The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Panicked at the appearance of a much larger threat Fluffle Prime let's put a distressed sound and bounds away. Without their leader the Pillow quickly follow suit.

*She bullet-jumps back, near the childen* "That shuold scare them off for a while"

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She bullet-jumps back, near the childen* "That shuold scare them off for a while"

The children are cheering and congratulating eachother.

"That was fun." Junior says. "I can't wait to do it again tomorrow."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She types it in. The message reaches the first set of interstellar beacons and is rerouted back planetside.

"Felicity, dear could you hand that device to Max please." Dirge's voice says from the device."

She hands it to you.

"Let me explain the rules of this little game." Dirge says. "You have nothing. No favors, no life-line. Nothing but your, quite dismal, charm and the clothes on your back. I've seen someone build a colony on less, so let's see what you can do."

He chuckles.

"And don't try to cause a scene." He says. "It's my brothers special day and I'd hate to miss it because I had to dispose of another corpse."

The device clicks.

He tosses the device back to Felicity.  "Well, on the bright side, if I don't check in after two more days, a rescue team might be sent to gather me up.  Or they could just assume I've finally found a nice place to retire."  He reaches into his pocket, finding no money.  "Well, this is going to be, interesting.  Say, Miss Felicity, have any jobs or such for someone like me?"

Just now, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

He tosses the device back to Felicity.  "Well, on the bright side, if I don't check in after two more days, a rescue team might be sent to gather me up.  Or they could just assume I've finally found a nice place to retire."  He reaches into his pocket, finding no money.  "Well, this is going to be, interesting.  Say, Miss Felicity, have any jobs or such for someone like me?"

"Depends." She says. "What can you do?"

"I'm good with numbers, I have a good bit of experience with a multitude of machines, including warframes, and I can make a variety of parts from a variety of things."  

"Can you rug something together out of scraps and half-working tech?" She asks. "Have you always dreamed of visiting new and exotic places?"

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Can you rug something together out of scraps and half-working tech?" She asks. "Have you always dreamed of visiting new and exotic places?"

"Depends on what's available.  And, no.  I don't fancy new and exotic places that are in the already explored origin, mainly because they're usually deadly traps."

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

"Depends on what's available.  And, no.  I don't fancy new and exotic places that are in the already explored origin, mainly because they're usually deadly traps."

"I think I have just the thing." She says. 

She leads you to a building where a young woman is waiting behind a desk. 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"So, what's this job?"  

((Keep forgetting he is mostly blind.)) 

Someone slaps you on the back and the last thing you sense before slumping over is Kira holding up what appears to be a small square.

"Help me buckle him into the transport." She says.

"Kira!" Felicity exclaims. "He was here for a job, you can't just kidnap people for the expedition!"

"Would it help if he was a completely arrogant tool?" She asked. 

"Well...."

"He did make fun of the Grineer Assault and imply we should have outsmarted them."

Silence, then...

"Which seat do you want him in?"

Several feverish minutes later you find yourself coughing up water as Kira preformed CPR on you. You can hear the crash of lightning and feel rain on your face. You can also hear waves crashing into the shore.

There is a strange smell to the air. It reeks of mud and animal fur and wet leaves. 

"He's alive." Kira says. "Hand me a blanket."

Rather than wrap you in it you hear and sense her wrap it around herself. 

"Where is my warframe?" She asks. 

"Shut down." Someone says. "We'll need somewhere dry to restart it."

Kira grumbles something.

Edited by Rakawan

Max just has a look of absolute annoyance on his face.  "What, the hell.  Do I even get anything to help me, or am I the helpless decoy?"

Something plops onto your chest. 

A walking stick and what appear to be some sort of goggles with a strap that goes over your head and around the sides.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

He stands up, putting on the goggles.

There is a slight stinging sensation and then, with a flash, you can see.

The world appears to be composed of static shaped into objects. Everything is black and white and the world illuminates in pulses. 

The static settles as your nerves adjust to the input and you can see a long beach stretching to either side of you, and a towering rainforest in front of you.

Kira and another young woman are arguing over a data-pad while a few more people drag crates out of the waves.

Edited by Rakawan