The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Hush whelp," Teloch snapped, "you allowed others to lead you astray, you gave up the control over yourself and tossed away the responsibility for your deeds. Hiding from it in death will be a luxury I will not grant you with. Your will master your inner tensions, find a purpose, and bear the liability for your actions. This will be your atonement"

He then turn to Tak

"I think I may give a lecture on the path I walketh for those who are eager to listen"

Tony stands and bows.

"Yes, Master Tenno." He says. 

The guards follow him as he makes his way back to his room.

"We are not entirely sure the programming was voluntary." Alan says. "He has expressed great regret, and stated a desire to be free. Whatever happened to that boy, some small part of me pitied him."

"Excellent." Tak says, to your comment about the lesson. "We do have a class tomorrow. The hour draws late today. You are welcome to room here, and speak with the shades."

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

There is a small kubrow pup trying desperately to free itself from a frilly pink lace dress. 

You can hear sounds as the woman moves around the shop.

She shook the damned dress just so the pup could get its sweet freedom

Tony entered the drawing room and sat at a table, grabbing a quilt and ink. 

His hands, jittering before, traced an all too familiar, yet mysterious, shape. A diamond, split halfway through into four sharp spikes. A single dot, an eye perhaps, sat between the middle two.

"An interesting doodle." A voice said. 

"Master Cass!" Tony said, startled. "I...."

"Where did you see this?" Cass asked. 

"In. My. Dreams." Tony says. "It. Appears. Before. A. Backdrop. Of. Shadows. A. Wall. Beyond. Which. Light. Cannot. Reach. It. Pulses. Red. Like. A. Heartbeat. In. Time. With. My. Own. It... it calls to me."

He turned to the Tenno master.

"What. Does. It. Mean?" He asked.

"Dreams are signs of the war within us all." Cass said. "It could be an omen, a fear you have. Something you do not wish to meet, or become."

"I. Don't. Understand." Tony said. 

"Few do." Cass says. "Perhaps time will make it clear. For now I recommend you learn to associate this symbol with death. Flee from it, both in your dream and in life. Any foe who bears this sigil is beyond you."

He patted the initiate on the shoulder and turned to leave.

"You. Didn't. Answer. My. Question." Tony said.

"It is the sigil of the Shadow." Class said. "The Hunter of Tenno. The ghost of vengeance."

He turned and left.

Tony turned back to the sigil.

Edited by Rakawan

28 minutes ago, Teloch said:

She shook the damned dress just so the pup could get its sweet freedom

The dog yips and darts away.

"Mittens!" The woman exclaims, darting over and stopping feet from where you hide. "You lost your dress again!"

Laura watches as the woman picks up the dug and carries it towards the back, disappearing behind a curtain.

Edited by Rakawan

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The dig tips and darts away.

"Mittens!" The woman exclaims, darting over and stopping feet from where you hide. "You lost your dress again!"

Laura watches as the woman picks up the dug and carries it towards the back, disappearing behind a curtain.

At first, bloom wanted to bolt away from the shop, but her calculative mind done some maths. Elderly people don't treat pets that way unless they don't have anyone else to care about. Elderly people don't stay up that late, hiding from the loneliness in their hobbies or occupations they consider as their calling. Elderly people don't normally try to be as helpful and loving towards strangers. She could almost smell subdued grief, loss. and compensation about this woman, and the fact that the planet lost almost half of its denizens before only solidified her suspicions. 

"Seems like the green light, Laura," she said openly, "Change of mind in my case; I think I'll indulge the lady. Crazy or not, but I think she deserves some good customers" she concluded, not counting on Laura to understand the reason behind her change of plans.

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

At first, bloom wanted to bolt away from the shop, but her calculative mind done some maths. Elderly people don't treat pets that way unless they don't have anyone else to care about. Elderly people don't stay up that late, hiding from the loneliness in their hobbies or occupations they consider as their calling. Elderly people don't normally try to be as helpful and loving towards strangers. She could almost smell subdued grief, loss. and compensation about this woman, and the fact that the planet lost almost half of its denizens before only solidified her suspicions. 

"Seems like the green light, Laura," she said openly, "Change of mind in my case; I think I'll indulge the lady. Crazy or not, but I think she deserves some good customers" she concluded, not counting on Laura to understand her change of plans.

Laura does not stop to hear your reasons, instead she bolts from the store as if the atmosphere were contagious. 

The woman emerges seconds later from the back, holding a squirming and hyperventilating kubrow pup.

On 12/8/2016 at 3:19 PM, Rakawan said:

He activates his coma.

"Tak, yeah I got a favor to ask." He says. "Could you have the shades avoid the area around my room and the landing pad?"

"Becuase I have a quest and she is scared of them." He says. "Yes. Yes I know... look can you do it or not? Thank you."

He looks at Samantha.

"There." He says. "They won't bother us at all."

Something knocks on the door.

"Is it a ghost?" she hides behind him. He can feel her shaking wildly.

Just now, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Is it a ghost?" she hides behind him. He can feel her shaking wildly.

It is a Tenno messenger.

"Invite to the wedding of Ryoko and Felicity." He says. "Sorry it's late. You are hard to find.

He salutes and runs off.

Ares pats her back.

"There there." He says. "The ghosts are gone. The Keeper told them to leave us alone."

47 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tony stands and bows.

"Yes, Master Tenno." He says. 

The guards follow him as he makes his way back to his room.

"We are not entirely sure the programming was voluntary." Alan says. "He has expressed great regret, and stated a desire to be free. Whatever happened to that boy, some small part of me pitied him."

"Excellent." Tak says, to your comment about the lesson. "We do have a class tomorrow. The hour draws late today. You are welcome to room here, and speak with the shades."

"After seeing so many tidal waves, one learns to treasure the calm before the flood. Today, we have awoken a new wave. I will stay overnight. Hopefully, Wuzhong have things under control and the world ain't going flip before morning"

He addressed both interlocutors, "Carpe diem, brethren"

Just now, Rakawan said:

It is a Tenno messenger.

"Invite to the wedding of Ryoko and Felicity." He says. "Sorry it's late. You are hard to find.

He salutes and runs off.

Ares pats her back.

"There there." He says. "The ghosts are gone. The Keeper told them to leave us alone."

"Ok Ok OK I know its a silly fear but I jump out of my skin when ghosts are around." She starts blushing "So what's this wedding?"

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"After seeing so many tidal waves, one learns to treasure the calm before the flood. Today, we have awoken a new wave. I will stay overnight. Hopefully, Wuzhong have things under control and the world ain't going flip before morning"

He addressed both interlocutors, "Carpe diem, brethren"

"Studium in nocte." Tak replies.

Alan shows you to the quarters. They are comfortable, but spartan.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Ok Ok OK I know its a silly fear but I jump out of my skin when ghosts are around." She starts blushing "So what's this wedding?"

"The Arbiter, the one who founded this colony and my clan, is marrying his fiancé." Ares says. "They apparently met during the Orokin Era. It's a long story."

He leads you back to a balcony of the Monastary. True to his word you see no shades.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

"The Arbiter, the one who founded this colony and my clan, is marrying his fiancé." Ares says. "They apparently met during the Orokin Era. It's a long story."

He leads you back to a balcony of the Monastary. True to his word you see no shades.

She follows him very slowly and then says "Oh thank the void there's no ghosts." She takes a deep breath "This... This is nice." She grabs his arm and snuggles in 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

She follows him very slowly and then says "Oh thank the void there's no ghosts." She takes a deep breath "This... This is nice." She grabs his arm and snuggles in 

He holds you tighter.

"Yes it is." He says. 

Minutes pass.

"You know." He says. "I could use a date to the wedding dance. And it would give you a chance to meet the Arbiter. Maybe you could see about joining the dig on Lua. You'd get a chance to work with Orokin and Sentient tech."

Just now, Rakawan said:

He holds you tighter.

"Yes it is." He says. 

Minutes pass.

"You know." He says. "I could use a date to the wedding dance. And it would give you a chance to meet the Arbiter. Maybe you could see about joining the dig on Lua. You'd get a chance to work with Orokin and Sentient tech."

"Ok, it will be our first real date." She pulls off and spins around before grabbing his hand again "I could use some more dancing time also." She giggles

Just now, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"Ok, it will be our first real date." She pulls off and spins around before grabbing his hand again "I could use some more dancing time also." She giggles

He begins to dance with you.

"If you don't feel like flying back you could always stay here." He says. "I'm sure the Monastary has an open room."

He smiles as he dances. 

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Laura does not stop to hear your reasons, instead she bolts from the store as if the atmosphere were contagious. 

The woman emerges seconds later from the back, holding a squirming and hyperventilating kubrow pup.

"I think that Mittens may enjoy their freedom a bit more while we browse. Somehow, I feel more inclined to walk away with a purchase. Say, how did you end up being so impassioned about tailoring? I'm sure there is a story there" 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Trader?" She asks. "It is quite late."

*He says silently* "I'm sorry to bother you, at this time, but I have to admit, I'm wanting to get to Lua, with that task, I was told about, I've slept, so not tired, enough to go to bed, do you kown, where I can go, to take a ride that place"

Just now, Teloch said:

"I think that Mittens may enjoy their freedom a bit more while we browse. Somehow, I feel more inclined to walk away with a purchase. Say, how did you end up being so impassioned about tailoring? I'm sure there is a story there" 

The woman looks around for Laura, then shrugs and sets the dog down. She begins pulling dresses from the rack, and pressing them against you.

"My nana taught me to sew when I just a wee little thing." She says. "I grew up in a fringe colony. No Corpus, no Grineer, just humans wrestling a living from the dirt. I never had a green thumb. But I did have a silver thimble."

She sets aside three dresses and returns the rest.

"Every fall there was dance. A harvest festival." She says. "The other girls came from miles around for my nana's dresses. Everyone wanted to catch the eye of their beau."

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vatasblubber said:

"I don't have to be back for a week. I didn't know how long it would take to find you."

"I hope I didn't make it too easy." He says. "I do after all have a reputation."

He sighs contentedly.

"A week." He says. "So one week to convince you to stay?"

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He says silently* "I'm sorry to bother you, at this time, but I have to admit, I'm wanting to get to Lua, with that task, I was told about, I've slept, so not tired, enough to go to bed, do you kown, where I can go, to take a ride that place"

"Are you sure?" She asks. "What did Sam say?"