara." Alan says. "Francis. This is Warlord Teloch, an old friend."

Francis' stance relaxes as Alan introduces you as friend. 

"These theee are members of Miraalan, Ryoko's clan." He says. 

Sara, clad in a sparkly pink Tenno jumpsuit, reaches behind her.

"Sara!" Francis snaps. "No!"

She withdraws her hand and younsee a handful of glitter in it.

"Just a little?" She asks.

"No." Francis says. "We don't glitter bomb guests. The Arbiters and old friends, but not guests."

Baast just watched the other feline sniffed at her. Motionlessly observed.

Teloch almost giggled on a reflex. Almost. Even though the situation was way too silly for his expectations, he put his stoic grimace and attempted to proceed professionally (if a bit too polite).

"Just as Alan said, my name is Teloch Siger, I am a brigade general and the head warlord of the White Tiger Cove. Earlier today, I came with an official visit to inspect this colony but... you know what have had to take care of. This is why we disturbed you at this rather late hour. During this visit, I've been told that two of you - Sarah and Kira - have social experience that differs from what is expected from the typical tenno role model. That is why I would like to hear about your civilian experience, local tenno community, and the main issues and challenges it faces. In short - how is it to be a civilian tenno"

24 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Baast just watched the other feline sniffed at her. Motionlessly observed.

Teloch almost giggled on a reflex. Almost. Even though the situation was way too silly for his expectations, he put his stoic grimace and attempted to proceed professionally (if a bit too polite).

"Just as Alan said, my name is Teloch Siger, I am a brigade general and the head warlord of the White Tiger Cove. Earlier today, I came with an official visit to inspect this colony but... you know what have had to take care of. This is why we disturbed you at this rather late hour. During this visit, I've been told that two of you - Sarah and Kira - have social experience that differs from what is expected from the typical tenno role model. That is why I would like to hear about your civilian experience, local tenno community, and the main issues and challenges it faces. In short - how is it to be a civilian tenno"

"Our clan calls us non combatants." Sara says. Kira still stares as if trying to read you. "Some call us cowards..."

Fracnis clenches his fist at this remark.

"But what they seem to forget is that none of us had a choice during the Empire." She continues. "All Tenno where weapons. So when we finally got the chance we chose to do something different."

She has a sweet and gentle voice, albeit one filled with excitement.

Outside the Kavat circles around and bats at Baast's tail. It seems to be a very young Kavat, almost still a kitten. It crouches down, then bats her tail again, and scuttles back, as if trying to bait her into playing.

Back inside Sara continues.

"We both teach at the school." She says. "Mostly human children, but there are a few younger Tenno who are studying for degrees."

She sips her drink.

"It's nice not have to worry about constant attacks." She says. "We both have a large stockpile of credits and resources from the first few years so we don't really want to for anything."

"Have you ever been married, Warlord?" Kira asks suddenly. 

Edited by Rakawan